Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-24, 10:57 AM  
jetlitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I had purchased the Firm Classics from TV (at least Volume 1 was on BetaMax) and was wondering if there were other workout tapes. I found VF by googling and the rest is history!

I bought a BetaMax VCR because I needed to tape All My Children. VHS was introduced in 1977. I don't know exactly when I found VF.
I still have my old Beta video exercise workouts somewhere in a box in the garage, mostly purchased from Collage Video. They're probably going to end up in some landfill.
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-24, 11:34 AM  
Sissy B

It was mentioned in one of the For Dummies fitness books I had checked out of the library.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-24, 12:01 PM  
laurajhawk

I had been doing weight workouts from books, and jogging or stationary bike for cardio, but when I discovered yoga I found it easier to follow with a video. I had the Yee/Walden beginner DVD from Sam’s Club, and the Rainbeau Mars Sacred series from the library (then bought from Amazon), and I’d read a zillion reviews of others on Amazon but wanted more. (At that time it was possible to believe Amazon didn’t have everything; also, Naked Yoga always came up first )

So I googled (or whatever search engine I used before Google), and there was VF!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-24, 12:33 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I was doing an online search for exercise DVDs and found VF that way. I'm happy that I found VF!

Sandra, I've heard you tell that story before but it's still hilarious! I'm actually glad that happened because I'm thankful that I have met you.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-24, 12:53 PM  
JustSandra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
I was doing an online search for exercise DVDs and found VF that way. I'm happy that I found VF!

Sandra, I've heard you tell that story before but it's still hilarious! I'm actually glad that happened because I'm thankful that I have met you.
Awwww!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-24, 11:23 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSandra View Post
I began working out at home in the late 90's after a bad experience at my gym. It was a small place where the owners provided personalized routines. I was given pull-ups on my routine, which I can't do, so I asked one of the managers for an alternative exercise and he proceeded to make fun of me! When I got home I realized I could set up some equipment, a TV and a VCR in my spare bedroom and exercise there. I went looking for reviews of workout VHS tapes and came across VF.

And, by the way, several months after I left that gym the guy who ridiculed me was arrested for selling steroids out of the gym. The TV news had a shot of him being led to a police car in handcuffs. I stood up in my living room and cheered!
Karma, baby!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-24, 01:03 PM  
MARIKA

I was doing Kathy Smith Videos. I did all the ESPN workouts too. Memories Then we got our first computer with dial up I searched for exercise videos and found VF. I was BLOWN away that there were others who loved home workouts!!
Old 01-11-24, 02:06 PM  
fanofladyvols

I wish I could remember exactly the dates but I found VF by looking for reviews after a friend gave me a Collage catalog. She had told me originally what to look for at Kmart and I exhausted what they offered and wanted more eventually.

I lurked without joining and remember the forum changed. I remember not being able to find it for a short time. I remember being happy when I found everyone again even though the forum was different. The more I lurked the more I wanted to be a part of the group conversation

I joined not long after I jumped on the Winsor Pilates bandwagon (hoping for the thigh gap Daisy Fuentes promised me). Once my life settled down a bit , I began to actually participate. And yes, more money spent than it I hadn't been on VF but really my collection still didn't start to grow very much until the last 7-8 years.

Off and on I'd been a member of different gyms so home fitness was in spurts. I'm so glad I had made wish lists over the years and can have the collection you all helped me build.

It's hard to believe that I've been a VF member for almost 20 years

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-24, 02:35 PM  
jusca

I really don't remember. I may have lurked a few months before signing up. I knew about Beachbody programs because I completed Insanity and knew about CLX in 2010. I was looking for something different and Collage's catalog breakdown of the workouts with the graphics really caught my eye and I got my first non-Beachbody dvd from them. I think I went looking for exercise forums for community support and found vf.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-24, 06:31 PM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
It was mentioned in one of the For Dummies fitness books I had checked out of the library.
Yes! This is also how I found VF!
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collage forum, fitness for dummies, how did you find vf, vf love, yayas