Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-29-22, 11:29 AM  
hotncmom

I'm a long-term member, but just an occasional lurker now. I do mainly streaming workouts, but very few members here are interested. I posted a thread a couple of years ago about all of the streaming sites I had found, but it didn't get much traction. None of the instructors I use have DVD's. I generally use Facebook groups now for exercise chit-chat.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 11:39 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I'm a long-term member, but just an occasional lurker now. I do mainly streaming workouts, but very few members here are interested. I posted a thread a couple of years ago about all of the streaming sites I had found, but it didn't get much traction. None of the instructors I use have DVD's. I generally use Facebook groups now for exercise chit-chat.
That's interesting. I thought that we had a mix of folks that do it all: DVDs, streaming, live classes, etc.

Streaming workouts really have taken off during the pandemic. I found some new favorites in that time. Team Body Project/Daniel anyone?

I quit FaceBook months ago and never looked back.

Could you share some of your favorites again? Are they free or paid sites?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 11:55 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Yes, please come back and re-post. Many here do a combination of streaming/DVDs including myself.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 12:04 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
That's interesting. I thought that we had a mix of folks that do it all: DVDs, streaming, live classes, etc.

Streaming workouts really have taken off during the pandemic. I found some new favorites in that time. Team Body Project/Daniel anyone?

I quit FaceBook months ago and never looked back.

Could you share some of your favorites again? Are they free or paid sites?
Here's the thread I started: http://videofitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226668

The list is outdated now. I'm not doing anything on that list. A lot of new stuff launched in 2020 because instructors had to adapt for Covid.

They are all paid sites. Most offer free trials. Instructors make a living doing this, I don't mind paying a subscription fee because they add fresh new content weekly. I generally only keep 1-2 active at a time, and just alternate between them. I spend much less money than I did back in the early to mid- 2010's when I bought DVD's constantly. Now they are just boxed up, most of them used once. I really enjoy having new workouts every week from favorite instructors.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 12:10 PM  
TinaT

I've been in lurk mode. Workouts have been hard and minimal since the first of the year. If I'm not sick, I'm caring for someone who is. It's never ending. I'm sure many folks share my same story in their lives. Not complaining, just stating the reality of life right now.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 05:17 PM  
LAC

I guess I've become more of a lurker than a poster. I skim through the site every day, but I hardly ever log in and comment anymore. In addition to being a lurker, I've also become a slacker. My motivation has been missing for awhile now and my workouts are few and far between.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 08:33 PM  
rhbrand

I've got to admit, I go through periods of being a lurker and not posting much.
Usually when I'm either not working out much, or I'm doing something not video/streaming based, like when I was into Crossfit.
Old 05-30-22, 02:23 AM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
I guess I've become more of a lurker than a poster. I skim through the site every day, but I hardly ever log in and comment anymore. In addition to being a lurker, I've also become a slacker. My motivation has been missing for awhile now and my workouts are few and far between.
If you visit every day, that says (to me, anyway) that you're still interested. Have you tried revisiting things that you used to really enjoy?
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-22, 11:04 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
If you visit every day, that says (to me, anyway) that you're still interested. Have you tried revisiting things that you used to really enjoy?
I was thinking the same thing.

LAC - Slumps come for so many reasons. Health issues, emotional issues, family issues...

The best slump-busters for me are really simple workouts that don't take any brainpower. (Leslie anyone?) My current favorite for indoor cardio, etc., is Body Project. Decent music, simple moves, and can be made easier or harder as you choose. Daniel is down to earth, cues well and is very motivating.

This is my all-time favorite TBP workout:

Low impact, high intensity intermediate home cardio workout

Someone had mentioned starting a "Re-Starters" check in, but I don't think that happened.

Keep visiting VF and maybe something will catch your eye.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-22, 11:51 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Daniel is down to earth, cues well and is very motivating.
Alta, based on your prior posts, I would guess that those aren't the only things you like about Daniel.

Thanks for the rec; I added to my Watch Later list.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lurkdom, lurkers, lurkers welcome, new members, vf site issues