Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-29-17, 03:46 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I think they have the potential to feel repetitive but right now there's enough subtle variety in the moves for me to be curious about the next set of moves and all. I think this is the kind of workout where you have to keep doing it consistently or any results will disappear fast and I'm honestly not sure if I could do this "forever".
I did his new one "Smooth Moves" that focused mostly on the top of the thigh - and it did just that. Combine this with his other glute/waist focuses and they are completely different.

Definitely glad there are options for everyone.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-17, 08:07 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I did his new one "Smooth Moves" that focused mostly on the top of the thigh - and it did just that. Combine this with his other glute/waist focuses and they are completely different.
Oooh, that looks good -- I'm going to do that one tomorrow. I didn't do his stuff today -- butt is still sore from yesterday! It would be interesting if they came up with a weekly rotation the way PBL does. That might inspire him to make some different focused workouts if he were thinking about it that way (though you'd think he probably should be thinking about it that way for his clients/classes). ETA: I really like that his work is mostly standing -- well, a lot of it is. At the moment I am preferring standing workouts.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-17, 08:49 PM  
hotncmom

I don't see a workout called "Smooth Moves". There are 3 marked as "new": Firm, Round & Lifted Butt, Pvolve Staple Workout, and Those Hips, Those Thighs, That Butt.

It also looks like the site has changed format in the last week?
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-17, 09:01 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I don't see a workout called "Smooth Moves". There are 3 marked as "new": Firm, Round & Lifted Butt, Pvolve Staple Workout, and Those Hips, Those Thighs, That Butt.

Those are last weeks new ones.

This week is:
New hips & abs - 45 min
New - smooth moves 27 min
New Pvolve sculpt & squeeze class - 49 min

Site looks exactly the same to me

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-17, 09:39 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post

I had to reload in order to see the new ones.
Old 11-30-17, 08:38 AM  
deineira

Quote:
It would be interesting if they came up with a weekly rotation the way PBL does. That might inspire him to make some different focused workouts if he were thinking about it that way (though you'd think he probably should be thinking about it that way for his clients/classes). ETA: I really like that his work is mostly standing -- well, a lot of it is. At the moment I am preferring standing workouts.
I contacted them when I first signed to ask how they recommend we use the workouts, and the response I received is below:

Regarding the workout structure, we suggest doing the workout 3-4x a week, incorporating a class, full body and 2 targeted focused videos (whichever are your areas of concern). We will be uploading new videos each week so there will always be fresh content available for you! Please try not to repeat videos throughout the week.
We are also launching our 30-Day Evolution Program which will be formatting in a calendar setting specific to which workouts are done on what days.

I'm not 100% clear if the last sentence means they are going to create rotations, or if they will provide a place for us to track our own rotations...
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-17, 04:30 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
I contacted them when I first signed to ask how they recommend we use the workouts, and the response I received is below:

Regarding the workout structure, we suggest doing the workout 3-4x a week, incorporating a class, full body and 2 targeted focused videos (whichever are your areas of concern). We will be uploading new videos each week so there will always be fresh content available for you! Please try not to repeat videos throughout the week.
We are also launching our 30-Day Evolution Program which will be formatting in a calendar setting specific to which workouts are done on what days.

I'm not 100% clear if the last sentence means they are going to create rotations, or if they will provide a place for us to track our own rotations...
Oh, cool -- thanks. It'll be interesting to see additional videos and also whatever that 30 day program is.
Old 11-30-17, 06:03 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
I had to reload in order to see the new ones.
That worked! Thanks!
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-17, 01:47 PM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

Its love

Hey ladies, I hope the start of the Holiday season has been excellent for all. I have done every single Pvolve stream and I have to say I love it and can definitely feel and see a change in my posture and physique in general for the positive.
I'm still incorporating these with my other workouts that I was already doing which consist of :Tonique, SleekTechnique, LEKfit, Alexia Clark, but I am seriously considering giving these an exclusive wirl as I am loving them so much.
I like that they are deep intense muscle work but that I am not crazy sore after. I usually do them as my finisher with other workouts.
I like that each workout is its own thing. Yes they are similar because it is his method but I dont feel like I am on repeat.
He is professional, stays on point, and no talk of being "teeny tiny", or shaming of body types.
There are variety of ages and builds within his videos of the female participants. I like that he is consistant with the exercises and reps being same on each side and that the videos dont feel overly rehearsed (like some Firms and some BBS), his cueing, instruction sounds genuine not overly scripted.
I recommend checking them out! The only thing I would not do is buy equipment (except the Pball, I did purchase from him and they did speedy shipping which was great) from his store as there is way better pricing for same things such as ankle weights, tubing, out there on other sites.
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-17, 02:58 PM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin13 View Post
I recommend checking them out! The only thing I would not do is buy equipment (except the Pball, I did purchase from him and they did speedy shipping which was great) from his store as there is way better pricing for same things such as ankle weights, tubing, out there on other sites.
Hi,
Where did you get better pricing on the ankle tubing? I regret not ordering from him when I ordred the Pball, because when I went to order on Amazon, it was more expensive. :-(

Glad you are liking the workouts. I have done a few here and there and like them too. I'm traveling, so I'm trying to stick to the ones with minimum equipment for now.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitball, hdm, p.volve, thighmatics