Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-09, 08:08 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Hardest barre workout?

I don't think that I've tried them all, but to me still some of the itrains are the toughest.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 09:17 PM  
MARIKA

ITA with the iballets. I have been going through my collection this past week & they stand the test of time. I'm looking for something new too. Cardio Barre or the Burr ones. I don't know how they compare. The original Pure Barre kept me happy for a long time but as of late I don't get the leg trembles like in the past. P57 doesn't do it for me either. A whole lot of stuff w/ nothing being really worked. I'm kind of over Squeeze for the time being. CF didn'timpress me either. PICKY! PICKY
Old 10-30-09, 02:24 AM  
tan3374

Yep, for me the ones that have stood the test of time are the IBallets and the original Pure Barre. I'm currently in love with P57 but I agree that it doesn't get the gluts in the same way as Grace Lazenby.
tan3374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-09, 06:22 AM  
Elle K

glad I'm not the only one who thinks Grace wins..
Elle K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-09, 06:35 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

For me:

Hardest glute work: Tie between iBallet (toughest back dancing, pretzel and side series) and Cardio Barre (toughest foldover work on all four and at the barre)

Hardest thigh work: P57 (although the original Pure Barre is a close second)

Hardest ab work: Tie between Core Fusion and Fluidity

This is why I need such a large collection of barre workouts... QED
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-09, 08:24 AM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan3374 View Post
Yep, for me the ones that have stood the test of time are the IBallets and the original Pure Barre. I'm currently in love with P57 but I agree that it doesn't get the gluts in the same way as Grace Lazenby.
I add on iballet floor work + stretch to the P57 workouts....OUCHH
Old 10-30-09, 08:41 AM  
ukjocilyn

Iballet

"For me:Hardest glute work: Tie between iBallet (toughest back dancing, pretzel and side series) and Cardio Barre (toughest foldover work on all four and at the barre)"

Fuzzie, can you give me the set numbers for the iBallet workouts you mentioned?
ukjocilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-09, 08:53 AM  
ssgilby

Not Fuzzie, but as far as an iBallet with a tough side series - the side series from iBallet Barre None makes me pray for death. Yes, I find it that hard!

BTW, I have yet to find barre work that really, really toasts my glutes. The closest I've come to having to stop during glute work is when I do the one Pure Barre Pershing Square. I can't remember if it's 1 or 2, but it's the section where you do standing glute work with the little ball behind your knee. I don't know if I have really strong glutes or if I have quads and hams that are over eager to step in and help out or what, but I find it hard to get a really good burn right in the glutes. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 10-30-09, 09:05 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgilby View Post
Not Fuzzie, but as far as an iBallet with a tough side series - the side series from iBallet Barre None makes me pray for death. Yes, I find it that hard!

BTW, I have yet to find barre work that really, really toasts my glutes. The closest I've come to having to stop during glute work is when I do the one Pure Barre Pershing Square. I can't remember if it's 1 or 2, but it's the section where you do standing glute work with the little ball behind your knee. I don't know if I have really strong glutes or if I have quads and hams that are over eager to step in and help out or what, but I find it hard to get a really good burn right in the glutes. Anyone have any suggestions?
Shelley--If you do find out which one has the killer bum workout, let us know. I'm always looking for heiney-helpers and I don't have either of them.
THanks!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-09, 09:11 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukjocilyn View Post
Fuzzie, can you give me the set numbers for the iBallet workouts you mentioned?

I have to agree with Shelley - iBallet 32 (Barre None) is the most intense outer thigh / side series workout. If you want to mix & match, this combo will make you cry for mercy (and it's a great complement to P57 Arm & Abs):

iBallet 10 (floor) - first 10 minutes only (stop before the back dancing)
iBallet 11 (floor)
iBallet 12 (floor)

This is a 30-minute workout that starts in a seated position with pretzel variations, then moves to a side series and finishes with back dancing (with a nice emphasis on the inner thighs).
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre