Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-08, 10:30 PM  
Mary W
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster
Laura, interesting that you mention about the shoes being roomy in the toes; the reviews of the style I'm looking at on Zappos.com specifically stated that they seemed narrow in the toe area, which concerned me somewhat.

Hmm, Kathryn and Melissa, that's too bad that the sizing has been inconsistent for you--I was thinking about ordering online. I guess I'll have to check about the return policy, but virtually every pair of shoes in my closet is a size 8.5.
Maybe we have the same feet, Toaster! The only shoes I've ever had to buy in a different size is Rykas, which run small for me. The rest of my shoes, and I have quite a few , are a size 8 1/2.
Old 05-31-08, 09:15 AM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

I have a pair of Earth shoes that I love. They're wider in the toe box than my other shoes -- this is great for me. I have narrowish feet until you get to the toes.

I don't wear them all the time -- my own foot theory revolves around changing shoe types every day or so. Seems to work like an exercise for me.

They're not good for everyone -- my husband in particular had very unpleasant luck with them (he has low arches). But when they're good, they're great!
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-08, 01:24 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks Sharon! I found an ebay seller that offers returns, so I think I'm going to go for it.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-08, 06:10 PM  
Sunnyday

I have a few pair of Earth shoes. I have sneakers, sandals and clogs . I love them all. I exercise in them and wear them on the treadmill. I really feel like I get a work out when I wear them. I notice that if I switch between them and other shoes, my legs feel a little sore. FYI, HSN also sells them, but I know you mentioned paypal. I got a couple pair from them when they were on sale. I'm trying to build up my collection! Hope you enjoy yours!
Sunnyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-08, 11:27 AM  
Mulberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster
Thanks Sharon! I found an ebay seller that offers returns, so I think I'm going to go for it.
Beth,

After you get them, please post how they are!
Mulberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-08, 11:32 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I will definitely report back...waiting now for the auction to end.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-09-08, 06:21 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Got my Earth shoes today! The size 8.5 fits perfectly. There was no problem with the toe box being narrow at all--if anything, that area is kind of widish, giving the shoe a slight clownish appearance. I think the shoes are cute and stylish, but DH thought that they looked a little masculine; I suppose that's true, as they're pretty rugged-looking, but not like work boots or anything. I've only worn them around the house so far, and they do feel a little weird, but not too. I don't really notice my heel being lower--it actually feels more like the instep is lower, but I guess that's just because the overall feel of the shoe is different. Anyway, I'm happy with the purchase and looking forward to wearing them for a longer period (although I probably won't anytime soon since the suede makes them seem more for cold weather).

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-09-08, 06:26 PM  
Mulberry

Thanks for your report, Beth! I just might try them at some point.

Nancy
Old 06-22-08, 01:02 PM  
Mulberry

Beth...What do you think?

Hi Beth,

Have you been trying out your new Earth Racer shoes more? How are they?
Old 06-22-08, 01:12 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Mulberry, good timing--I actually wore them for the first time a couple of days ago when DH and I went through a neighborhood walk. It wasn't a long walk--maybe 30 minutes, and at a very casual pace--but I did find the shoes quite comfortable. They felt a little odd around the toe box, but I think that was more getting used to them than anything else. Overall, I'm definitely pleased with the purchase.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
earth shoes, easy spirit shoes