Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-23, 01:30 PM  
alisoncooks

Finishing the year strong — what are your plans?

I recently took an unplanned, month-long break from exercise. And now I’m realizing that the holidays are fast approaching, which often blows my fitness plans to pieces. In an attempt to get back on track, here’s my plan for the rest of the year:

M - upper body
T - lower body
W - cardio, core, yoga
Th - upper
F - lower
S - Cardio, core, yoga

For upper body: I have 4 different Kaleigh Cohen upper body workouts to rotate through (all heavy weight), all about 40 minutes. Follow with upper body stretch (10 min)

Lower body: 30 minute heavy weights, 10-15 minute Pilates-style floor work (+10 min lower body stretch)

Cardio, core, yoga: 15 minute Leslie walk to warm up, 10-15 core workout, 20+ minute stretchy yoga

I am going to see if I find a band workout that I can use for when I’m traveling, so I don’t lose too many days. I usually just alternate strength (full body) with rowing or walking. This style is new for me.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-23, 02:01 PM  
prettyinpink

I’m going to shoot for 3 strength workouts per week as per my current rotation, but be happy as long as I get two shorter ones per week through this holiday season.

For the next month I also will continue with two 20 “HIIT” workouts per week, and then whatever walking I get in on top of that. Listening to Stacy Sims got me inspired to add in more plyo again, as I had gotten out of the habit.

Once we get to the last couple weeks of the year, I’ll get in whatever I can. The one good thing about the short, more intense workouts is they are easier to fit in.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-23, 02:21 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I’m currently doing Cathe’s November rotation (with adjustments), which will take me into December at my current rate and inserting other workouts in the middle of it. By then, since Hope Springs Eternal , I’m “hoping” for the new Cathe series to take me into the new year.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-23, 02:53 PM  
bubbles76

I'm going to rotate through some shorter new-to-me Men's Health workouts and cardio of choice.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-23, 03:54 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I’m away on vacation until early Dec, then I’m planning a loose rotation:
~3 X week strength
~2-4 X week Essentrics
~2-3 X week Pilates PT exercises
~At least 30 min of cardio most days, walking, low impact cardio, rebounder, step climber
~Daily yoga/stretching & PF prevention foot work

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-23, 04:29 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

November - Finish Up Caroline Girvan Iron 2 program (on her CGX app) and the iFit Bhutan Challenge & Turkey Trot Challenge.

December - Purchased the BODi December LIIFT More Super Block (30 minute workouts) and whatever the iFit Challenge is for the month. Caroline Girvan hinted at another Advent program on the app (may try to fit some of them in if they’re quick workouts).
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-23, 09:10 AM  
donnamp

I also love these threads!

I have no real plans to do anything special for the end of the year. I'll be sticking with some sort of random combo of Fusion, Pilates, Cardio and Strength. No formal rotation is grabbing me right now - so I'm sort of going week by week.

I will probably add in some Holiday themed workouts in December though for fun and to get in the mood.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-23, 09:18 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I'm doing a push, pull, legs rotation using Cathe's Fit Spit discs. I keep trying add in some cardio, but I haven't been sleeping well, so some days I just can't seem to exercise. I do try and get at least 3 workouts in each week.
Old 11-14-23, 09:22 AM  
buffmama

Working through different YouTubers with an upper body, lower body, total body, and cardio day all around 30 minutes. Loving the more functional workouts these days. Pilates is a constant and I've been working on pull ups, push ups and SL squats.
Old 11-14-23, 09:34 AM  
Lori_Michigan

I'm trying the 3-2-8 workout trend from the other thread! Getting in those 8,000 steps will be the challenging part of this for me since I'm chained to my desk all day. But where there's a will, there's a way!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote