Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-21, 07:37 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

Pahla B's Sweaty Strength (from July?)

This was one of Pahla's metcon workouts and I enjoyed it a lot. Today is another hot steamy day so if I workout, it will be indoors. I have a pedicure planned with my sister and then she's coming over for a visit. I also have DS and his gf coming over for dinner so a busy and fun day!

Have a wonderful day all!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-21, 08:00 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF, Woo Hoo! Yesterday I took advantage of the gym for a 20/15/15 of recumbent bike/elliptical/treadmill.

I barely slept a wink all night. I don't know if it was doing cardio later in the day, the heat at home or the airplane sound of the bedroom AC, but I gave up and had some chamomile tea and tried some sleep meditation music on my Kindle, but was up up until 3:30 with the kicking legs and feeling jittery.

Summer Breeze, yay you for getting a strength workout in and KB swings too, high five!

Greetings to Diane and Donna! Stay everyone.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-21, 08:33 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Will have to be brief as I am running behind today.

This morning was:

Ellen - Gentle Barre - Ellen hits the spot for me whenever I'm feeling stressed or unmotivated. This was a nice class - not too hard at all - but relaxing which is what I need.

My shoulder/neck is still off. Last night I did Jessica Valent's PT for SI Joint practice and a practice she had for neck pain - which I think helped a little bit. I think it is a combo of sleeping "wrong" and all this desk work I do.

I'm on vacation next week - we are doing a quick weekend trip to visit my Dad and then when we get back DH and I are doing a mini trip by ourselves. My DD is staying home w/ the dogs b/c she has to work. The dogs are coming w/ us to my Dad's which should be interesting.

So, I may be scarce over the weekend and next week...but will try to pop in when I can.

Oh -my daughter is looking an off the track thoroughbred rescue. She found a horse she wants to meet. I think having a horse will be good for her - it will keep her out of her own head and isolation in her room - it will also force her to get a job to help pay for some of the expenses. She definitely needs something to push her into the world from time to time. The big "sell" will be my DH.

Summer Breeze - it sounds like a lovely day planned!!

Pat - I hate nights like that - it happens to me from time to time. Last night I had trouble getting comfortable b/c of my shoulder/neck.

Waves, Diane!

Hope everyone has a nice Friday.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-21, 05:44 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

So, my sciatica and piriformis were acting up a bit yesterday so I decided to take another rest day. Today I feel back to normal. Not sure what I'll be doing today just yet.

So, yesterday we decided to take a drive to the Berkshires - Great Barrington - to go to the Guthrie Center. If anyone here is old enough to remember Arlo Guthrie and his movie & song, "Alice's Restaurant", this is the "church" where the movie was filmed. A little blurb which explains it better than I can:

"Arlo Guthrie sought to provide a place to bring together individuals for spiritual service, and founded the Guthrie Center, an Interfaith Church, in 1991. It fulfills Arlo’s aim to meet the ongoing needs of the community, and support cultural preservation and educational achievement. The Trinity Church where the song “The Alice’s Restaurant Massacree” began and where the movie “Alice’s Restaurant” was filmed, continues to service the local and international community."

Arlo and his team do a lot of good stuff for the community - bringing in new, unknown acts for small, very intimate concerts, free lunches for those in need and much more than I can list.

The fun part was I was talking to a young man there, told him I was a big fan of Arlo's and always wanted to visit the church. He then said his name was Mo and Arlo was his grandfather! (Mo's real first name is Shiva Das.)

Arlo had recently been forced to retire as HE had some mild strokes (like me!) and I shared that with Mo. He was so sweet and caring, asking me how I was feeling and said that's exactly how Arlo feels. Hates being retired, hates the meds but better to be here than 6' under!

So a fun day albeit very, very humid.

Donna - I think owning a horse is a great idea. As you probably know, it isn't cheap (depending on where you live) but really can ground a person. I'm rooting for your DD as I would love to buy another horse for riding! That's why my husband calls me "Mrs. Rockefeller"! I ride regularly but do not like jumping so I'm in the market for a draft horse. Nice, big boy that will just like gentle trail rides.

Hi Pat and Summer Breeze! Have a great day everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-21, 09:16 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

YT Workout Hotel Full Body Dumbbell Sculpt

This was a nice short and sweet weight workout. Compound moves and some floor work. It was just too unbearably hot and humid to even leave the house yesterday.
It was 100 degrees even before the humidity was factored in! We had some t-storms in the afternoon and overnight but it's still pretty steamy. I think the temps are more reasonable though so I am planning to walk.

DIANE, what a fascinating trip you had to the Berkshires to see Arlo Guthrie's Center and speak to his grandson! I hope your sciatica is feeling better.

DONNA, hope you're thoroughly enjoying your trip and well-deserved time off!

PAT, thank God for the gym! I slept terrible last night listening to the deluge of rain. I hope you got some rest this weekend.

Waves to all.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 07-18-21, 10:50 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Not much going on in my neck of the woods. My niece and I had plans to attend a turtle rescue fundraiser this afternoon but we're both too wiped out from the heat and other things. Yesterday was a bust, I got some disturbing family news and spent the better part of the day with my niece. Between that and the relentless humidity, I'm sapped.

Friday I had a short and fun workout - Shakti Warrior workout 3, Flow (on Daily Om). I'm headed to the gym shortly for the air conditioning and to elevate my mood.

Donna, the horse rescue sounds perfect for your daughter. Good luck with DH, and keep us posted! Enjoy your well earned vacation.

Diane, what a fun day. It sounds very uplifting! I'll have to put a day trip to the Berkshires on my to do list.

Summer Breeze, look at you go! I'll have to check out that weight workout. I haven't heard of Workout Hotel yet, and I'm starting the 20 Instructors in 20 Days challenge tomorrow.

Have a healthy and happy day everyone.
Old 07-19-21, 07:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

48 minute outdoor walk

I am planning a walk for today too. I'm expecting the tree guy today so hopefully he comes sooner rather than later so I can plan my day.

PAT, I hope the trip to the gym elevated your spirits. Sorry about the disturbing family news {{hugs}}

Hi DONNA & DIANE!

Have a wonderful day all!
Old 07-19-21, 07:51 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I had a good gym workout, 15 minutes recumbent and 50 minutes weights. I was good and incorporated some arm work in addition to the usual lower body, chest and back.

I must pay some attention to my garden tonight, it's so overgrown with weeds from the constant dampness.

Summer Breeze, enjoy your walk today and good luck with Tree Guy. It seems moderately less hot.

Have a great day Moan Day Diane and Donna!
Old 07-19-21, 10:26 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Hi there, mind if I jump in and join you all? I've been struggling with fatigue and am thinking Margaret Richard or even Pahla might be a great option right now!

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 10:46 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Welcome Beth, please join us!

Tags
jim fixx