Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-05-22, 12:59 AM  
Erica H.

Gigi, Happy Birthday. It must have been bittersweet being the first one with your mom gone. I'm glad you had the support of your family and friends during this difficult time and even got to celebrate your birthday with your family early before some left. And I think it's smart that you've listened to your body and allowed it to rest as you grieve the loss of your mom - especially with school starting soon. Big hugs to you.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-22, 05:25 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
It makes my heart happy that more are checking in again! I have not had the mental strength to workout since my mom's passing on July 20th. Today was the first day I stayed home (on my birthday) to do some prep work before I go back to school on Monday. We celebrated my birthday early (last Saturday) while we still had family in town (my sister and her family that lives here, my brother from Alaska, and my aunt from Michigan). I'm so thankful for the time to spend with friends and family that are such a blessing and help to me and my family during this time.

Every day I say that I'm going to finish the last two weeks of Iron starting tomorrow so we'll see.

So happy to see the check-in thriving! Thanks Erica and Wendy!
Angela- Happy Birthday! We're some fierce Leo's in this check in! I'm happy to hear you were able to celebrate with family. I can't believe it is time for school to start already. I hope you have a great school year.

Today's workout: Healthy Fit with Ty- Killer Cardio Kickboxing. Only 30 minutes but it was truly a HIIT workout with burpees, split jump lunges and hitch kicks to name a few of the moves. I went for it and did the high impact moves and my ankle feels okay. I think I just need to throw out my old shoes and sandals that lack support as I notice I have ankle issues after wearing them. Hey, it's an excuse to buy new shoes, right?
Old 08-07-22, 05:27 PM  
wendug

No workout yesterday as I was dog-sitting. A friend of a friend was having a party and wanted someone to dog-sit her dog. Sure, no problem, however- she wanted me to dog sit her dog at my house away from the party. So I had a 3 year old un-neutered male chihuahua at my house who my dogs did not like. He peed and pooped all over my kitchen (thank goodness for tile floors!), and kept trying to find our cat who was hiding. I don't think I'll dog-sit at my house again.

Today's workout- I was feeling inspired after watching some of the crossfit games over the weekend and wanted to lift weights. I did CG- Epic Endgame Proper Leg Day - Day 1. It's definitely a great leg day workout and my legs will feel it tomorrow. I used mainly my 25s, but had to drop to 20s for the foot elevated static lunges. I only completed 85 of the 100 heel elevated bodyweight squats in the finisher (that's how many I completed in the time CG did 100). I had to add about 10 extra minutes of leg stretches as CG's was just not sufficient.
Old 08-07-22, 06:25 PM  
gigi

I finally did it. I had a good cry and then I worked out. I did Get Fit with Rick
Queen Walking Workout and Iron Series Day 21: Leg Workout with Step Ups. It's been about 4.5 weeks since I've worked out so I went super light on the weights. For the hell elevated squats I did close squats on the floor for 3 sets: 20's, 15's, 12's and 12's for the rest of the workout. It felt good to be back at it. Not sure this was the smartest night to begin working out again since I go back to school tomorrow. I miss my mom.
Old 08-07-22, 08:01 PM  
wendug

Quote:
I finally did it. I had a good cry and then I worked out. I did Get Fit with Rick
Queen Walking Workout and Iron Series Day 21: Leg Workout with Step Ups. It's been about 4.5 weeks since I've worked out so I went super light on the weights. For the hell elevated squats I did close squats on the floor for 3 sets: 20's, 15's, 12's and 12's for the rest of the workout. It felt good to be back at it. Not sure this was the smartest night to begin working out again since I go back to school tomorrow. I miss my mom.
A good cry and a work out might just be what you needed. It will probably help you sleep well tonight, too. Best of luck on your first day of school.
Old 08-07-22, 10:33 PM  
Malinda

Popping in to say I'm so sorry about your mom, Angela. You will never regret taking the time to care for her. Be kind to yourself.

Best of luck with your new school year!
Old 08-08-22, 01:26 AM  
Erica H.

Angela, good luck with going back to school today. Sometimes a good cry is exactly what is needed. And maybe the timing is perfect with both the cry and the workout to get some release before going back to school. You put so much emotional energy into your mom and now you need that again for school. I'll be thinking of you. Sending hugs.

Erica
Old 08-08-22, 04:40 PM  
gigi

Thank you Wendy, Malinda, and Erica. Today was tough and tiring and emotional. I just can't find the energy to workout tonight. I will finish Iron slowy but surely.
Old 08-08-22, 04:43 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Thank you Wendy, Malinda, and Erica. Today was tough and tiring and emotional. I just can't find the energy to workout tonight. I will finish Iron slowy but surely.
I'm sorry today was so tough but glad you are listening to your body and mind and taking care of yourself. Big hugs to you.

Erica
Old 08-08-22, 05:59 PM  
wendug

Angela- Grieving takes a lot out of you. You'll finish Iron at your own pace. Listen to your body.

Today's workout- Body Project- Low Impact workout. It's been a long time since I've done a Body Project workout and I've seen them mentioned a couple of times in GD lately so decided to do one of their workouts. I chose this one as it is 45 minutes (longer than most BP workouts). It is a nice low impact workout and Daniel makes me laugh.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts