Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-07-22, 12:59 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I just did Jari's Ripped & Chiseled Upper Body workout this morning. I also have Jari's Slim & Lean and her Get Ripped, which I like but Get Ripped & Chiseled is still my favorite. I got rid of my other older Jari DVDs although I recently bought Jari's Get Ripped and Jacked, The Boomer Workout and I didn't like the upper body workout on that DVD so it was a disappointment.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 03:18 PM  
kat999

I still use her workouts and like them but I've been on a running kick lately and haven't done many DVDs at all. Everytime I do a Jari rotation I get great results; the main problem with hers is the length. Most of them are up to an hour long, and I rarely have time for that on a normal work day. I do like that they're mostly low- or no-impact and easy to modify up or down. For the ones with HIIT intervals, if I don't like the moves, I just swap in my own. I forget which video of hers it is, but in one of them a guy is just doing an exercise bike during all the cardio segments, making the point that you can substitute any cardio HIIT interval you want, pretty much. I love that, and I love her cheery disposition and the fact that her backgrounders are frequently older, which is super inspiring.
Old 06-07-22, 05:36 PM  
wendug

Well this thread makes me want to break out my Jari workouts! I have to say her favorites of mine are Get Ripped and Chiseled (this fries my upper body- in a good way!), and Get Ripped 1000. I do like when she combines weights and cardio. And as Kat999 mentioned, it is inspiring to see some older background exercisers in her workouts!
Old 06-07-22, 06:02 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
My problem is that I love far too many workouts and don't have enough time to do as many as I would like.
^ This !!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 06:21 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
I just did Jari's Ripped & Chiseled Upper Body workout this morning. I also have Jari's Slim & Lean and her Get Ripped, which I like but Get Ripped & Chiseled is still my favorite. I got rid of my other older Jari DVDs although I recently bought Jari's Get Ripped and Jacked, The Boomer Workout and I didn't like the upper body workout on that DVD so it was a disappointment.
What didn’t you like about Ripped & Jacked? I keep talking myself out of buying that one…but it still tempts me.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 06:51 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
What didn’t you like about Ripped & Jacked? I keep talking myself out of buying that one…but it still tempts me.
Alison, I've only done the upper body workout in Jari's Ripped & Jacked once. I still haven't tried the lower body workout or the abs segment. I was surprised that Jari doesn't lead the workout in Ripped & Jacked! Jari only does the exact same 5 minute warm-up before each and every body-part exercise. I don't need the same warm-up before I exercise every body part. The upper body workout was 45 minutes and I'd rather not workout that long for upper body only. I didn't mind the man that led the workout and I liked that the exercises were done slowly but I don't know why Jari would call that her workout when she didn't lead any part of the workout other than the warm-up. Someone later told me that if I do the workout all the way through, then I won't get the same warm-up before each exercise (which I didn't know when I did it). I thought the upper body exercises were just OK but I didn't like the back exercises because I don't like working my back standing leaning forward. I might feel differently about the upper body workout if I do it again but those were my initial thoughts about it.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 07:22 PM  
alisoncooks

Thanks Paine. It’s such a long workout — I doubt I’d ever use it straight through. Also, I don’t do leaning-forward upper body moves (back, kickbacks, nothing!). My back is too problematic for that…Jari does like her deadlifts/bent over row combos, though!
Old 06-07-22, 09:22 PM  
schoolgirl-01

i don't any longer because doing lots and lots of reps gives me inflammation now that i'm getting older.

my body prefers slow and heavy now
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 10:52 AM  
alisoncooks

I was in great shape when I was using a lot of Jari’s dvds. This thread makes me wanna give a Jari rotation a try! I can’t seem to stick with much of anything lately (other than rowing 4x/week) plus I have a wonky knee after taking a tumble in the driveway a few weeks ago….but I think I might give it a try! “June with Jari” — everything is better with a catchy name.
Old 06-08-22, 12:10 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I was in great shape when I was using a lot of Jari’s dvds. This thread makes me wanna give a Jari rotation a try! I can’t seem to stick with much of anything lately (other than rowing 4x/week) plus I have a wonky knee after taking a tumble in the driveway a few weeks ago….but I think I might give it a try! “June with Jari” — everything is better with a catchy name.
This thread made me take a look at my Jari's and I've also decided to do a little Jari along with hitting the Peloton. I think the 2 will go great together.

Tags
jari love, jari love favorites, jari love success