Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-21, 03:38 PM  
AnMrsDe

Arrow Just The Workouts ~FEBRUARY 2021~*Everyone Welcomed!*

February, 2021

Keeping my hip PT work in my weeks while getting my sweat on this month! Goals: getting in daily meditations and cleaning up my eating. Really need to focus on the latter. :/

1 - Meditation; Yvette Fit #28 60 Minute Cardio Kickboxing BIG LEGS; Michelle's Yin Yoga This class was EXACTLY what I wanted for today. It includes kickboxing, high/low impact (well, I kept it lower on some), weighted leg work (keeping it lighter - I used 15's and 20's), a FW band, ankle weights, gliders & and a mat. I forfeited the FW band, ankle weights, and gliders and used my medium wide booty band above my knees from the 42 min. mark to the end. Worked great....nothing like getting my PT work in while having a cardio sweat blast with Yvette!! 523 cal burn!
2 - Meditation; X-10 (w/u); Heather Robertson Full Body Strength Workout w/ DB's (45 min.); Five Parks Yoga (Wrist Free & Hands Free Yoga - 30 min.) HR's workout was a good little stand-alone workout with a LB circuit, UB circuit & Core circuit with a :40/:20 format. Each exercise is done 3x with a 12-15 rep range to burn out the muscle before moving on. This is one of my favorites of Erin's yoga classes--not a vinyasa in sight, filmed on the beach, and great for my "achey hands" days when not wanting to be on my wrists! Includes balance, flow and is a great all-around stretch. 330 cal burn
3 - Meditation; X-10 (w/u); Heather Robertson Booty Band HiiT Workout (18 min.); Winsor Buns & Thighs; Michelle's Yin Yoga PT day! I used my medium pink thigh band for HR's workout...just a GREAT booty/hip strengthener. On the 4th, my lower body is really feeling the DOMS! 247 cal burn
4 - Meditation; Cathe Live Smokin' Upper Body Blast #111 (53 min.); stretch This one is truly a Cathe Classic!! I can't believe I waited almost 2 years doing it again, as it is just GOLD for the UB!! But really a great metabolic total body w/o as well, since you do 3 circuits of weighted UB exercises followed by cardio blasts at a quick pace to really keep up the HR. Love the format! I used 10's , 12's and 30 for one arm rows and did tuck jumps/air jacks on my rebounder for the run-around-mat cardio. Also I didn't feel like p/u's today, so I did tons of reps of chest presses/skull crushers w/ 12's for that last circuit...my arms were FRIED!! Cathe really shines in this one and Al is in the class - double GOLD!! So fun! Felt good to concentrate on the UB this week! 360 cal burn
5 - Meditation; LM Body Combat Remix #02 Combat Power (40 min.); Five Parks Yoga Wrist Free & Hands Free Yoga Class This BC has great music, is a good steady state workout and a very powerful one to put your "all" into. It includes UB work and core. I used my vest weights and was a great sweat! Since this one is a remix, certain tracks include sweat flying off the instructors more so than others. :0) I did Erin's class again...trying to perfect the directions I should be on my mat and which direction I need to have my mat!...this is a great stretch but I think her cueing has really improved since this one was filmed in '18. 288 cal burn
6 - Meditation; Five Parks Yoga Intense Flow with No Planks or Chats (Wrist Free Yoga - 49 min.); Heather Robertson 10 min. Full Body Mobility & Flexibility Routine Erin's class was very similar to yesterday's class but filmed inside and was all standing postures for 45 min. to build heat and included balance and core challenges. Sweaty, and this one was easier for me to follow. Heather's workout was more of a stretch than mobility, IMHO.
7 - Meditation; Rest Day

8 - Meditation; Yvette Fit #89 70 Min. Step, HiiT, Back & Bicep Circuits; stretch This was an awesome endurance workout and Yvette was The Energizer Bunny!! Jeesh, non stop FUN with one break midway, then right back at it. I modified quite a bit – just used my topper for the first half and 2 risers for the last half and did some of the cardio on my rebounder that used the higher step. My HR was up for almost all of the workout!! Actually, it may have seemed tougher since I didn’t use the higher bench for all the TONS of burpee variations that uses the step...and I mean there were TONS!!! In the first half, there was weighted cardio moves using 5#'s which really added up! For the weighted bicep and back work toward the end, I used 15’s, 12's, (had to drop down), 5’s, 3's (again, had to drop down) and 25. TOUGH STUFF but I loved it!! 510 cal burn
9 - Meditation; Scraping Mix (30 min.) Early hair appt., so natch, no afternoon workout! ;0) (My upper body was so sore from Yvette's workout yesterday!!) Rest day
10-Meditation; X-10 (w/u); Heather's Booty Band HiiT w/o (18 min); Winsor Buns & Thighs; Michelle's Yin Yoga; Ankle Strengtheners w/ Doctor Jo (5 min); Blowing snow off driveway (15 min.) PT day! I really don't know why Heather calls this w/o a HiiT...it really isn't and that's why I never seem to dread doing it! It has a lot of hip/booty strengtheners and really makes a difference with the resistance of the band. I haven't tried my highest resistance band yet...maybe will try that next time.//There's nothing like taking your leaf blower to blow snow off the driveway!! Love that thing!! We keep getting an inch here, an inch there, but at least it's light & fluffy and not heavy....but I'm getting tired of scraping, LOL!
11- Meditation; Yvette Fit #91 30 Min. Chest/Shoulders/Triceps & Ab Circuits; Yvette Fit #79 35 Min. FUN Low Impact Cardio Kickboxing; Michelle's Yin Yoga #91 class was just weights and abs - which is really rare for Yvette. She includes an 8-12 rep range for all sets & usually 4 sets per exercise alternating with an ab exercise. I used 5's for shoulders, 12's, 15's, & 20. She uses 30's for chest press right off the bat! No, I need more warm-up exercises since all she did were stretches as a w/u! I was usually a rep or 2 behind her - she goes too fast for those heavy weights she uses, IMHO. Triceps are a little underworked but I'll do a tricep exercise in place of some of the shoulder work next time. Glad she is including some weight only classes!! Added on her FUN no equipment k/b workout - just LOVED this one again for lower impact and fun stuff! 377 cal burn
12- Meditation; LM Body Combat Kick Power #01 (25 min.); 10 Min. of a Body Step workout - not feeling it--Joni O'd; Heather Robertson Abs & Booty Band Workout (22 min out of 42 min...no abs); Michelle's Yin Yoga Love the Kick Power workout as Dan & Rach make it so fun! Great, sweaty, mostly kicks workout that includes tracks from other workouts with very little rests - they just go right into the next track and no c/d. My HR was still up pretty high at the end when it abruptly cuts off. Good music and this has my favorite track with Rach and her "158 kicks"! OK, I found one of Heather's booty workouts that I thought works each glute by itself a little better than her Booty Band HiiT workout I did Wednesday. I skipped the Abs segment (they got worked good yesterday) and started at the 20 min. mark. This has 2 sets of the same exercises that uses the booty band - for the first set, I used my heavy resistance band...whoa, that didn't allow me to have the range of motion intended for her exercises, as I could hardly lift my leg with the thing on. For the 2nd set, I went back to my Medium resistance band which was much better for range of motion and for doing them like Heather shows. These exercises are SUPERB for working each glute separately for working on strength and it includes more PT exercises as well. It doesn't have quite the up/down factor and I liked it better than her Booty Band Hiit workout, at least for what I am wanting right now in my rotation for PT focus. I made sure I had a nice stretch after all that. Great lower body workout today! 360 cal burn
13- Meditation; KCM 30 MTF Sculpting Rx (Workout 1 & Workout 2: Intervaled Body Parts - 39 min. Premix); Cathe Perfect 30 (Mobility-25 min.) Yay, I found yet another gem on this KCM dvd!!! LOVED this full body premix of combining the lighter weight work with the heavier weight work (Kelly intertwines the two - not just Workout 1 in its' entirety and then Workout 2) with approx. 10 min. of core at the end. I used 5's-15's but mostly 10's and 15's. Really gives it a whole different feel to shock the body with the different weight loads and seemed like a new workout. I am so glad I acquired this dvd....as it's my Favorite KCM workout - even more so now!!! Cathe's stretch felt great and needed. 303 cal burn
14- HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!! Meditation; Yvette Fit #88 45 Min. Heavy Shoulder & BOSU Cardio; Yoga30For30 (Yin) Thought I would get another workout in this week since I took that rest day on Tuesday and since we're planning on a big meal tonite. Great, sweaty fun in 45 min.!! Using the BOSU today was so fun as it's been awhile and my legs are feeling it already! This is a weight and cardio circuit working shoulders only and cardio moves using the BOSU. I used 8's -20#; I really enjoyed the cardio moves with the BOSU for lower body and she had a few exercises raising it over your head to get in some more shoulder work. Yvette is alone in the class - I think I prefer the class behind her, just like Cathe in Cathe Live. But this was Super FUN! Favorited! Thought I'd try a yin class again - wasn't too bad although I was busy writing my check-in notes while in various poses, LOL. I.just.can't.lay.there!! 425 cal burn

15- Meditation; Cathe Live #251 Total Body Giant Sets #3 (minus core=45 min.); Yoga30For30 (Core); Cathe Perfect 30 (Extended Stretch); Blowing snow off driveway These TBGS Lives are classics too! So awesome to really burn out the upper and lower body, they are very similar to her TBGS dvd. I pretty much matched Cathe's weights today. I kept the shoulder work lighter since I'm still feeling Yvette's workout from yesterday (but really, the shoulders are not overworked at all like in some of her workouts). I wasn't feeling Cathe's core work today so I did Travis' Core from Y30F30 which is always a good challenge. Cathe's Extended Stretch felt really good! I'm back from getting my blood work drawn so now can stay home the rest of the day....roads aren't too clear from the overnight snow we had; happy to stay in and clean the house! 377 cal burn
16- Meditation; Yvette Fit #73 60 Min. High Intensity Cardio Blast; Five Parks Yoga (Short & Sweet Vinyasa Flow - 30 min.) OMG! In Yvette's description, she states you need TONS of Energy for this workout....well, yes, I definitely concur!!! Non-stop Hi/Lo cardio with one little measly :60 water break in the middle then non-stop until the 58 min. mark! There are burpees in this but not as many as there are j.jacks which I was grateful for my rebounder to do air jacks and tuck jumps instead. Too many for my liking. She has a 5# cardio sequence toward the end which I was grateful for, as it seemed easier to make it to the end! I think Y was even getting tired by then!! I have this one marked as maybe one of her toughest on the site...feeling very accomplished. Erin's class was a goodie for a flowy hip opener which felt great! Hey, lookie quick - the SUN is out!!!! Beautiful, glistening view from my window today. 560 cal burn ETA: Scraping Mix/Shovel Max (35 min.) (after DH snow blowed this morning). We got 5" the last couple days - biggest snowfall of the season. That sun sure helped to melt/break up the snow...clean driveway once again! :0)
17- Meditation; Heather Robertson Leg Day//Warm Up Routine; Abs & Booty Band Workout (Booty only); Winsor Buns & Thighs; Michelle's Yin Yoga PT Day..an hour of booty focus! Bex, you had me curious about my fabric medium band...I looked on the box and it says the tensile strength is 25-35#. I guess that means how durable it is when stretched. All I know is, it is the perfect band for HR's workout to give me that ROM but still provides that challenge. I was sweating in my cold basement today, haha! Hope you find your "goldilocks" band. ;0) 181 cal burn
18- Meditation; Michelle Goldstein's Power Yoga Mandala - Hands Free Yoga=33 min.; Michelle's Yin Yoga Her Mandala class was nice and was better when I didn't look at the screen and just followed along with the audio, as it was a voice over and she was a step ahead doing the poses than her cueing... cal burn N/A.
19- Meditation; Cathe Live #300 Metabolic 300 Live (35 min.); Yvette Fit (10 min.); Cathe LITE Body Weight & Bands (TS #5--Standing Exercises Only & Pyramid Pump Triceps Premix=37 min.) It was an "off" day for me...I was in a funky mood and nothing seemed to measure up until BW&B w/o. Cathe's Live w/o just seemed so boring today and I Joni O'd it right before the bear crawl walk-outs...I didn't feel like doing them, LOL! So thought I'd try a Yvette...nope, not that either. Finally settled on Cathe's LITE workout and that was the one I could stick with and got a great workout. That has a really good FW band segment, too, that I forgot about. But for the Triceps, I didn't do the pyramid format...I just used 12's, 12's, and 15's for the reps. What's up with Cathe's 5's & 8's?? I think also getting a phone call (that I needed to take) during my workout threw off my game today. At least my workout ended nicely, but 1.5 hours later!! 468 cal burn
20- Meditation; Yvette Fit #93 45 Min. No Equipment All Out Cardio; Cathe LITE Body Weight & Bands (TS #3--Floor - No standing Exercises Premix, no w/u=12? min.); extra lower body stretch I had lots of better mojo today for this Yvette workout. It was super FUN with hi/lo moves mixed with k/b moves and just gloves & your energy! Very nice short cardio session, doing tuck jumps in place of the j.jacks (yes, too many again!) on my rebounder which make my HR stay up more than the j.jack dread. Favorited! Added on the floor segment from Cathe's workout that I didn't get to yesterday. Either this is really easy; I need a heavier stretchie band; or my LB has gotten really strong with all my PT work with my fabric band...OR all 3!!! Unfortunately, my fabric band wouldn't work with the exercises--believe me, I tried! Seemed I could do way more reps than she does with the green stretchie. But, after all, it IS titled LITE! ;0) I do have to say, my hips and booty are feeling much stronger these days and maybe even a little lifted! 417 cal burn
21- Meditation; Cathe Perfect 30 (Mobility) Rest Day

22- Meditation; Yvette Fit #87 60 Min. Heavy Weight & Cardio Boot Camp BLAST; Michelle's Yin Yoga Holy Moly! Another kick-butt workout using the step for a bench & cardio, weights working chest, back, & triceps, Med Ball, and gliders for one move. My ankles/feet were really cranky today (arthritis has now moved from hip to ankles/feet, ugh), so I used my BOSU in place of my step for a little more "give" which worked great. For triceps, (which were fried, btw) at the end with her 5 sets of overhead triceps, I did 2 sets of overhead triceps, 2 sets of skull crushers and 1 set of pull-overs to get in a little more back work. I like skull crushers since they work the triceps individually which I need to do. Feeling very accomplished after this one!! This is also on YT and there's a new guy in the class (who does very well), but I think he was getting tired at the end and his looks were pretty comical saying "howwwww much longgggger"?? 473 cal burn
23- Meditation; X-10 (w/u); Heather Robertson Inner & Outer Thigh Workout//Burn Baby Burn!!(31 min.); Abs & Booty Band Workout (42 min.); extra LB stretch Holy Hannah! I found an AWESOME LB Burn out sesh! This I&OTW is a very recent workout of Heather's...it has the :40/:20 format, uses weights for some exercises and really gets those inner and outer thighs GOOD but I used my medium fabric booty band for some extra intensity. HR doesn't use a band, and it was definitely a burner with it! I used 20's for the double dumbbell exercises (mostly DL's, Sumo Squats, & lunge variations) and 25# for the single exercises. Sometimes I couldn't raise my leg as high as Heather, but it didn't seem much to matter with these exercises. LOVED this one and adding the Abs & Booty Band workout was really good stuff. First time for trying the "Abs" part...it was more challenging than I thought it would be with the :30/:10 format. These two workouts really complemented each other quite well....I'll need to remember this combo. Total time tapped out right around the 70 min. mark but I REALLY needed to add an add'l LB stretch after all that booty fun! 446 cal burn.//A whopping 48*/sunny day here--supposed to reach 50*!!! Now I can see all those $(%&$^#^* pokey balls again and GRASS!!
24- Meditation; LM Body Combat (United=28 min.); TRAMPIT 12 Rebounder workout https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTI8OpJ2jhg My feet were really feeling compromised with the Combat workout - lots of lateral moves and my high impact moves were really lame, so I cut it short. I wanted to do it one last time before my subsc. ended--this is definitely my favorite Combat but gotta listen to my body. Decided on trying a rebounder workout and remembered reading T2B's reference to this one. OMG, what FUN!! It's by far, the BEST rebounder workout I've come across with fabulous music and vibe! And, maybe b/c I could keep up with her bounce while still holding onto my stability bar?...I don't trust myself to jump without it!! She includes HiiT which is awesome(!) and I could insert my beloved air jacks and tuck jumps when I didn't want to do her moves. My HR was really up there. I jump with my shoes on always and my feet were very appreciative of the no impact. Thanks for sharing about that one!!! 354 cal burn.//Now after grocery shopping, I will be spending all day with the parents just in case they have issues from their 2nd shots yesterday....yay, this means puzzle time (and cleaning too, though.) ;0)
25- Meditation; Winsor Buns & Thighs; Cathe Stretch Max #2 (w/ ball); 50 min. Yard Clean up Had a dentist appt. so didn't have much time for a w/o. It actually was therapeutic to pick up the pokey balls today...very nice temps/no wind/chatting with neighbors and easing my built-up stress from a stressful dentist appt. Oh how I miss my previous, now retired dentist, aaaacccckkkk!
26- Meditation; Yvette Fit #95 60 Minute Moderate Intensity - All Out Step Aerobics; stretch-including some foot exercises/stretches This one uses a 2 riser step and gloves and is just step choreo (very BASIC step choreo, esp. in the first half--in fact, a very good one to just veg out with the basic foot work! I used just the topper and my wtd. vest weights. I enjoyed the 2nd half more as I found the intensity a bit improved and the choreo more fun but still staying pretty grounded for my foot. However, a GREAT steady-state workout for those light days (or those arthritic days when my feet say, "be kind to me"!). They feel pretty good now but do tighten up by the end of the day. Did some top/feet exercises (where my pain is) which felt nice. 334 cal burn
27- Meditation; LM Body Pump #106 (45 min.); Ab exercises on my own; stretch This Pump is really great! I used DB's today instead of a BB. Used (1) 30 for the squat/sumo track; 15's and 12's for the upper body then had to drop down to 10's for the shoulder/leg track toward the end as my arms were toast! My HR was really elevated for most of this workout.... it really makes a difference the heavier you can go with all those reps. I was feeling really strong today (my hands were good) and it felt so good to pump it up! I decided to extend my LM subscription another 3 months since they gave me the same discount. :0) 318 cal burn
28- Meditation; Cathe Perfect 30 (Mobility) Rest Day
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts