Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-22, 10:09 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Ellen's Gentle Barre - 30min. It was OK but too much mindfulness, and "heart oozing out" for me (Ellen said this during dancer's stretch). A bit slow for my liking but I did it instead of CS to loosen up my body and it did the trick.

21 Day Fix Total Body Fix - 30min. I'm back to 21DF set and plan to follow the calendar loosely for the the next week or so. I really enjoy the pace of the workouts and Autum is a great instructor. This workout ended with some good, straight-forward abs moves which I really needed.

Donna and Carol, sorry to hear that you're both dragging. I hope that you'll both get your mojo back soon. I'm slowly getting myself motivated again now that the various aches and pains I've been having are somewhat subsiding. I know that I'm really for fall and cooler weather. Summer is not my thing, that's for sure!

I hope you both have a good day today. Waves to all!
Old 07-25-22, 06:25 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Reporting back w/ an odd workout combo!

Ellen - Gentle Barre
Man Flow Yoga - Strength Foundations - Workout # 1

Talk about yin and yang!

The yoga was interesting - there were a lot of isometric holds and it was a lot more challenging to do than to just watch/preview. I'm going to work my way through these. I gained access to the 6 week challenge for $9, so it wasn't a big expense. My access ends after 7 weeks. I'll do as many as I can w/out putting too much pressure on myself. It is a balance - my workout time is my play time, too, so I don't always want to be "serious" about it, if you know what i mean.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Dana - I listened for the "heart oozing" part. I'm glad you are feeling better.

Today was just a Monday, everything felt hard!

Waves -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-22, 07:01 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Dana and Donna - LOL on the "heart oozing" bit from Ellen. I would have been yelling at the TV at that one.

There probably won't be much exercising this week for me. I had a ton of homework for my class last night and they are promising the same every night plus an overarching assignment that is due on Friday morning. I guess they weren't kidding about the "advanced" part of the course. Maybe I can squeeze in some short Jessica Valant routines and some walks on my breaks.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-22, 07:18 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I got up super early (for me) today - I don't know why - other than my dog did not wake me up last night - but I'm glad I did as I was able to get my workout done before my contractor arrived at 7:30.

I used to be able to get up between 4 and 5 a.m. to workout before work, back in the old days - but working from home and having a dog that wakes me at least once a night got me out of the habit. I now generally get up at 6:30 and do my workout around 7:30 - and w/ WFH I'm ready to work between 8:30/9:00 - which were my hours when commuting.

Anyway - I'm glad I got it done, I did:

Ellen - Super Duper Sculpt

Ellen is low dread for me, so she is probably going to be a regular during the next few weeks while my bathroom remodel is going on.

This evening I will try another yoga from Man Flow Yoga or do some light cardio.

Carol - wow, that does sound like an intense class!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 07-26-22, 07:12 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Donna - Nice job with your workouts! Glad your contractor is back at it and hopefully things will go smoothly.

Just another walk today - only 25 minutes this morning. I was running a little behind schedule. Hoping for something a little different in the morning. Off to work on my homework...

Carol
Old 07-27-22, 07:22 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

S14E15 Zero Impact Cardio - 25min. Nice, stretchy large range of motion movements. I really didn't feel like doing anything this morning, but have decided that if I at least don't stretch, I'll be stiff and cranky all day. I enjoyed this one, but it didn't motivate me to do anything else afterwards.

I have to run to the office this morning. I haven't been working all that much over the past several weeks so I do have some things to take care of today.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-27-22, 08:40 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

The contractor was here until late last night, so no evening workout for me. However, the weather was decent yesterday so I took my Golden for a short lunch time walk. I'm hoping to get back into that habit in the fall.

This morning I just did a short one:

Burpee Girl Short Workouts- Fat Burning Burn & Tone from 7/13/22

I like doing the BG short workouts - they go by fast, they are low impact, go at your own pace workouts. And they are barefoot, sometimes I can't be bothered with shoes!

I may get a stretch in later.

Dana - I'm the same way- I have to do something - otherwise I am stiff and cranky and tired. On Monday I didn't get to workout until later in the day and all day I was off.

Carol - it sounds like an intense class!

Donna
Old 07-27-22, 09:26 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

This morning's workouts were:

Walk - 25 minutes, no dogs;

Jessica Valant Pilates - Beginner Upper Body Weights #2 - 20 minutes
Jessica's upper body workout included basic exercises, performed at a very deliberate pace. My kind of weight workout. 2 groups of 3 or 4 exercises each, each group done times. One group was standing, the other was on the mat. No "creative" movements where you end up flaying around with weights in your hands, which is not my favorite kind of weight workout.

Donna - Why on earth does she call her channel Burpee Girl? I would never give a channel with that name a second look, much less a first one. Yes, it is a pretty intense course.

Dana - Hope you have a productive day!

Carol
Old 07-28-22, 10:17 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Did not get up early enough to get a workout in before the tile guy came...so hopefully this evening. I'm thinking something from Jessica Valent - straightforward weights or something.....

Carol - I know about Burpee Girl! I haven't seen one burpee in all the workouts I have tried. They are the non-talking variety for the most part - and pretty basic low impact stuff.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 07-28-22, 03:14 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - Non-Impact HIIT Fundamentals - 25 minutes

This was hard for me and I didn't even come close to doing all the reps. I'm having another one of those days where I'm feeling really tired. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I did manage to get out and walk 10 minutes during a break in my class.

Carol