Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-22, 02:41 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I liked the 30-minute workout I did from her yesterday; there was much more of an upper body focus than she usually includes in her full-body routines (although the lower body was still tough!):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb28oCjxTuQ&t=9s

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-22, 05:11 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I liked the 30-minute workout I did from her yesterday; there was much more of an upper body focus than she usually includes in her full-body routines (although the lower body was still tough!):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb28oCjxTuQ&t=9s
Did you add in her warm up? I guess that would make it closer to 40 minutes, which I don't mind, but it does extend the time.
Old 02-19-22, 05:50 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Did you add in her warm up? I guess that would make it closer to 40 minutes, which I don't mind, but it does extend the time.
Sherry, no, I've been doing Pilates as a warm-up. That way I feel like I get a little something extra in.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 02-20-22, 11:02 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Sherry, no, I've been doing Pilates as a warm-up. That way I feel like I get a little something extra in.
Good idea!
Old 02-20-22, 06:11 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I tried my first one yesterday, workout one of the 40-4-40 program. I did it at the gym which was a first - her style is conducive to finding a corner of your own, gathering some weights and watching her on the phone.

I began getting aggravated with the 45 second rest periods though. I like the exercises, so I just started doing my sets and reps in my own time then nudging it forward according to what felt right to me.

Like her!!!!

PS - Sherry, if you're reading - my gym has some light KBs so I did the first couple exercises with one. I honestly felt no great benefit over KB versus DB. They were very basic lifting moves, nothing from "the kettlebell playbook."
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-22, 06:36 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I think this series is geared more toward those who aren't advanced. I did finish the 40-4-40 series, but I added an additional leg move at the end of each workout as she focuses more on arms than legs. I've started her PPL program and I'm scheduled to do the first leg workout tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. She does hit the biceps and triceps a lot, but after the 40-4-40 rotation my arms are looking great!
Great looking arms sounds appealing I must say. Maybe I will keep with 40-4-40 and just add some more leg work at the end or sub leg work for the biceps/triceps one time per week. The body weight program I am doing is very upper body intensive so I need some more lower body attention when I lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I began getting aggravated with the 45 second rest periods though. I like the exercises, so I just started doing my sets and reps in my own time then nudging it forward according to what felt right to me.
Pat, the rests drive me crazy too. However I do them so I can lift more weight and recover. I was doing some Pilates moves during the breaks just to keep moving while resting the muscles being worked. I wanted to add some lower body moves with a band during those rests but the set up takes too long.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-22, 02:33 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Pat, the rests drive me crazy too. However I do them so I can lift more weight and recover. I was doing some Pilates moves during the breaks just to keep moving while resting the muscles being worked. I wanted to add some lower body moves with a band during those rests but the set up takes too long.
I did the 40-4-40 second workout and challenged myself to lift a little heavier and go slow and controlled like her. I ended up really needing the breaks! I'd march in place or stretch after recovering. It was a fantastic workout and my legs were toast the next day.

I felt a real connection and flow. I think Cee and I are going to have a long-term relationship.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-22, 02:45 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

This is the longest I've been able to stick with an instructor in quite a while. I started the Muscle Burns Fat rotation. The length is perfect, and I'm not too tired afterward. That doesn't mean it's not effective though! I did the legs workout yesterday, and I surprisingly have DOMs today.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-22, 04:14 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I did another routine with her today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IPX...el=LiftwithCee

Sometimes I fast-forward through the breaks a bit, but I do need them if I'm trying to lift close to her level (which I can't always do). This one went faster than I had expected; I was surprised when she said "there's no more to go."

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-05-22, 12:34 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Today I did one from her Full Body Series -Advanced playlist. These are circuits about 8 exercises back to back 3 times through. I did one of the "Legs and Abs emphasis" workouts (36 min) and liked it. I learned variations of some exercises that were new to me and it was good to mix it up. I think I am going to try the glute and abs emphasis workout next. They are all less than 40 minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...La6pPNMYPeXYWU
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheryl coulombe, eccentric weight training, lift with cee, move with cee, over 40, over 50, youtube, youtube strength