Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-17, 08:50 AM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-17, 11:17 AM  
Garrie A.

I recommend the Firm Basics and Prime Power workouts.

Basics Sculpting With Weights (Tracie Long)
Basics Fat Burning (Jen Carman and Stacey Millner-Collins)
Basics Abs Buns and Thighs (Stacey Millner-Collins, but be warned--she is off the music badly in this one. Not off the beat, but off the phrase. She'll start one beat before where she is supposed to start several times in this workout.)

And the 12 Minute Time Crunches: 12 Minute Time Crunch Cardio (two segments with Allie Del Rio, one segment with Jen Carman, another segment led by Robyn Johnson), and 12 Minute Time Crunch Weights (Lower body with Libby Heath and Nancy Tucker, Upper Body with Summer Sparkman and Janet Brooks Holmes). These are lighter versions of Super Sculpting and Super Cardio.

Also, Prime Power Lower Body (Kim Bartlett) and Prime Power Fat Burning (Stacey Millner-Collins).

And of the classics, Volumes 4 and 6 are great (with light weights).

Hope I can help!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-17, 01:56 PM  
RHend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaVeg View Post
I like the 10 minute solution dvds when I am re-starting. I can 20 min or 30 or 40 depending of my level of energy.
I don't have any of the 10 Minute Solution workouts. Are there any you would highly recommend, or that are your favorites?
Old 01-19-17, 02:04 PM  
RHend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
I recommend the Firm Basics and Prime Power workouts.

Basics Sculpting With Weights (Tracie Long)
Basics Fat Burning (Jen Carman and Stacey Millner-Collins)
Basics Abs Buns and Thighs (Stacey Millner-Collins, but be warned--she is off the music badly in this one. Not off the beat, but off the phrase. She'll start one beat before where she is supposed to start several times in this workout.)

And the 12 Minute Time Crunches: 12 Minute Time Crunch Cardio (two segments with Allie Del Rio, one segment with Jen Carman, another segment led by Robyn Johnson), and 12 Minute Time Crunch Weights (Lower body with Libby Heath and Nancy Tucker, Upper Body with Summer Sparkman and Janet Brooks Holmes). These are lighter versions of Super Sculpting and Super Cardio.

Also, Prime Power Lower Body (Kim Bartlett) and Prime Power Fat Burning (Stacey Millner-Collins).

And of the classics, Volumes 4 and 6 are great (with light weights).

Hope I can help!
I have some Firms (Body Sculpting System and the Transfirmer workouts) but not any of the early ones. The mansion look bothered me for some reason which is strange because I am usually not very concerned with the background. I have been looking at Tracie Long's Platinum Fitness for Seniors...it looks doable. Yeah....I really am very out of shape.

I'm not familiar with the Prime Power workouts. Thanks for the recommendation!
Old 01-19-17, 02:08 PM  
RHend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
I want to add that I've always enjoyed having workouts of varying lengths in my arsenal because of the same reason that Carla mentioned but, also to use as short warm ups/cool downs/add-ons, body specific focus (abs, etc.), and to string different workouts together for a custom mix. When restarting, It doesn't seem so daunting if you can commit to ten minutes of this and ten minutes of something else then a straight 20 minutes of one thing.
Now I am realizing that having workouts of varying lengths is probably the most important thing. You are so right!
Thanks Penny
Old 01-19-17, 02:12 PM  
RHend

Quote:
Originally Posted by little bird View Post
Someone already mentioned Leslie's WalkBlasters. She also has Tone Every Zone that has 3 twenty minute workouts (Upper body/Lower body and Cardio)
I'll have to look up the WalkBlasters I don't seem to have any of those...I have Tone Every Zone and just put it in my pile of "doable" workouts! Yay!

ETA: Turns out I DO have the Walkblasters! I now have a small, but growing pile of short workouts I should be able to do. Thanks!
Old 01-19-17, 02:14 PM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-17, 02:32 PM  
Garrie A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHend View Post
I have some Firms (Body Sculpting System and the Transfirmer workouts) but not any of the early ones. The mansion look bothered me for some reason which is strange because I am usually not very concerned with the background. I have been looking at Tracie Long's Platinum Fitness for Seniors...it looks doable. Yeah....I really am very out of shape.

I'm not familiar with the Prime Power workouts. Thanks for the recommendation!
The BSS workouts are great restarters too! My favorites for restarting are Cardio Sculpt (with light weights), Super Body Sculpt (three 15 minute workouts), Super Cardio Sculpt (performing less impact on the floor cardio parts), Cardio Sculpt Blaster (light weights), and Lower Body Sculpt II (Libby's floor workout).
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-17, 03:31 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

There's also a new accountability check-in, that you're welcome to check out. Our numbers are few, but we are doing some beginning/re-starting again workouts. I had a running injury last year and developed PF, which prevented me from exercising for a number of months. So, I began December with some gentle Namaste yoga (only 20 minutes per episode.) Classical Stretch is also very beginner friendly.

I've taken the time to re-visit some older workouts, and am also trying to do a low weight/high rep rotation of sorts....thanks to the Karen Voight GWW thread in the GD forum. I'm enjoying some Tracy Anderson workouts that I haven't used in a very long time. Also, someone new to me this year is Hamelin D'abell.

Anyway, stop by and say "hello" if you feel like it!

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=218035

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-17, 04:15 PM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHend View Post
I don't have any of the 10 Minute Solution workouts. Are there any you would highly recommend, or that are your favorites?
I like the 10 min solution carb burning, 10 Minute Solution - Target Toning, and 10 Minute Solution: Quick Tummy Toners.

I also like tony horton 10 minute trainer.... I also ALWAYS come back to Leslie Sansone, you can find free Leslie's workouts on you tube, also Jessica Smith.

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21 day total body circuit, beginner workouts, denise austin befit, jessica smith, leslie sansone, mirabai holland, restarters, stacey milner-collins