Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-05-21, 02:44 PM  
Twigs

Happy Friday everyone!

Today's workouts:
- The Firm Fat Burning with Stacey Milner-Collins (the one with the jungle set)
- 1 hour cross country walk through back roads and fields.
- MFML Stretch & Strengthen: Legs & Bums with Clive Fogelman. Cyana, have you tried this class yet? I know you're a big fan.

Sandra - I'm also interested in what you're going to make with your new pan and how you get on with it.

Pam - Rizzo must love all these long walks.

Pat - It's funny; I almost did one of Tracey's dance workouts yesterday. Both of her Dance DVDs are really good. How is your toe doing? Hope it’s on the mend.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 11-05-21, 09:56 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quickie check in….
~Forest trail and beach walk and two shorter dog walks, broke through 9000 steps
~PT exercises
~FitOn app: Pilates Mat Burner
~FitOn app: Easy seated yoga

The FitOn app is free, so far no ads, but I’m sure there must be a catch…. They do have a paid premium too, not sure what the difference is….

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"Its not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently. - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-21, 11:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! It's a beautiful brisk day in SECT. I'll be beachward bound soon, even if only a half mile around the parking lot. Yesterday featured:

~ LWS 14 Minute Low Impact Fat Burning Workout
~ YWK Live Vinyasa Slow Flow - New Moon Yoga
~ 5,870 steps

The New Moon yoga was yummy.

Pam, nice walks! You're giving me hope!

Thanks Margot, it's slowly turning the corner. The blister was wicked deep but I'm seeing signs of progress. I love how Tracey makes barre more fun.

Greetings all! I hope your Saturday is wonderful.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-21, 12:02 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Getting Better (Upper Body workout plus Abs, Outer Thigh, Inner Thigh & Quads)

I had a good workout with Margaret's Getting Better this morning.

We change the clock to Daylight Savings tomorrow.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-21, 08:05 PM  
JustSandra

Happy Saturday!

No workout Friday as it is my scheduled day off, but I did walk outside for an hour.

Today's Workout: Sandra's Upper Body Premix from Margaret Richard's Beauty To the Bone (all of the upper body exercises from Volume 1, plus the Back work from Volume 2).

Paine: Thanks for the reminder about the time change tonight.

I think I'll make muffins in my new muffin pans.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-21, 08:38 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hey all - cool but sunny beautiful fall day here. I taught both meditation (sub) and yoga this morning. Just had takeout with DH and looking forward to having a relaxing moving night. Hope everyone is well.

Follow me as YogiBethC
:
YouTube|Facebook|Instagram
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.

DISCLOSURE: I've had professional relationships with vendors; see my profile for details.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-21, 10:28 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I never made it to the beach. My foot was too sore after grocery shopping. But I did manage:

~ YWK 15 Minute Morning Yin Yoga Stretch
~ GYM for quick workout of chest press, leg press and seated row machines plus 15 minutes recumbent bike
~ 5,629 steps

My Reiki teacher is offering one more series of trainings before she moves to Europe in the spring. I'm grappling with whether to sign up for the Reiki Master training. It's three intensive days in a row and I'll come out with more than I need. My yoga/spiritual/Reiki self says go, but my frugal save for retirement self says no. Which self do I indulge? I think I'll be very sad if I don't do it and she moves, so I'm leaning toward the indulgence. I sure didn't spend any money on shows or eating out during COVID lockdowns, so there's that. Hmmmmm .....

Everyone have a wonderful day!
Old 11-07-21, 10:38 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, thinking about how you would feel after is a good way to help make the decision - which would you regret more, missing out on the training or missing the money you'd spend?

(Hint: it's almost never the money, haha.)

Follow me as YogiBethC
:
YouTube|Facebook|Instagram
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.

DISCLOSURE: I've had professional relationships with vendors; see my profile for details.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-21, 12:49 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I signed up. I can't let this go by. Besides we got a bonus at work for the first time in years. I have to enjoy some of life before I retire so what the heck.
Old 11-07-21, 01:04 PM  
cyana

Happy Week-end! I didn't even touch a computer yesterday!

So how does everyone feel about the time change (for those who are forced to change their clocks)? I absolutely detest this time change, as I feel like it's dark all the time and tend to feel absolutely drained. While I'd prefer to stay on daylight saving time all year to get the extra daylight in the afternoon, I wish they'd choose one and not do the switcheroo, especially when there's documentation that shows it is detrimental to health (more accidents and cardiac events): https://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst...ng-health.html .

I thought I'd share the weekly email message from Tias and Surya Little:

The Turn of Time

We woke today an hour younger as our clocks set backward sometime in the middle of the night. It is a bonus to gain an extra hour of sleep. But “Savings Time" is a good reminder that time is a made up thing. Who calls the shots that turns the clocks back anyway? Can we really turn back time? There is always the now, whether you are on New Zealand Time, South African Time, or on Pacific Time. In "real time" we share the same time and that time is arising now.

How can you say that time is old or young? How can you say that time is backward or forward? Long or short? Past or future? Time is boundless and has no edge or seam. The Greeks had two words for time - watch time called chronos and being time or sacred time called kairos. Can we connect to a time that transcends daylight savings and time zones? As it is is said in Zen, make this very moment 10,000 years.

Time is unchanging and immeasurable. It is ironic that we change our clocks forward and back only twice a year. In meditation and yoga we reset our mental clocks daily in order to be in the present and wake up to the flow of the now.

I like the concept of waking up an hour younger today!

I've been doing some bulk cooking, and as usual, my house smells amazing after roasting the JSP's. I don't think I've ever meditated on a smell, but meditating on the delightful aroma of roasted JSP's might be interesting, LOL! I also roasted some beets and made a batch of egg muffins with goat cheese, onion, spinach and sun dried tomatoes. I saved some leftover coffee, so I'm also going to try Megan's Pumpkin Latte Overnight Oats (detoxinista.com). And I'm going to start a couple of batches of flavored apple-cider vinegar using freshly grated ginger and freshly grated turmeric. DH hates the smell of the vinegar, so I'm always trying to find somewhere to hide the jars outside of his smelling range! There's a new vendor at the farmer's market who has 2021 crop pecans and oh my, those are absolutely amazing - so fresh and tasty. He also has some dehydrated Roma tomatoes that he's seasoned in several ways, and I got a little sandwich bag of those yesterday. I hope I have more time to dehydrate in the coming year, but it's definitely a time commitment. I also purchased a little bag of Quinoa Medley from one of my other vendors - brown rice, quinoa, red rice, lentils and wild rice.

Accidentally hit the Save button. Part 2 to come.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote