Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-08-22, 09:49 AM  
Leonana

Hi, everyone. No workout to report, ha ha. But I'm glad I can still touch base with all of you.

I went in yesterday afternoon for my root canal. I had two crowns on the bottom left molars that became painful. First root canal was a week ago, second today. I've been calling these crowns 3 and 4. Both were very painful after the root canal. The steroids calmed down crown 3, fortunately. That's when I could feel crown 4. Crown 4 is also painful today, and I think I'll take the rest of the steroids and see if that helps this one too. It seems I have a lot of pain after root canals with these teeth. Maybe because they were crowns, I'm not sure.

On the lower right molars, crowns 1 and 2 were bothering me. When I explained it, the endo thinks it's caused by my bite being off. I've had three adjustments of crown 1, and it never seems to take away the soreness. Crown 1 is getting more painful, and it's been two months, so he thinks I'll probably need a root canal there. However, on a positive note, crown 2 seems to be feeling okay. I hadn't had any issues with it until this weekend, and endo thinks that's because my mouth is so irritated.

I was feeling a lot of anxiety and stress. I think the steroids make my anxiety worse, it is a possible side effect. Fortunately, I'm feeling better today, so hopefully the steroids won't bother me too much. Crown 3 did feel better with the steroids after one day, so crossing my fingers. The endo thought my bite was off with crown 3 also.

I don't know, I think the last two dentists didn't do my crowns well. The second dentist, who is much cheaper, did Crown 2 okay, but Crown 3 was too high. I did tell my endo about the R Dental who did crown 1. He said they were terrible and he's had lots of patients come to him because of them. Add me to the list! I said, I thought they were cheaper, but I don't think they are. I went to them because they were in my dental discount plan. And he agreed, and said R Dental is really more expensive. And the dental plans don't save you money. The dentists raise their prices, then tell you that you have a 20% discount. Live and learn!

Pam, your workouts sound wonderful. I think iFIT is a good fit for you, ha ha.

Donna, it does sound like you are working too much. Maybe your body is telling you to slow down. I feel for you on the anxiety and insomnia. My anxiety has been spiking with my teeth. I think that's worse than the pain! That's great the meeting was canceled.
Old 03-08-22, 07:48 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I went back to the office yesterday and it was not a good experience. We were told they'd be constantly cleaning, but it was clear the place hadn't been cleaned in a very long time. The hand sanitizer dispensers weren't working and it all just felt very unclean. Only about half the people showed up. That was a good thing, but hardly anyone was wearing a mask. I only saw 4 other people other than me who were wearing them. I was supposed to go back today, but I told my boss the situation there is unsafe and I'm not comfortable, so she told me to stay home the next couple of days and we'll discuss it again tomorrow. No idea why she wants me there when I waste my time driving there, I talk to no one, and then I go home. What a waste of time and money, with gas prices as high as they are.

Meanwhile, I have an interview next Tuesday at a company that's fully remote, so I'll see how that goes.

Donna, Lucky you. At least you didn't have to go in. Your workplace is doing the right thing. Glad you're feeling better.

Sherry, Sorry to hear you're still having so much trouble with your teeth! It sounds like you found a good endo so hopefully things will settle down soon.

Pam, Wow, you certainly are hiking all over the world! That sounds like so much fun.

Waves to Liz!
Old 03-08-22, 11:59 PM  
lizh

Hi all,
I've been MIA and not getting any workouts in. I've spent all my time reorganizing me workout space, I need to finish so I can spend the time actually doing the workouts. What prompted all this is that we got a new TV so I can use the old TV for workouts. Previously I had an old CRT TV (weighed a TON!) and my ipad, so this is a big improvement. I'm still figuring out how to hook it all up. I had Apple TV working but then I shut the TV off and I can't get it back! Oh well, this weekend, I'll dig in and figure it out. My other addition to my workout room is to add a mini trampoline. Ours has been shoved in a corner downstairs for a few years, so I'm going to use that. I feel like I need something so that I am not sitting so much all the time.

Anyway, work is insane since my boss just started a 90 day leave of absense, so I'm doing his job plus my job. Ridiculous!

It was interesting to hear about your office experience wishiwasinhawaii and good for you for standing up for yourself to your boss. Most people in my office wear masks, but then this morning we had a "breakfast meeting" so everyone was eating without masks of course! Makes no sense. Good luck with the remote job! The clothing, the commute, the risks - I hate it all!

Sherry, so sorry to hear everything about your teeth! It sounds so dreadful and painful. I hope the ordeal is over soon.

Donna, I hope your dog is feeling better. My golden lived to 13 and it was tough at the end and knowing when was the right time. I hope you are feeling better, too and that your allergies calm down soon.

Pam, your iFit workouts seem so interesting! I never knew anything like that existed with workouts and all the education and history along with it. Makes me want to get a treadmill!

More later,
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-22, 10:32 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Good news...my WFH request was granted so I only have to go in once a week starting now. Thank goodness! I still don't think I need to be there at all, but I'm happy with one day.

I've been doing random workouts because I didn't know what my work schedule was going to be and didn't want to commit to anything, but now that I know, I think I'll keep doing what I'm doing until Jessica's new set comes out.

Liz, Good to hear from you! Now that my request was granted, I'm inclined to stay at this job, but I'll interview with the other place just for the heck of it. Might as well. It's good at least people where you work are wearing masks, even if they take them off to eat. Better than what I saw in my office. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone!

I have to go to an appointment so I'll check back later.
Old 03-09-22, 12:00 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see...yesterday I skipped the outdoor walk b/c of the wind and allergies but I did an old Leslie - One Mile Muscle walk or something like that - it was from 2001! So hard to believe that was over 20 years ago now.

I didn't get any stretching in yesterday as I worked late, story of my life, it seems.

Today, so far, has been:

Lively Ladies - Full Body Cardio Exercises (from 3/7/22) and her cool down (relaxing cool down stretches to do after your workout)

I plan to get some Essentrics in later. It is rainy, so no outdoor walk

Sherry - wow. I sure hope it is over for you now. FWIW, I recall when I had root canals (I think I have had two now) they were painful for a day or two afterwards - I think it is just the inflammation. I also found that for me, anyway, lower teeth always bother me more than upper teeth. I remember asking my dentist about it and I think it has something to do with the nerves in your lower jaw - i can't recall the explanation exactly. But I do remember always needing more novacaine for work on the lower teeth than the upper teeth. Anyway I just hope it is over for you!

wishiwasinhawaii - ugh, the office situation stounds terrible. I'm glad your boss agreed to let you work at home most of the time. I agree it is ridiculous to go in if all you are going to do is sit in your office or cube and do the work you would have done at home. My boss doesn't seem to have a huge desire to go in - so unless she gets push back from her boss, I don't think we'll be going in more often than 2X a month - which is WAY more than I need, but better than more often!

Liz, LOL, I know - in December at the height of omicron we had a meeting and then a holiday lunch - no masks. Wore the masks for the meeting, but then took them off to eat?! It really makes no sense. My Lab is definitely getting up there - she is around 13-14, I suspect. She is doing a bit better the last few days I have been mixing rice in with her food and that seems to be helping her digestion. She is on a renal diet b/c of her kidneys and I think the food was upsetting her stomach. My Golden will be 10 in June, so hard to believe....

Waves, Pam!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

p.s. Very excited about the new releases from Jessica - I think I do want to do another rotation, I enjoyed having the calendar from Four Weeks of Fusion to follow. But for now I think I'll either do some Leslie and/or Lively Ladies/Ellen. Hopefully Jessica's stuff will be out soon.
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-22, 04:29 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did a gentle walk on TM, before my scheduled mammogram. The workout was fun, even if the breast smashing was not.

Today I followed up with Paralympian skier Dan Cnossan who was deployed to Afghanistan shortly after 9/11 and lost his legs due to landmine he stepped on while climbing up mountain in darkness. He was a Navy Seal then. His workout was very motivational and inspiring and he spoke about about his training in MD and the difficulties he endured through much of it. I'm using hand weights to mimic some of the cross country skiing, since I have no elliptical.

wishiwasinhawaii, glad it's only one day in the office for you now. Don't they realize it's not worth the cost of electricity, heat and rent to continue to make just a few people come into an office when they could WFH?

Liz, sorry about your sudden work load.

Sherry, my DH suffered for years with a botched root canal....until just last year when my RI dentist fixed it.

Donna, also glad to hear about Jessica's new workouts coming soon! I printed the calendar, so I can plan for it!

Later, everyone!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-22, 08:31 PM  
Leonana

Well, good news on the teeth front. Hopefully! The endo doesn't think I need any more root canals. He thinks that my mouth is irritated from grinding and all the work done on it. He thinks my bite is off on both sides, and I need it adjusted. I should do massages and heat on the sides of my face. I have an appointment with a dentist tomorrow for a mouth guard. The endo recommended him, he's supposed to be good.

I went in today because I thought Crown 1 needed a root canal, and also a new crown on the top left, Crown No. 5 we'll call it. I was grinding my teeth last night, and it was painful when I woke up this morning. But he said to wait a week and see how it feels. I have to admit, I think he's right about Crown No. 5, it started feeling better today. Crossing my fingers I don't need any more work.

He did say Crown 3 did need a root canal, he's not sure about Crown 4 next to it. I think he thought that was irritated also. I have to say though, it was horribly painful, so I'm not sure.

Now that I remember it, Crown 3 became very painful after teeth grinding. I went in to the Crown Center, and the dentist could find nothing wrong with it. But it was painful, so I asked for a new crown, I was sure it was cracked. After the permanent crown was on, it became really irritated, and it did need a root canal at that point. But now I wonder if I had waited for the pain from grinding to subside, and not gotten a crown, if I could have avoided both root canals. I've been in so much pain the past two weeks, and it's kind of terrible to realize it might be my own fault! I'm my own worse enemy I guess! But I didn't know, I didn't realize tooth grinding could cause that much pain. Live and learn! I also think my anxiety made everything worse.

Anyway, I feel relieved. I felt like my mouth was full of grenades or something, that grinding would make my whole mouth fall apart. It does crack teeth over time, but I guess it doesn't do as much damage as I thought. I do kind of blame the first dentist, he had the bite wrong on Crown 1, so I was chewing and grinding on the other side a lot. It would have saved me some pain, and money.

Anyway, thanks for being there for me guys. I feel like I have my life back finally. It's been a long three months. I did lose quite a bit of weight, I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 16 pounds. Although, I wonder if some of it is muscle weight.

wishiwasinhawaii, so glad you only go in once a month, that's great!

Liz, your new workout space sounds nice. I hope work isn't too bad while your boss is out. They should give you a raise!

Donna, I'm also excited about Jessica's new release. I hope I can finally work out now! I'm glad your Golden is doing better.

Pam, so sorry to hear about your dh's botched root canal. That must have been painful. Your workout does sound very motivational and inspiring.
Old 03-10-22, 08:27 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I'm excited Jessica's new set will be out soon! I'm not sure if I'll get DVDs or do the digital option. I never thought I'd like digital, but it is nice not having to fumble around with DVDs and I have gotten used to digital now. We'll see. It's also nice Jessica says we can incorporate Lift & Shift into the new set.

I started physical therapy yesterday and the PT said she thinks my knee problem is caused by something I had never heard of: pes anserine! It's basically bursitis or maybe tendonitis. So she gave me some stretches to do so I can only do those, ride my stationary bike, and go for walks. No other lower body exercises are allowed for now.

Donna, Yeah, going back to the office once a week is a waste of time and money, especially with what gas prices are like now. I have about a 30-40 minute commute one way, so it's not horrible, but it is unnecessary. My boss is a micromanager and I'm surprised she even agreed to one day a week in the office, so I'm not going to push it.

Pam, I agree with you, but companies usually lease office buildings for years so I'm assuming that's why they want people in the office.

Liz, My boss is a micromanager so if I don't stand up to her, I'd be going to the office 5 days a week! It's a delicate balance of knowing when to speak up and when not to.

Sherry, It sounds like you are finally getting some answers and some relief! Yay!!
Old 03-10-22, 09:12 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I added on a Live Essentrics class - it was from March 5th and led by Sahra, Miranda's daughter. It was an all standing routine. During the class she mentioned the March Madness Challenge coming up which sounds like it is going to be 4 1 hour Live workouts a week for 3 weeks. I think I may do the challenge. I'll have to do the Live Workouts the day after they are released since I can't usually do them at the time they are "Live" - and on the other days I'll add in a different type of workout. I also want to get back to outdoor walks - taking allergy meds will hopefully help with that.

Today's workout was:

Ellen - Pilates Strong - this was her new workout for Feb and is a weighted Pilates fusion with standing and floor work. I enjoyed it. Although I did find the music to be an odd choice.....but whatever, it was still a good workout.

I hope to walk and do some more Essentrics later today.

Sherry - I'm so glad you see a light at the end of the tunnel. About 3 years ago I thought something was really wrong w/ one of my teeth - and it was a tooth that had a root canal - turns out it was probably sinus issues from allergies. The pain went away and never came back. Go figure. Hopefully it is all behind you now!!

wishiwasinhawaii - I have heard that one of the reasons they want us to go back is to support local businesses - I think many have suffered due to the lack of lunch crowd. I don't think my boss is going to make us go in unless she is told we have to - so I just hope that we can keep going as we have been - 2X a month is more than enough for me, TBH!

Pam - glad the mammogram is done.

Waves, Liz!

Donna
Old 03-11-22, 09:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon I did get out for a short workout and then I did CS 1411, I think.

Today, so far has been

Lively Ladies - Full Body Strength (from 3/9/22)
Lively Ladies - 10 Min Daily Stretch and Cool down

I hope to walk and/or do another CS/Essentrics or something!

Our weather is supposed to get cold and snowy tomorrow - I don't think it will be too bad, though. And then we'll get some warmer weather coming in.

Hope everyone has a good Friday!

Donna

Tags
tablet