Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-22, 08:33 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBliff View Post
Hi all. My workout yesterday was an hour-long walk with DH and 35 minutes of yoga.

Gibbee - Great to see your post. I'm glad you are seeing someone and he's nice and kind. You deserve some happiness.

Karjoy - Congratulations on the 20 miler.

Vannie - How's the relaxing going? .

Cher - I hope you and your family are doing OK.

Is anyone watching the Super Bowl? We are probably going to watch a little bit, mostly for the commercials!

Have a good Sunday, everyone.
Well we played D&D today so that was very fun and relaxing. Lots of laughs and so grateful for our friends. We got home just a little before halftime so I was able to watch the only part I cared about.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-22, 11:05 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I rested yesterday and may rest today too or maybe just do a 20 minute recovery run. We had a glorious 28 degree night but it will get to the low 60s today.

I watched a lot of the Super Bowl halftime show and enjoyed it.

Hope to be back later.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-22, 07:36 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Gym Styles Back, Shoulders & Biceps timesaver premix + 10 minutes of yoga-based abs.

Vannie - That's great you were able to relax and play games with friends.

Karjoy - I watched about 1 quarter of the game and then watched the halftime show which was surprisingly enjoyable. I don't usually listen to hip hop but I thought how far Dr. Dre has come from being in NWA to playing at the Super Bowl. I really liked the movie "Straight out of Compton" that was about NWA.

Hi to Cher and Gibbee.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-22, 08:17 PM  
Vantreesta

I love Straight Outta Compton too. I've been listening to rap/hip hop since about 3rd grade, although I prefer edited versions. It was nice listening to them without bleeps!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 02-14-22, 08:52 PM  
Cher

Popping in real quick just to say hello.

I’m still sort of stressing over this issue with Joseph and just haven’t felt like posting. He has to get a colonoscopy but because the doctor is on vacation the first 2 weeks in March, he can’t get it done until March 28. It just makes me nervous what they may find out. You know me, always a worrier.

As far as exercise, when I worry, I tend to not exercise as much. Last week I managed a couple weight workouts (KCM workout 2 from Cardio Pump) and a couple Jenny Ford Step Across America step workouts.

I didn’t care for the halftime show. Rap is not my thing. Joseph liked it though. The only song I knew was the one Eminem did.

I really didn’t care who won. Sort of wanted to root for the Bengals because they were the underdogs but also wanted to root for the Rams because of Matt Stanford being a former Detroit Lion and thought it would be nice for him to get in on a Super Bowl win after playing with our loser Lions his whole career until this year. By the end though it was more a matter of which team would get my football square numbers. We ended up winning $200 for the first and last quarters numbers.

Gibbee - Glad things are starting to go well for you.

Waves to everyone!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-22, 09:23 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Cher so good to hear from you. I’m sorry Joseph can’t do the colonoscopy till late March. Is there a cancellation list? Thinking of you.

Vannie I prefer non explicit rap songs too. Keep it classy as they say.

Jbliff I thought Mary J Blige was gorgeous.

See you all tomorrow. Resting one more day today.
Old 02-15-22, 09:40 AM  
Vantreesta

My energy has been so low lately. Using my light box in the morning helps some but it doesn't last all day. I need to start using it midday as well. Yesterday I finally got downstairs to do my stretches, a Caroline Jordan butt workout and a one-mile Leslie walk. Not what I had planned but all I could get myself to do. I almost fell asleep during the stretches and yawned several times through Leslie. I was folding laundry and almost fell asleep doing that! So last night I actually went to bed at 10:45. We'll see how today goes.

Karen, I had to laugh at the idea of classy rap! I have to say, even edited versions can rarely be called "clean!"

Cheryl, I know how hard it is not to worry, especially when the appointment is so far out that you have a lot of time to catastrophize. Praying you can find some calm during the wait and that all goes well with the procedure and nothing serious is found.

Old 02-15-22, 10:11 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical. I didn't have much energy for more. It was so cold too, which didn't help my motivation.

Vannie - I can't believe you've been listening to rap/hip hop since the 3rd grade!

Karjoy - I agree with Vannie. "Classy" rap is an oxymoron even though some of the songs are better than others.

Cher - Great to hear from you. Sorry about Joseph having to wait so long to get his procedure done.

Hi to Gibbee. Have a good day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-22, 11:04 AM  
Vantreesta

JB, well you have to consider context too. I was in 3rd grade in the 80s so most of the rap then was not explicit at all so it was RunDMC, Beastie Boys, Grandmaster Flash, early Sir Mix-a-Lot, Salt-n-Pepa, that stuff. No way our parents would have let us listen to Dre and Snoop back then!

Being cold in the house doesn't help my motivation right now either with the tiredness. All I want to do is cuddle with Cyric and a blanket and sleep. We have the thermostat set at 62 for weekday day time but I usually bump it to 64 or 65. 65 is where we keep it for evenings and weekends.

Old 02-15-22, 09:19 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie I think I was remembering the early days of Rap when it was relatively clean, at least compared to today. It’s all relative! Some of today’s stuff makes me almost cringe and I was an ICU nurse for 30+ years and we heard things that are to this day almost unmentionable.

30 minute recovery treadmill run, backbends and some hip openers. The podcast du hour was about hoarding and I hope to finish it tomorrow.

Maybe everyone will have a bit more energy as the days continue to lengthen. Me too.