Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-22-22, 07:10 PM  
Vantreesta

Nice job, everyone!

I added a book to the donate pile. I had wanted to read it for quite awhile and didn't even make it halfway. I just didn't like it at all. It's so rare for me to not finish a book (eventually).
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-22, 04:31 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventmom View Post
swapping winter for summer clothes, managed to put a few items into the thred up / or donate bag. DD is letting me donate some items from her closet!

izzy - it's 90 degrees here this week but was in the 60 around 10 days ago! I'm late swapping too.
Yes we had high temps too last week. The first week in May my furnace was on and the second week folks were turning on their AC’s. No way. Been buttoned up since October, I wanted fresh air. I finally did my swap out yesterday. It didn’t take as long since I have gotten rid of unused stuff constantly. But two bags ready to go to Goodwill.
Old 05-23-22, 02:05 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I bit the bullet and went through my lipstick hoard. I don't wear make-up in general - just sunscreen, powder and sometimes concealer. I love lipstick and had too many and mostly expired. (From before the pandemic.) I tossed all but 4 lipsticks.

Naturally, I went over to Rite Aid and bought two new of my favorites. They were on sale. Yay!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-22, 03:32 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm making progress today! Not necessarily on purging things but on tidying and throwing away and shredding. I actually threw away an old pair if running shoes that made my everything hurt when we walked this morning. Mostly the rest of what's been tossed is receipts but still, progress!

ETA: I did find 3 sweatshirts I can part with. One has sentimentality attached but it's a little small and the color looks horrible on me so I took a picture and then put it in the donate bag.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 05-30-22, 11:32 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Some of the neighbors have so much stuff crammed in to their garages, they are unable to park their car inside. I looked in to one the other day and it was so jam-packed with assorted things that it screamed "hoarder." Some are so bad they can hardly close the door.
Update. Those neighbors are moving! They had a truck there by the garage yesterday. I have to think there will be many trips to get that stuffed-to-the-brim garage emptied out. Heaven knows what they are going to do with it all. Maybe they found a house?

I'd ask, but they weren't the friendliest of neighbors...

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-22, 11:47 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

I've been decluttering my clothes. I have another 24 items in a box for thred up, items have gone to the thrift store, and I've got items on ebay (one listing actually sold this am). Once I fully retire (december) more will but for now I'm at the point of diminishing returns and I focus on other types of clutter for now. I've also been getting rid of paper associated with research projects (I'm an academic) and sometimes that's been more emotional than I expected.

thredup update - actually many things have sold from the last box (one box is sitting there waiting to be processed) and I've earned around $60 which is the most I've earned in a very long time.
eventmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-22, 11:58 AM  
Vantreesta

I dropped off a bag at the thrift store this weekend. I already have a pair of pants for the next bag.

Old 06-01-22, 03:53 PM  
Catahoula Cate

I've been doing a little more purging and tidying up than decluttering recently too, as we had a huge work day last Saturday with 30 people to feed here and so a lot of cleaning beforehand went into it. It sure did remind me that we have too much stuff in spite of my efforts but then I have to remind myself that we work at home so it's work stuff and personal stuff and not to get too hard on myself.

But, things are slowing down so I got another box out to start again for the Thrift shop. I've had 6 items sell on Thredup and 5 left to see what happens. Overall, I'd say my first Thred up experience has been a positive one!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 06:59 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

sent off the next thred up box. went through some files in my campus office, tossing quite a bit. And I've had two ebay sales!

Cate - I think that's good outcome with thred up -even if you don't make a big amount it's pretty easy money. If you haven't noticed you can go in and reduce prices on your items. I'll often do that about 14 days out and then the last week. I'd rather get something than nothing!
eventmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-22, 10:32 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Eventmom I agree, very easy and nice to get some cash for items that are in super shape. I still have a few items in the "could be returned" category but if nothing gets returned, it'll come out to around $20.00. I don't list on ebay anymore and never had much luck selling clothing locally so this is a nice option. I'm still learning some site navigation....I cannot find where they tell you when the listing expires. I found it once and can't find it again if you can direct me? After reading your post, decided to go back in and reduce the price of my item that is the highest price tag. I can lower it and still get a pretty good payout so would love to see it sell. Thank you!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
declutter, decluttering, downsizing, organizing, organizing the home, relocating