Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-02-21, 08:24 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Yesterday I accomplished:

~ Ellen's 10 Minute WW Walk
~ YWK 10 Minute Morning Stretch
~ Kathy Smith Peel Off the Pounds Pilates (full DVD)
~ 6,850 steps

That is a new Kassandra, it was nice. It features the half split where you sit back on one heel, a favorite of mine. That was also the first time I've done a full length Kathy Smith DVD in - I can't remember how long. It's one of her best productions, IMO.

Thank you for the healing toe vibes, everyone. Thank goodness for Oofos flip flops, they let me do most workouts at home.

I hope you like the recipe if you try it, Paine.

Margot, that Bellyfit class sounds nice.

Pam, interesting about Balletone. I seem to recall having one of her DVDs stashed away. What did you think?

Cyana, I have my fingers and all toes (except one) crossed that your workload eases up toward end of month.

Beth, I still need to do your lunchtime #3 - today seems like a good day for it.

Good morning to all who follow!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 11:10 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Home Improvement (all)

When I was doing Margaret's Home Improvement more frequently, I always wore 2.5 pounds on each ankle for the floor work but today I did it without ankle weights and it was still challenging! How the hell did I always do it with ankle weights? Ticks me off that I've lost strength.

Pat, I found all of Kathy's Peel Off the Pounds Pilates on YouTube and it looks good so I bookmarked it.
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...Pounds+Pilates

Beth, you will probably laugh at this. I saw that you made a comment about the new Outlander book in the Fall Reading thread. I read the first couple of Outlander books when they first came out many years ago. I liked them but then one day it suddenly dawned on me... The main character is cheating on her husband!! So she is an adulteress! That pi$$ed me off so I quit reading the series.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 11:16 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, LOL about Outlander! Yes, the present-day husband really does get kind of screwed in that deal. Despite that, I really loved the first 2 books and continued through I think Book 6 (I believe my next book would be Echo in the Bone, which starts with her daughter back in present day). However, the last few felt like slogs to me, way too long and increasingly convoluted. I have thought about going back but I think it's been so long that I would have trouble remembering some of the plotlines.

I just came across this channel that looks good! I was looking up info for scalenes (those pesky neck muscles, as Pat said), and found lots of information on trigger points from this channel, Wizard of Health. This simple move was particularly useful to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpJw...WizardofHealth

Jill Miller does something similar with a ball, but I never really "got it" before, and it felt more helpful just doing it with my thumb!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 01:16 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

This morning I felt in the mood for Pilates:
- Jessica Smith Standing Pilates Fusion Abs YT - This had some nice balance work in it. I felt a bit sad seeing Peanut with Jessica.
- Pilates Girl with Resistance Band YT This was a new channel to me. It was mainly focussed on arm work.
- HealthBarre - Buttocks and Thighs

Cyana - Hibiscus and ginger combined sounds . I think I'll brew some tomorrow. I'm wishing for you too that your workload lightens up later on this month.

Pat - Thank you for mentioning Kathy Smith's Pilates and thanks Paine for the link. I've bookmarked the page too. I think I still have one of Kathy's weights DVDs somewhere. I must dig that out.

Paine - I bet your grandsons looked so cute in their costumes.

Beth and Paine - I read the Outlander series years ago. I remember enjoying the first books of the series and then got a bit tired of them towards the end. Did you see the series on TV? I watched a few episodes but found them unbearably slow. I heard from other reviewers that the later episodes became quite violent, so gave up watching them at that point.

Beth - The Wizard of Health channel looks interesting. I don't go near my neck with the tune-up balls, ever since I put my neck into spasm after trying to press down into a knot at the base of my neck. I couldn't turn my neck properly for a couple of weeks. It was really my own fault, but lesson learned!

Waves to all!
Old 11-02-21, 06:48 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Pat58: Thank you for starting us off this month.

I didn't work out yesterday as we had a little family birthday party for my grandniece, who has turned six years old! Between Halloween and various birthday celebrations she had quite a weekend.

Today's Workout: Margaret Richard's Strong For Life (whole thing, but did skip the warmups and cool downs).

I wasn't planning to hand out candy for Halloween, but a group of kids that I know and who live a few doors down came early. Luckily I had chocolate on hand. I closed up shop after that.

Margot: I'm not sure how I feel about doing Jessica's YouTube videos now that Peanut is gone.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 08:20 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Margot, that's definitely a tough lesson! The instructor of the channel did say that you had to be careful in the area. I think the bits of self-massage (no ball) there today was helpful.

Sandra, I think I heard about Peanut but had forgotten. I had a student mention Adriene's dog Benji today; I think there would be an outcry if anything happened to him!

Got my Yoga for Healthy Aging certificate today, which was a nice bit of sunshine in my day.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-02-21, 11:57 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics
~PT exercises
~Bedtime yin stretch Now I’m settled in to read for a while…..

The Balletone workout was good, lots of balance work, nice cardio effect with a moderate pace. It was a on a friend & fellow Essentrics instructor’s subscription website. She doesn’t have anything on youtube unfortunately.

Pat - Those Oofos are like walking on air!

Paine, Beth, & Margot - I got into the first few seasons of Outlander, but then I lost interest. Just seemed like more of the same & definitely violent. I am a big reader, but haven’t read any of the books, they are soooo long, lol.

Cyana - I also love hibiscus tea, it is so pretty. I’m into bulk teas & like to blend fruity ones with hibiscus & other herbals. I often make 2 litres in a big glass jar and drink it over a day or two.

Sandra - Wow, hard to believe your sweet grandniece is 6 already! Belated birthday wishes!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 11:04 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Fitness Becomes You Volume 2-all: Program A, Program B and Program C

I did the full body workout in Margaret's Fitness Becomes You Volume 2. Today I was able to wear 2.5 pounds on each ankle with all of the lower body exercises.

I wish I loved straight up hibiscus tea because I know it is very good for you but it has a sour taste to me. However I found 3 Celestial Seasonings teas that are a blend but have some hibiscus in it and I like those so I do try to have one cup of that a day (Celestial Seasonings True Blueberry, Black Cherry Berry and Country Peach Passion).
Old 11-03-21, 12:07 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, what do you know about the benefits of hibiscus? I'm not sure I've tried it.

Pam, I have only caught a little of the Outlander series - I couldn't really watch b/c the characters didn't fit with my imagination from the books.

[PS - Braves win! Just had to get that in. ]

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-03-21, 01:01 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, hibiscus tea has antioxidants which are beneficial. I've also read that hibiscus tea can help boost your immune system.