Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-24, 03:12 PM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealakey View Post
Hi everyone, I had another long work day yesterday and didn't get off work until late evening. However, I managed to get in the lower workout for BUG+.

I was going to post personals, but my phone just alerted me to Princess Kate's health diagnosis, and now I'm just very sad, such a sweet young family. I love to see photos of her and the children.
I am shocked and saddened by the news. I consider myself an anglophile and have always followed the royal family (actually many of the royal families). DH always says if we were English, I would definitely be pro-monarchy!

Thankfully she has good resources to rely on so I hope that she will be able to put this behind her.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-24, 11:58 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
I am shocked and saddened by the news. I consider myself an anglophile and have always followed the royal family (actually many of the royal families). DH always says if we were English, I would definitely be pro-monarchy!

Thankfully she has good resources to rely on so I hope that she will be able to put this behind her.
There's been so much in the news lately about her absence, and of course, also with that, conspiracy theories and memes, one of which I now feel guilty about chuckling over. After a very depressing and long week, I think I put in well over 60 hours this week, the video about her health popped into my news feed, ugh, and it was just very saddening to watch.

I can remember being an impressionable teen when Princess Diana married, and I was glued to the TV with my friends. I think a lot of young girls around the world were! We had just gotten a color TV lol, my mom held out for the longest time because I was only allowed to watch PBS or Masterpiece Theater, and she said it was perfectly fine in black and white. Also, we lived on a working farm and there was very little time for television. Watching a young girl who wasn't much older than me marry a prince was captivating, and like much of the world, we just continued to follow her life over the years and those of her children.

Unfortunately, the media probably won't be leaving Princess Kate alone as she works through her recovery.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-24, 05:42 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I was so sorry to hear Princess Catherine has cancer. I figured there was something serious going on with her long absence, more than recovering from surgery. It must be so hard going through that when you live in a fishbowl. She is such a classy individual and I hope she fully recovers.

Yesterdays activities:
~ETV: Ellyn’s Strength & Range of Motion
~Kassandra’s No Hands Morning Yoga - very nice, half on the mat & half standing
~Village & beach walk
~Ocean swim

Beth - I hope you get some R&R this weekend, you must be exhausted.

We are off to the fish market this morning, looking forward to fresh fish for dinner.
I’m behind on personals, waving to everyone!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-24, 05:58 AM  
amoodygirl

Beth - I think the media and paparazzi are horrible in the UK. All I can think about is Diana and things haven't changed much.

For people - medical professionals - to actively try to get her records is just horrible. Beneath everything, she's a young woman, wife and mom - leave her alone to be able to fight this with some grace and dignity. She owes the public nothing in this regard as far as I'm concerned.

Diane
Old 03-23-24, 07:43 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday morning from soggy CT. It’s a great morning to curl up with a book and blanket and pot of tea; unfortunately I have a ton of things to do. Yesterday:

~ Bellyfit Embodied Goddess Honour Your Roots
~ Sarah Beth Deep Stretch for Stress, Anxiety & Trauma
~ 6,940 steps

I haven’t used Embodied Goddess in a few years, it was such a fun workout. The Sarah Beth was a short back stretch, mostly figure 4 pose, but I saved it because of her lecture on letting go of grievances. In the long run, grudges only hurt the aggrieved person and not the guilty individual, but I seem to have a genetic code for nursing a grudge. We explored that in depth in my Reiki training but it needs constant work.

I am also saddened by Kate’s announcement, and a part of me is thinking “I hope the speculators and prodders are satisfied now.” She’s so young and fit. If only the media would let her rest and recover. We know that won’t happen, unfortunately.

Donna, enjoy your B3 trial. It sounds like you have a good plan in place.

Beth, good for you on sticking to your Joyce rotation even after a grueling day. I used to feel so badly for Lady Di back in the day, and thought Charles was cruel to her. Love your your mother only let you watch PBS - smart woman.

Pam, I’ll have to give that no hands Kassandra a whirl. You still have a week in heaven, don’t you?

Good morning to Margot, Diane and Summer Breeze. Have a good day ladies!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-24, 08:33 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

A foot of snow – I will just leave that here!

Yesterday I did 8 MIN AB WORKOUT | UPPER AB WORKOUT by Tiff & Dan then the Original Yoga Challenge Day 3 15 Min Yoga Workout For Posture Beginner

Today’s workout:
  • Jenny Ford Step – I did 33 minutes in keeping with trying to keep my cardio at 30 minutes.
  • Good N Strong Vol. 1
  • 105 KB Swings
  • Stretch

Pam: I’m sad about her as well and wish her a speedy recovery and long life. I hope the paparazzi leaves her alone.

Good workouts as always! How was the fish?

Pat: Soggy isn’t too bad! I’d take soggy over a foot of snow any day. I’m so, so tired of this crap!

Donna: Good workouts!
I never, ever shop at CVS unless I absolutely can’t find something anywhere else. I compare them to Starbucks. Starbucks came in and killed small coffee shops everywhere. CVS has done the same thing to small pharmacies.

Wow, I’d be so frightened to shoplift with all the cameras everywhere! I admit I did a little shoplifting as a kid – a piece of bubblegum from our local deli. My mom marched me back to the deli and had me admit it, give it back, apologize – I was crying my eyes out but the deli man was so kind yet firm. That’s scared me out of my life of crime! LOL!

Beth: I hope these long work days are few and far between. I’ve done marathon days at times, especially when I worked for the courts and waiting on verdicts (as an interpreter). I do not miss them at all!

Waves to Summer Breeze and Margot! See you all later!

Diane
Old 03-23-24, 08:35 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

51 minute outdoor walk

I'm on a good roll with the walks so I went for it even though I was tired and had a lot of running around to do. Today is a washout but maybe an indoor workout. Or I'll go with PAT's plan of curling up with a good book.

DIANE, oh no! 5 to 8 inches of snow! Say it isn't so! Good luck with all that. ETA - a foot!!

DONNA, I hope you enjoy the b3 trial. I used to like the first dvd set back in the day. I'm not an expert at all but I have enjoyed the Orgain Organic Protein 50 superfoods protein powder. I may go back to it when my collagen is finished.

BETH, nice job getting in a workout after such a long day. It is so sad and shocking about Princess Kate. So young.

PAM, enjoy the fresh fish dinner. Yum.

PAT, it did get a little colder again this week but it's been bearable here thankfully. I think *hope* it passes quickly.

Waves to MARGOT.

Have a great day!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-24, 09:28 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! I wish I could say I got enough sleep last night, but wouldn't you know it, the Vizslas alternated on who needed to go outside during the night. When we built this house, I told DH we must have a dog door. Sigh... he said it would affect the aesthetics of the pretty doors.

Anyway, this weekend I am embroidering cloth diapers into burp cloths for a cousin who just had a baby. Those are fun to make and super cute.

I'm planning to do the basic version of Definition today, that one is the most aerobic of all the Joyce workouts. I may follow the book layout or slow down the video. I finally have that figured out!

Diane, I'm sorry about the snow! It's also cold again here this morning and very dreary looking, kind of fits my mood right now.

Summer breeze, awesome about your walks. As soon as it gets to a comfortable temp, I'm getting back outside. There's just something about the warmth of the sun that makes me feel so much better.

Pat, sorry it's been soggy. The weather can't seem to make up its mind lately.

Pam, I love fish! Enjoy.

Donna, enjoy the b3 trial. My favorites are still the first set that Sadie and Candace released. If it weren't so expensive, I would take a peek to see what the newest offerings are.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-24, 12:14 PM  
donnamp

hi Everyone,

Today was:

Jessica Smith - Barre Sculpt (from Walk Strong 3.0)
Jessica Smith - 15 min stretch (from Walk Strong 3.0)

It is raining and dreary here today.

It is interesting comparing Jessica's earlier workout from today to her newer workouts. I find her newer workout to be slower paced and more focused on form and control. Today's Barre Sculpt felt a bit speedy to me after dong some of her newer workouts this week.

Diane - I'm sorry to hear about the snow.....

Summer Breeze and Pat - enjoy the "indoor" day

Beth - sorry your dogs kept you up! Your sewing project sound nice and therapeutic

Waves, Pam and Margot!

I was saddened to hear about Kate Middleton's diagnosis. I hope that whatever she had was caught early and she can put this behind her.

Hope everyone has a nice day - planning on reading and puttering.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-24, 12:19 PM  
Margot

Good afternoon everyone

I think we all were shocked and saddened to hear the news of Kate's diagnosis. It made me quite emotional. I have huge respect for her and William for the way they are bringing up their children to have as normal a life as possible. She is certainly having the best care available and hopefully she'll be back to full health very soon and can put all of this behind her.

Yesterday evening:
- Bellyfit Radiant Love Radical Body Love
- Ekhart Yoga Respiratory Health - Tapping, Flow and Breath. I just realised I completed my 40th day of my sadhana. Time flies!
- Day 8 Dragon meditation

Today so far:
- Somatic Sculpting Ultimate Beginners. We started with a few minutes of somatic movements, which really loosened up my trunk and I found I had much better spinal rotation in the seated leg and butt movements.
- 2 hour fascia webinar with Karin and Robert Schleip on Elastic Spring & Supple Dampening, including a 40 minute practice. It sounds as though hopping, jumping and rebounding are great ways to build up our collagenous tissues, allowing rest times in between, so I'm going to get back into doing a few minutes of these movements 3 times a week. Robert also talked about swinging with a temporary stretch and active stretching, which made me think of Essentrics. I guess kettlebells would work in the same way?

Beth - Sorry you had to put in so many hours at work this week. Your weekend project sounds like fun and relaxing and will be well appreciated, I'm sure. I've never heard of the Vizslas breed. They are beautiful dogs and I read that they are good natured too.

It was interesting to read how Princess Diana had such an impact on you as a teenager. It never occurred to me that anyone living outside of the UK would have that much of an interest.

Summer Breeze - There's nothing better than curling up with a good book and a hot chocolate when it's cold and windy.

Diane - A foot of snow! I bet you'll be packing for California soon!

Unfortunately, I don't think the paparazzi will ever mend their ways and there will always be people who'd sell their own grandmothers for a bit of money.

Pat - That Bellyfit Roots workout was always one of my favourites. I know, letting go of a grudge or forgiveness is easier said than done.

Pam I was going to ask you what the food was like and if you do a lot of cooking when you're away? I bet the locally caught fresh fish is going to be .

I expect there are lots of people who would love the lifestyle of rich and famous but I'd absolutely hate the loss of privacy and the constant speculation on what I'm doing and not doing. You're right, especially tough when you're struggling with a health problem.

Donna - Have fun with your Barre3 trial. It's always nice to have a change.

I don't know much about protein powders. I generally go for plant yoghurts and organic seeds, like hemp, flax, pumpkin etc and a small amount of nuts to boost up my protein. I'm not that good with dairy, so only have a small amount now and again.

Hope you all have some time for some R&R.