Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-13-22, 05:59 AM  
ElisaB

Software to import DVD workouts to USB stick or laptop hard disk

Hello VF friends,

I had to buy a new laptop and it doesn’t have a CD/DVD Drive.

Do you have any recommendations for software I could use to put my DVD workouts on USB sticks?
My husband works from home three-four days a week so I can’t use the DVD player that’s hooked up to the TV most of the time

“You don't have to be perfect to be AMAZING
ElisaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-22, 08:22 AM  
BamaTanya

WinX DVD Ripper

I purchased the "platinum" version a while back, but it looks like there's a free version, too. I'm pretty frugal so there must have been a good reason to upgrade. Size limits, maybe? I think it was around $20 and has worked great.

It has been several years.

I have my favorite DVD backups and downloads on an external hard drive. I love not having to deal with the discs and cases every time I workout.
BamaTanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-22, 09:23 AM  
Floren

In the meantime, you have an option, if you want, to get an external dvd drive that plugs into a USB port on your laptop. This would let you still play your dvds if you wanted to. I think they start at under $20. I like to have options

something like this (randomly picked this one for the picture) https://www.amazon.com/Dell-DW316-US...cs%2C84&sr=1-4
Floren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-22, 09:45 AM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floren View Post
In the meantime, you have an option, if you want, to get an external dvd drive that plugs into a USB port on your laptop. This would let you still play your dvds if you wanted to. I think they start at under $20. I like to have options

something like this (randomly picked this one for the picture) https://www.amazon.com/Dell-DW316-US...cs%2C84&sr=1-4
I recently purchased one to have waiting in the wings when my DVD player dies.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-22, 12:08 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I use Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate to convert my dvds to mp4 digital video format.

Leslie
Old 06-13-22, 12:26 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

double post.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-22, 12:35 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisaB View Post
Hello VF friends,

I had to buy a new laptop and it doesn’t have a CD/DVD Drive.
you can buy a DVD drive that plugs in to your laptop USB port for around $25. We got one similar to the one below from Amazon. It plays and burns DVDs and CDs.

example:

https://www.amazon.com/Rodzon-Extern...5141057&sr=8-3

if you decide to extract your DVDs to your laptop, you'd need to decide where to store them since your storage capacity on your laptop might have a limit, unless you store them in the cloud. also, playing the files is another decision - what device is accessible to that file, and can you work out from a small screen? or perhaps you'd need to plug it into a TV that has a much bigger screen? can your device connect to the TV via a cable or blue tooth? lots of decisions if you go the extract route.

I tagged this thread with "ripping DVDs" and "tech" since these had the most threads tagged with this subject.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
copy dvds, dvd rip, dvd ripping, ripping dvds, tech