Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-21-11, 07:03 PM  
lorajc

Favorite Ballet Workouts?

I'd like to start incorporating more ballet workouts in my weeks. What does everyone like? It can be a fusion workout also, not just straight ballet.

I did Ballet for Bellydancers this morning and I liked it. I did it cuz I couldn't decide which one I wanted to do.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 07:10 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

Element Ballet is my hands down favorite followed by Bernadette's Attitude Ballet & Pilates Fusion. The ballet segments in Petra's Elegant Strength and Jennifer Galardi's Ballet Body are also quite nice.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 07:24 PM  
sunday

The ones I have been using for months now and getting superb results with have been all three Ballet Bootcamps. I love the whole vibe of the series. I combine different parts together all the time. I've gotten to where I'm using 2.5 pound ankle weights. It's the greatest toning I've ever done.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 07:26 PM  
ldy_solana

i like bernedette's the best, but i do have NYC Ballet but the chapters are little confusing and the workouts are long so i don't reach for them much at this time.

ETA have been eyeing those ballet bootcamps they look really awesome.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 07:39 PM  
D72

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
The ones I have been using for months now and getting superb results with have been all three Ballet Bootcamps. I love the whole vibe of the series. I combine different parts together all the time. I've gotten to where I'm using 2.5 pound ankle weights. It's the greatest toning I've ever done.
Great!
D72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 07:42 PM  
sunday

D- Yes, these are the Jessica Sherwood dvds. I am so tunnel-visioned when it comes to these, but I agree with you; the Trudie Styler Ballet workout is awesome and beautiful. It's real ballet as opposed to barre or toning.

I also enjoy Balletone Original; I like adding some BBC toning on to it to make it an hour.

sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 08:10 PM  
D72

Thanks much again Sunday!
D72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 08:15 PM  
suegy3

Ballet Body workouts are very good, tough and effective but they are downloads. Not sure if that's a deal breaker for you.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 08:21 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by D72 View Post
Thanks so much again Sunday! I've got good notes now for my wishlist!

Diana
One of the Ballet Bootcamp workouts is on youtube, so you could pretty much view/do the whole thing b/f you buy!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 09:30 PM  
lorajc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
will you kindly give some examples of how you use them? I noticed they are way too long for me to fit in my morning exercise routine before work.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet, ballet bootcamp, ballet workouts, bernadette giorgi