Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-27-21, 11:31 AM  
gigi

Heather Robertson Fierce

I just did day one of the Fierce workouts! I have not felt a burn (good burn) like that since I left the gym. I love how controlled the moves are. You need to know good form and not be a beginner as there is no talking or instruction, but that is also a nice change to not hear a lot of chit chat. I am looking forward to leg day tomorrow. I can commit to 14 days! I have trouble making long term commitments to a planned rotation but I also have difficulty without a rotation to follow. I think not having to listen to the instructor talk during the workout ad nauseam (ahem 645) will play a huge factor in me sticking this out. We shall see!
Old 12-27-21, 12:49 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

That’s a great program! I did many of them and enjoyed it.

I’m looking forward to her new program starting 1/3/22. I’m not sure I’ll have time to do all of it but I’m going to try to fit what I can in (with treadmill, Cathe Live, and Beachbody....I bought early access to Job 1, which I said I wouldn’t, lol!)
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-21, 08:10 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I did Caroline Girvan Epic 3 and Christmas Countdown. Enjoyed it. I might look into Heather. Looks like the same setup.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-21, 08:02 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
That’s a great program! I did many of them and enjoyed it.

I’m looking forward to her new program starting 1/3/22. I’m not sure I’ll have time to do all of it but I’m going to try to fit what I can in (with treadmill, Cathe Live, and Beachbody....I bought early access to Job 1, which I said I wouldn’t, lol!)
I look forward to seeing what her new program is like. I have Cathe and just signed up for Classical Stretch last week. I gave up Beachbody but have done the same as you, for early access!!!
Old 12-28-21, 08:05 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
I did Caroline Girvan Epic 3 and Christmas Countdown. Enjoyed it. I might look into Heather. Looks like the same setup.
I subscribed to Caroline Girvan but have never done her workouts. I'm hoping because Fierce is only 14 days, that I can stick with it. I'll need a planned program when I go back to teaching next week after a long break. Next week is going to be rough!
Old 12-28-21, 09:10 AM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
Did you find her Epic program balanced? When I look at the rotation, the weeks seem unbalanced but I haven't done the workouts so maybe the moves hit each body part.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-21, 06:19 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I’ve done all of the Epics including Heat. They are balanced when done as a complete rotation. I have built so much strength compared to anything I’ve ever done including any Cathe or anyone else. Lauren Brooks Be Slam 2 gave me good results for strength but Caroline’s Epics are way better. I haven’t done any of Heather’s except maybe a hiit one a year ago. I have issues with the people whose max weight is 15 lbs. That’s great for people who are challenged at that level, but I’m personally looking for more than that currently. I’m glad there is a variety out there for all levels.

Epic is not designed to just do one workout here and there. They work together. CG doesn’t do a lot of bicep specific exercises, but the biceps get worked holding the weights for other moves. My shoulders have completely changed shape. I do try to match CG’s weights though as close as I can within what is safe for where I’m at physically. I add other peoples’ cardio to Epic because there isn’t a lot of cardio in it. CG just announced starting January 3rd is the last Epic. Everyone is melting down wondering if she’s going to do something else just not called Epic. I was never a rotation person but now I feel lost when CG is on break.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-21, 06:55 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
I’ve done all of the Epics including Heat. They are balanced when done as a complete rotation. I have built so much strength compared to anything I’ve ever done including any Cathe or anyone else. Lauren Brooks Be Slam 2 gave me good results for strength but Caroline’s Epics are way better. I haven’t done any of Heather’s except maybe a hiit one a year ago. I have issues with the people whose max weight is 15 lbs. That’s great for people who are challenged at that level, but I’m personally looking for more than that currently. I’m glad there is a variety out there for all levels.

Epic is not designed to just do one workout here and there. They work together. CG doesn’t do a lot of bicep specific exercises, but the biceps get worked holding the weights for other moves. My shoulders have completely changed shape. I do try to match CG’s weights though as close as I can within what is safe for where I’m at physically. I add other peoples’ cardio to Epic because there isn’t a lot of cardio in it. CG just announced starting January 3rd is the last Epic. Everyone is melting down wondering if she’s going to do something else just not called Epic. I was never a rotation person but now I feel lost when CG is on break.
In Fierce, Heather Robinson uses more than 15lbs. in some exercises. I always use less or more, depending on what I can use. From what I've seen of Fierce, this would be an easy program to go as heavy as you like.

From the awesome reviews here, I'm going to check out CG again.

Edited to say after a closer look at CG Epic workouts....WOW! I will need to build up to those but HR and CG are the types of workouts I have been looking for! I am very thankful for the talent and options that are offered for FREE.
Old 12-28-21, 06:56 PM  
gigi

I did Fierce, Day 2, Lower Body. It was great! For future rotations, I will hopefully work up to 35's and 40's for some of the lower body routines.
Old 12-28-21, 08:47 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

How long are these on average? Less than an hour? I haven't done a Heather workout in a while (I was alternating her with growingannanas and got burned out on their music) but I did like the exercises and it would mix up my routine.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heather robertson