Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-22, 01:27 PM  
gigi

I could tell something was up from her live classes. I thought it was maybe an overuse injury after filming STS 2. Cathe is a gem and I remember when I first discovered her. I didn't know I could get such a good workout at home until I found Cathe.
Old 12-27-22, 02:05 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Deleted

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-22, 03:34 PM  
prettyinpink

I hope she recovers quickly.

I’ve wondered about the stress on streaming instructors like her who are basically a one-woman show. Then when the inevitable problems of life happen, people are disappointed without new content, and sometimes justifiably so, considering ongoing charges. If it is just one person with a small platform, maybe it’s unavoidable, but I wonder why someone like Cathe doesn’t have one of the instructors from her gym teach a class now and then. There are probably business considerations I don’t understand, but it just seems like a lot depends on only one person in these situations.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-22, 04:41 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I hope she recovers quickly---ouch on her description of her injury! I'm sure not going to speculate how long her healing will take as we all heal differently. I just hope she takes her time so she doesn't re-injure herself. I also noticed that she wasn't doing every single exercise in the recent Lives and IIRC she mentioned her shoulder at one point. She is incredibly strong and it's remarkable that she hasn't faced a lengthy injury in the past although she may have prior to the beginning of Live and didn't share it since she didn't have to!

Cathe is a brand, so I suspect that putting in substitute instructors may not have been something she has wanted to do, but my heavens she deserves a rest now and again that isn't injury related! I wonder if she also wouldn't want to subject a substitute to harsh and nasty comments like she has gotten over the years. I can only imagine what people would say if someone else was the lead for a Live workout! Pure speculation, of course. I would welcome someone who is already an instructor at her gym to give it a try, but I sure wouldn't want to do it---my skin isn't thin enough.

Yes, people pay for her streaming service but the cost is very reasonable IMHO compared to some of the other options out there, and she now has well over 400 Live releases to choose from so if she doesn't do new ones occasionally I'm okay with it. And yes, she can be brutal as a coach---it seems she makes the class do more reps when she isn't doing them!

bzar, it sometimes does seem that the freak things are the "straw that breaks the camel's back" in terms of injury! It sure was the case with your friend and Cathe!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-22, 06:30 PM  
rykram

Thank you for sharing this info with us. Cathe is definitely one of my favorites. I hope she has a speedy recovery and enjoys this off time. She definitely deserves it!!!
rykram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-22, 10:49 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I have a problem with my right shoulder that came from lifting too much weight on shoulder presses. I no longer lift very heavy on that exercise. Cathe OTOH lifts much heavier than I ever did when doing them, and it might have simply had a cumulative effect over time because she really goes for it. In any case, I'm speculating. Hopefully surgery will help her. There are so many good sports med docs now that can get you back in action quickly.

Tags
cathe, cathe injury, shoulder injury