Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-11-22, 02:19 PM  
slockhart

Shell Shock Fitness

HI, has anyone tried out this streaming channel. It is with Shellie Blanks Cimarosti, Billy Blanks' daughter. It's $14.95/month. Any opinions?
Thanks
slockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-22, 04:36 PM  
bubbles76

I was really hoping this had to do with ninja turtles. Tiny Bubbles is still into them, and would probably appreciate working out with them.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-22, 11:01 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Yesterday, I did Get Fit with Shellie Blanks Cimarosti Ep. 1 | Beginner Cardio, HIIT and Strength Training Workout

It was OK... Pretty much Tae Bo moves. One thing I didn't like is that she went straight into stretches at the start without warming up first. I kept thinking, "What is this? The 80's?"

At my age, I need a proper warm-up. I did my own thing.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-22, 11:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Being a nag here. I am offended by the name and wish they had chosen some other bad ass moniker. My Dad suffered from shell shock post-WWII, now known as PTSD.

Sorry for going there. I'm sure they don't even know the meaning of the term.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-22, 12:30 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Being a nag here. I am offended by the name and wish they had chosen some other bad ass moniker. My Dad suffered from shell shock post-WWII, now known as PTSD.
Pat, I didn't even think about that. My Dad had it from WWII. It was also called "battle fatigue."

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-22, 01:24 PM  
Messe

Quote:

Agreed. Anyone who's lived with someone with shell shock/PTSD knows it's not a term to be used lightly. My Dad suffered for the rest of his life after his WWII experiences, to put it gently.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-22, 03:17 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:

Not a nag. You have a very valid point and product names do matter. And if they don't know the meaning of the term then whoever vetted the name sucks at his/her job. And if they DO know the meaning of the term and used it anyway then they STILL suck at the job.

Messe, Pat and VVFer, so sorry that all of your fathers suffered.

slockhart, I don't think anyone is intending on piling on you for mentioning the site, so I hope you don't take it that way.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-22, 03:38 PM  
slockhart

Just wanted to say that I have signed up for the streaming service and Shellie's classes are AWESOME! I've been doing Tae bo and now Shellie's online classes for the last month to six weeks, and my husband said to me the other day, "you're looking really good!" I know it is from this style of workout. I'm enjoying all the formats she has. She has Shock HIIT, which is like Tae Bo, then she has the Shock Box, which is using a punching bag, and then S3, the strength classes. I have tried them all and they are all fantastic!
Thanks,
Stacey
slockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-22, 03:55 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Hard Shell Fitness would be a better name.

(Hugs to those whose dads suffered.)

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-22, 06:23 PM  
bubbles76

Big Bubbles has PTSD as well, although my first thought did not go to that. First thought was turtles. I'm sure Shellie and her team didn't either. She is young, her PR team may be young, so the term they are used to is PTSD. Her name is Shellie, she wants to shock our bodies through fitness, hence shell shock. Probably the term sounded cool and the original meaning since forgotten. Kind of how Lizzo and Beyonce both innocently used the word spaz in their songs .
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shell shock fitness, shellie blanks