Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-11-18, 10:56 AM  
pharma_gal

Losing motivation? Need a new plan

I have been doing really well this year with my workouts and have really improved my fitness. But last month or so I am just not able to get into my workouts. Not sure what is going on. I have a BOD subscription and tons of dvds. Just not able to decide what to do. I’ve done some BOD workouts, Cathe and Millionaire hoy this year. I think I may need to tone it down and do some intermediate moderate intensity workouts. Any suggestions? I started 80 day obsession but was just able to get into the workouts so I quit. I did some EBE2 workouts but now I just don’t feel motivated to do anything. I get on plenty of outdoor activity with my toddler so I prefer to do my workout indoors since that’s my time.
Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-18, 11:17 AM  
violingal3

Hmm, maybe take a week off? I'm kind of in a funk, maybe it's the heat and no energy. I'm just doing an easy barre 3 workout I enjoy. I've done it my last five workouts and will probably just finish off the week with it. It's only 40 minutes and it's like a treat for my body. I feel refreshed and relaxed and no dread rolling out my mat and pushing play.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-18, 12:01 PM  
gladgirl

Something I have done in the past which worked for me was to take the pressure off, not the time off....do something, anything, from dvds, from youtube, at least 30 mins but whatever draws your desire. After a week of doing something, but not caring so much what it was, I found my new loves and got back to it. That and some great new music playlists for the rebounder.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-18, 12:27 PM  
cindyw75

I suggest doing a lower impact rotation for 4-6 weeks. Do more fusion, Yoga, Pilates. I highly recommend Jessica Smith.
cindyw75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-18, 05:06 PM  
Honeydew

Try Pvolve. The workouts are different andI can get through them without feeling wiped out.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-18, 06:19 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyw75 View Post
I suggest doing a lower impact rotation for 4-6 weeks. Do more fusion, Yoga, Pilates. I highly recommend Jessica Smith.
I was thinking the exact thing. A rotation so that you don't have to make decisions, but lower intensity to counter possible overtraining. Jessica's Walk Strong rotations have good variety and they're shorter (usually a half hour). And she's just so encouraging and real, it's very hard not to like her!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-18, 08:01 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

If I don't feel motivated I just pick something that I like until I get my motivation back. Usually it is something less intense or totally different. Sometimes I have just been pushing a bit hard and need to step back and enjoy. Also if weather permits could get outdoors for some walks, bike rides, or water sports.
Old 07-11-18, 10:01 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Lately I've been doing my usual, but adding in some short YouTube workouts. I've been loving Jessica Smith...or whatever shows up on my suggested playlist.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-18, 07:17 AM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

Whenever I'm struggling with motivation, I try to plan out my workouts - not having to think about it in the morning makes a BIG difference for me. I even set everything out the night before so there's really NO thinking - Put on THOSE clothes, play THAT dvd, get to work.

ALSO - I have a rule that if I really don't want to do what I have planned, I can do something else if I know what that is. I actually have one yoga dvd that's 30 minutes of really low key stretching - I can always fall back on that and then at least I've done SOMETHING and kept the habit going.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-18, 03:02 PM  
pharma_gal

Thanks for all the replies. I really can’t get outside to workout. I have to workout while my toddler naps so for now I have to keep my workouts indoors. I was trying to reflect on things and realized that I have to have some sort of a structure planned out for my workouts or else I will not workout. Just like my nutrition if it’s not planned out I will not make better choices. That being said I still have to do some intermediate workouts for now. Jessica Smith is a good idea. I am considering getting her walk strong 3 set. I am also scheduled to get my wisdom teeth removed next week and that will take a few days to heal. By then the set should be here if I order from Amazon. I will follow that. I think it will be good. Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
workout plan