Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-29-22, 01:15 PM  
TinaT

Starting Over

I get to start over...again... I'm not going to bore you with all the details of life, but let's just say illness has been a constant companion. I think my family and I are finally feeling normal and are back to doing normal life. But that means I get to start waaaayyy back in my fitness journey.

I've decided to start with Firms I haven't used or owned in years as my collection is so tough right now. I get modifying, but literally it would be everything. I'm talking about post Anna Firms. Which I don't own many. But I do remember the "6 Pack." All the familiar faces/instructors but not a full hour of exercise. I think they were considered maybe intermediate? Someone help me out.

I'm thinking I'd like to stay within the instructors that worked with Anna thru post Anna. Some of the gals that came later I'm just not familiar with. Sounds weird, but it's a "thing" with me. LOL

Maybe up through the TransFirmer era. What are some recommendations during that time period you would use to help kick start exercising again?

TIA ~
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 01:19 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Honestly, I would probably start with the Powerfits by Stephanie Huckabee and work up to the Firms.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 01:25 PM  
TinaT

Carol, I considered Power Fit. (still am). I'm on the fence, but not sure why.

ETA: I found Power Fit on eBay for $10 brand new. It's worth a go. I had it years ago when it first came out, but I struggled with band work at the time. I should try it again. I like Stephanie, so that a plus. LOL I'm sure I could modify some moves to holding 3 to 5 lb weights.
Old 05-29-22, 02:05 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

The firm 6-pack were add-ons to BSS1. numbers in parenthesis are minutes. S= Sculpt, C= Cardio. all use the short and/or tall box.

BSS1:
(45) Body Sculpt - Jen Carman "S"
(55) Cardio Sculpt - Allie Del Rio "C"
(25) Ab Sculpt - Lisa Kay "S"

6-pack:
(31) Body Sculpt Blaster - Nancy Tucker "S"
(30) Cardio Sculpt Blaster - Lisa Kay "C"
(30) Lower Body Sculpt I - Lisa Kay "S"
(32) Lower Body Sculpt II - Libby Heath "S"
*(42) Super Body Sculpt - Stephanie Huckabee "S"
(40) Super Cardio Sculpt - Nancy Tucker "C"

*if you buy the purple cover, it's chaptered into UB, LB and Abs. all other DVDs in this series are 1 continuous chaper, which is unfortunately poor planning.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 02:09 PM  
TinaT

bzar ~ Thanks for the break down. They're just short enough for me not to worry about chaptering. I'm so weak at times, I'm looking forward to Libby's work the most!! Sitting or on the floor! LOL.
Old 05-29-22, 02:18 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

It would have been nice if the Body sculpt with Jen and Cardio sculpt with Allie were chaptered being that they're longish. eventually all 3 were on 1 DVD and only chaptered as to each workout. however, each workout is 1 continuous chapter.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 02:44 PM  
TinaT

Quote:
It would have been nice if the Body sculpt with Jen and Cardio sculpt with Allie were chaptered being that they're longish. eventually all 3 were on 1 DVD and only chaptered as to each workout. however, each workout is 1 continuous chapter.
I totally agree with you. The practice of chaptering was not quite mainstream yet when Gaiam took over the FIRM. I'm so glad Anna got it right when she regained control of her work.

Most of what I'm looking for I could probably find at any of my local thrift stores.
Old 05-29-22, 04:15 PM  
TinaT

I still have my Firm Stick. Just might pull that out and dust it off.
Old 05-30-22, 08:48 AM  
TinaT

I might have gone overboard with some purchases yesterday. LOL But the prices were too good to say no to on eBay. All of them brand new/sealed.

PowerFit Harmony w/Book & bands
Firms 6-Pack
Firms complete set of TransFirmer workouts plus all the Jiggle Frees
Firm Calorie Killer II
Firm Upper Body Sculpt with Janet

I always considered these to be too easy and felt like they didn't have a place in my collection. I guess I was wrong. I'll start with PowerFit and work all these others in slowly. I'm not in a hurry to get back to the original Firms. I just want to get moving again.
Old 05-30-22, 11:50 AM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
I might have gone overboard with some purchases yesterday. LOL But the prices were too good to say no to on eBay. All of them brand new/sealed.

PowerFit Harmony w/Book & bands
Firms 6-Pack
Firms complete set of TransFirmer workouts plus all the Jiggle Frees
Firm Calorie Killer II
Firm Upper Body Sculpt with Janet

I always considered these to be too easy and felt like they didn't have a place in my collection. I guess I was wrong. I'll start with PowerFit and work all these others in slowly. I'm not in a hurry to get back to the original Firms. I just want to get moving again.
I always use my Firm Basics and Prime Powers (I still have my old vhs) for beginner workouts. I do have traders’ remorse because I ditched my Goodtimes Firms, the first two Body Sculpting Sets sans Anna Benson. I can still honestly say I wouldn’t enjoy them, but they’d be a good starter set if needed.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanny lifter, firm 6 pack, powerfit, powerfit harmony, restarting