Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-05-22, 05:50 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
This is Day 8, and I'm still tired, still have nasal congestion, and my head still doesn't feel right. It's hard to believe I'll ever be well. Has anyone else recovered from COVID recently (with Omicron)? How long did it take? When were you able to return to exercise?
I had it one week after Easter. I'm in my early forties and am not vaccinated against Covid. I was ill for ten days, tested positive on the fourth day and tested negative again on day 13. I went back to work two weeks after symptoms began and felt a bit wobbly for a day or two. I cycle 5 Km to work and back and that was the only exercise I did that first week.
I think I was back to normal, as in able to run around without getting winded, by day 21 after symptoms began. I did have a lingering cough, but that's normal for me. The only medication I took was ACC for a week when the cough was at its worst, which seemed to make coughing less of an effort and more productive.

Take it easy. Listen to your body and don't be in a hurry to get back to normal. My normal isn't what it was in my thirties, though. I walk, Cycle to work and shopping, do some Essentrics/CS and some low impact ballet (mostly Sleek Techinque). I'm not lifting heavy, running or doing heavy cardio.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-22, 07:08 AM  
Karla25

I had it with extremely mild symptoms. I took zinc, quercetin and D3 to build up my immune system and believe that’s what kept my symptoms so mild. The only exercising I did when I had it was stretching and light weight workouts. I didn’t want to do anything too strenuous.

Tags
coronavirus, covid, covid-19, working out after illness