Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-11, 05:08 PM  
Edie

Thanks for the tip! I didn't know they had this.
Edie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 01:37 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I'm very disappointed in the clip. I recently saw another Acacia offering, a QiGong or TaiChi program, that was filmed indoors in front of the same mottled brown curtain. [negative comment deleted]

I can't wrap my mind around a Shiva Rea practice filmed in front of that dismal curtain. She's the all American outdoor girl, her routines have always been filmed outdoors. Not interested.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 01:57 PM  
kitty12

I liked the setting. I like the outdoor settings as well, but I was OK with this indoor setting. I take it you wouldn't like or don't like Daily Energy as well?
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 02:04 PM  
KathAL79

I think I'm good on Shiva for a while. I find that as much as I like watching her practices her style doesn't always fit what I want or need out of yoga right now, especially since she is much more advanced than I'll ever be and has started to focus on poses like chaturangas that are just not doable for me.
But I reserve the right to change my mind.

I didn't mind the indoor setting of Daily Energy at all; I thought the deep blue was pretty. The brown isn't quite as exciting, though, for me.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 03:27 PM  
yoni

thanks for the free clip link ! a whole segment from the new DVD , I'm watching it now. I didn't like the brown setting so much as well
yoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 03:31 PM  
kitty12

Brown is one of my favorite colors so I'm good there!! Makes me think of nature...wood floors, wood furniture, autumn leaves. When we finished our basement we used rich brown carpet and teal walls. Our master bedroom is a pale green and brown.

I thought the clip was peaceful looking. Nice for a morning workout, except I don't workout in the morning!!

Although to be honest, I don't think of the curtain as being brown. More of a golden color, although at some points the splotches look brownish.
Old 02-02-11, 03:37 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I'm glad you like the setting Kitty. Like Kath, I think I've reached my saturation point with Shiva. I'll always love her but needed a little hiatus, especially since her material is so far advanced of what I can do these days.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 03:44 PM  
kitty12

I understand that completely Pat! It's important to find DVDs that we can work with!
Old 02-02-11, 03:49 PM  
yoni

I didn't ! I totally loved the clip! Shiva is doing eagle pose, she never did that on her previous dvd's except the live one where she also did that vinyasa of eagle to some sort of side plank, she also did some other standing poses she's never done on DVD's. can't wait for the full dvd
yoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 03:52 PM  
kitty12

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoni View Post
I didn't ! I totally loved the clip! Shiva is doing eagle pose, she never did that on her previous dvd's except the live one where she also did that vinyasa of eagle to some sort of side plank, she also did some other standing poses she's never done on DVD's. can't wait for the full dvd
Yes!! I noticed too that she did some poses I didn't remember her doing before. It looked like a completely different routine than her other work. I hope to order from Acacia before the end of the day.

Tags
am energy, nauli, shiva rea