Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-13, 07:06 PM  
Whimzee

Good Walking Shoes?

I'm looking for a supportive pair of walking shoes but I need a lot of cushioning in my heel area. I've been eying "Asics Gel Tech Walkers Neo 2". I believe they were Consumer Reports top pick for walking shoes?

Any info on these or other suggestions? Much thanks!
Whimzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-13, 07:37 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I just bought a pair of these from Amazon. I've only used them once, so I really can't help much, but I did like them.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-13, 10:42 PM  
PrairieGem

I've had a lot of foot issues (bunions, Morton's neuroma-type forefoot problems, a plantar fasciitis episode, as well as chronic bursitis in my hips), and I recently found these Easy Spirit Walking/Running shoes. At the time I was primarily looking for something that wouldn't aggravate my bunionettes (pinky-toe bunions), as well as something that wasn't mesh, because my feet get cold walking outside. They are *super* supportive and have a lot of cushioning. When I first put them on, they felt really strange--very restrictive, almost like some kind of a brace... but as I walked, then jogged, then jumped around in them, I was actually really impressed by the stability and cushioning. I wore them to run my 5K last month, and found that by the end of the race I would have preferred a little more cushioning in the forefoot, but for regular walking (we walk a couple miles a day), they've been great. I think most runners would prefer a traditional lightweight running shoe. I did get what I wanted--a warm shoe--and find that my feet actually get *too* hot in them doing regular indoor cardio. I guess I can't have everything.

Good luck on your hunt!
Old 05-02-13, 10:54 PM  
bfit

I've always had good luck with the New Balance 840 series. Very comfortable and supportive.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
easy spirit shoes