Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-12, 05:06 PM  
LAC

Walking Shoe Recs

I'm in the market for one or two new pair of sneakers for fitness walking. When the weather is nice, I alternate between a gravel trail in the park near my office and sidewalks in town. My current sneakers are New Balance 768s, which are no longer made. I also have an old pair of New Balance 743s (also no longer made), but they rub on my heels and give me blisters. Anybody have a particular style or brand that they really like and highly recommend? My only caveat is that I need a wide width.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-12, 03:52 PM  
bfit

I don't have a particular type of shoe to recommend, but I recommend looking at FootSmart - they have a catalog and a website. They carry lots of good walking shoes; some of them are name brands like New Balance, etc., and others are more specialized "orthopedic" shoes for people with bunions, etc. Most of their shoes come in different widths, including wide. In fact, the only time I've sent shoes back to them is because my feet are narrow, and the shoes were too wide - so for you there might be a lot to choose from.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-12, 08:57 PM  
LAC

Thanks bfit! I placed an order with Footsmart for a pair of Easy Spirit casual sneakers and an order at Amazon for a pair of New Balance trail runners to use for walking. Hopefully they will fit and be comfortable.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
easy spirit shoes