Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-22-21, 08:40 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

TA Meta and everything else - Fall / Winter 2021

TA Meta and everything else - Fall/Winter 2021

We started out as a TA/Meta thread and some have moved to other types of workouts so all welcome. We post sometimes everyday sometimes less often.

So ALL WELCOME!
Old 10-22-21, 08:50 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Friday!

I started with another early morning workout today (not to sound like a broken record but I am LOVING these early morning workouts). Fitprime/Kickbutt Crunch Time, one of my all time favorites Some strength, some cardio, lots of yoga stretching too (when I thought about it, it's actually about 10/40 minutes or 25% of the workout that is yoga LOL). Definitely a good Friday workout but also some strength/cardio to catch up from Wednesday that I missed.

Tomorrow I have Cathe Fit Tower Total Body next up on my rotation. Then barre on Sunday.

Eventmom I'm glad your work stress will be over soon! My work stress will be over soon too, it's just a toughie between now and the end of next week. Then it should be a little better, then even better after mid-November and the holiday season should be REALLY easy going. Here's hoping anyway.

Buzzer I hope you are feeling better!
Old 10-22-21, 11:01 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

today - Action Jacquelyn sexy barre tone + shine cardio around 20

so this workout name is a turn off, it's total body lots to yoga type work (leg lifts in downdog) which is not good for me with my history of fractures and surgery.

ebianco - that is a favorite fp for me as well. My only Susan Harris left in my collection. I caught a student plagiarizing so I've got to deal with that which is annoying and ****ty. Next week will be better - probably after Tuesday.

buzzer - hope you are doing okay!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-21, 07:09 AM  
Buzzer

Angle lines and curves 2... DONE!

A little bit of work, a whole lot of stretching! I really enjoyed this being my induction back into working out!!

I didn't give 100%, but I gave what I felt I could. I ended up being surprised at what I could do, and also surprised at what I couldn't. I felt energetic though and it felt really good to be back.

I probably lost a few pounds while I was sick.... mostly I noticed it when I put my workout shorts on. The shorts were loose and I had to pull them up a few times, however my workout bra and shirt felt exactly the same. Who knows, but sick weight loss seldom stays off so I am not counting any chickens yet.

I probably could have started working out a few days earlier, but I didn't want to push it, and I was sleeping pretty crappy and taking a morning nap still so I stayed away from my workout room for another few days. The fog really started to clear in my head after about Thursday. It seems like each day I wake up since then I feel better.

Yesterday LB had to be at the Westernaires annual show at 9am, so we were up and at our friends house at 8:15am. It was a 30 minute drive there, so we were up way early. I worked out at about 5:15am just to make sure I did it. I think I had more fun because I got to see my friend I haven't seen in a few weeks! LB sat across the arena with her riding group, and they loved having their independence. Overall it was a fun day.

We spent the afternoon and into the evening with them, and by 5:30 I was so done. We left and I put on my jammies right when we got home. That was a long day for me!

So today I am not sure what I am going to do! Should I ease into it? try to go in with more gusto? I kinda am thinking of doing the last workout I did when I got this crap... it was one of the firm basics, like a sculpting with weights one. I kinda was thinking of doing it because I was so achey doing it I didn't finish it, and it was the workout that put me down for the day. I kinda want to do it as an "I'm back!" workout. I might do that.

Ebianco: That 500 error is the worst. I hate that! Hopefully it didn't last too long, or doesn't last too long if it's still going. I worry about this site. I love to look at house listings (and watch "love it or list it") and there are a LOT of over a million dollar homes around here. Our home values are crazy. Anyhow, I love to look at the houses and think "I bet this is what Ebianco's house is like!" they are gorgeous. I don't know if yours is, but in my head you live in a spectacularly beautiful house! HA! It's hard to believe you've been there for over a year already! That time went fast!

you know, when I started working out in the morning, I thought I would hate it. I was used to working out after I got off work at 2pm, or when LB was born I worked out during her 3pm nap. I was cranky when I was switching to early morning workouts. However, I have really enjoyed the energy boost, and also the fact that it's out of the way and the rest of the day I don't have to worry about getting it in! I look forward to 7am so I can go out to my workout room. I probably should go earlier though, since I would like to start our day a little earlier than 8:30 (by the time I change on either end and clean up). Morning workouts are great! I am a convert too!

Eventmom: I'm glad you didn't have covid, however I will say it's nice to have it out of the way. I think everyone will get it eventually, whether vaxxed or not, so although I wouldn't go out of my way to intentionally get it, I am glad it's in my past now. My BIL tested positive last week, my nephew (his son, college age) has lost taste and smell so he is probably positive, and my sister is achey and tired. All were vaxxed too It's so random on who gets it and who doesn't!

So I feel pretty good. Still a bit goobery, still kinda tired, but overall so much better. I have been downing Amazing Grass like it's my job, and it has really been helping too. I think I am on the downhill side of this one for sure!!! Feels great!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-21, 03:19 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Yesterday I did Cathe Fit Tower Total Body and it was pretty good. It's funny with this DVD because I didn't much care for it the first time I did it, but then I LOVED it the second time. This was my third time and I liked, but didn't love it, LOL. It was a good workout for sure, but it has more combined upper/lower moves than I'm used to for a Cathe strength workout, where she usually just focuses on one body part for maximum burnout. I will say I had a lot of abs DOMS today so I guess she hit them really good yesterday! With the abs bonus, the total workout was 60 minutes.

Today the weather was so gorgeous, I went out for a run/walk even though I didn't feel like I had the energy, and it perked me up. That was about 38 minutes, then I did Pure Barre Results Arms then Callan stretch for a 90 minute workout. Yeah! I definitely struggled through the Pure Barre workout after the run/walk but feel very accomplished now. I feel like I made up for missing a workout day on Wednesday.

Eventmom Haha I actually did the Crunch Time remake with Tamela Hastie, although I love the Susan Harris version too! I recall in general Susan's is tougher, she does more work whereas Tamela's has a little more filler, but I like how the Tamela version has the yoga at the end (I feel like maybe the original has it at the beginning if I remember right?) Anyway they are both fantastic.

I'm so sorry a student was plagiarizing, how terrible! And an administrative headache too, I'm sure.

Buzzer I'm glad you're getting back up to your energy, and welcome back! I would definitely recommend Firm Basics Sculpting with Weights to get back into it. I love in that workout that it is SO incredibly doable, but you can always make it more challenging with heavier weights, and sometimes I add more pizzaz to the cardio like plyos when she squats. Or you can go really light and easy, but still feel like you got in a workout.

I got the 500 error just the one time...and haven't again...fingers crossed! I don't know WHERE I would be without the VF site Like you mentioned earlier, we can always start emailing to keep up our check in, but I also like to keep up on GD, although the activity has significantly slowed down for sure.

You have a great memory about my house!! Yes, we will have been here two years this upcoming February Whenever I'm feeling down on myself and I remember to list all the things I'm grateful for, I always list that I'm living in my dream house! Our home values are crazy right now too! As much as the home prices have gone up since we purchased, we never would have been able to afford getting in here now. The only real upgrade we've had to make is just to pull out most of the carpet, and get more dog-friendly flooring. Most of the other details in the house is what I would have chosen anyway! And my family gives me compliments on my beautiful "hosting house" and I do love hosting, can't wait to host Thanksgiving! The flooring project is finally done, it took them about 1.5 weeks. The pattern of the tiles in our living room is a little busier than we anticipated, but still looks great, and the master bedroom looks great too. In both cases we got large porcelain tiles that have a "marble" look to them. The dogs have been enjoying going into the living room which was previously forbidden (we had gates up). LOL

Working out in the morning is the best! I love just feeling accomplished right out of the gate, with exercise behind me. And I swear I have been sleeping better too. I take getting to bed earlier more seriously during the week, since I'll be waking up so early. The whole thing is infusing some well needed discipline into my days. I'm glad you're enjoying it too!

It is crazy that so many people get covid after they've been vaccinated like you said, everyone will probably have it at one point or another. I guess the vaccine is supposed to lessen the symptoms or the chance of being hospitalized, and work has mandated it getting the vaccine now, so I'm glad I got it done when I did!
Old 10-24-21, 05:26 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Sat - action jac lean def barre + 15 TA cardio
Today - 15 min morning yoga, jumping lesson w/horse, callanetics express total body + stretch

buzzer - glad you are well enough to be back! Sadly, you can get covid multiple times - hope you do not! So sorry to hear you family members are dealing with it. It is hard to know who will get it. DH and I continue to take precautions but the level in our state is still pretty high. sounds like westainnaries was fun - glad you are able to rest. (I wish, my sleep is terrible)

ebianco - I don't even have the version with Tamala! I did the Lacey stretch today - she annoyed me less than usual today. At least her chatter on the express workout was cueing form.

It's 5:30 and I really ought to get some grading done...
Old 10-25-21, 09:12 AM  
Buzzer

Firm Basics sculpting with weights... DONE!
Classical Stretch Athletes stretch... DONE!

I loved the basic workout! I am not 100% on energy, so it was perfect for me. I used 8's for the whole thing, and 15's for back rows and 1-15 for triceps overheads. It was perfect. I was not looking to push myself, but rather just to get the movement in, plus a little weight training. It worked out well for me.

Today I did athletes stretch. I debated doing a cardio, but decided this is probably what I need more right now. it was! I hate two things in this workout... her publicity lecture where she pushes her cosmetics, and when she says "a$$" gratuitously. I am not a fan of that. However, she does them both back to back, so it kinda got the cringe stuff out of the way and I went on to enjoy the stretch. The hip stretch was nice, but it seemed like she spent a lot of time doing inner thighs. I had to give mine a rest for a few minutes! I popped in a waist slimming CS (I think season 10) and did about 10 minutes of it... It was good, but then she started going into legs and I didn't want to do that. so I did a few more minutes of waist stretches on my own then ended my workout. So I did close to an hour.

I enjoyed it though.

So today we go to Great Wolf! I am still a bit low energy, however I will activate her wand and she can do some wand stuff. That way I have energy for the water park, and when I crash she can run around doing the wand. we are only there one night, so I don't know if I will workout tomorrow or not. I will probably prepare to, becuase that way if I want to I will. we are bringing minimal stuff though so we don't have to carry too much or pack too much in the car tomorrow. It's just one night after all!!

I am kinda excited to go though!

Eventmom: I was thinking of you with this workout, I think you did it recently too. It's fun and I really feel stretched afterwards. LB is getting in a ton of friend time in now... she spent all day with the friends up the street (her BFF) and they ran around playing horses. The kids' Mom got them broom sticks at dollar store, and they bought LB one. So they ran around on the broom sticks all day playing horses. So cute!

Ebianco: Wow! Two years! I thought it had just been a little over one! Time sure flies. I look at the price of the house I had before we got married, and think "I could never afford to live there anymore!" it's so expensive. Even our house and property now, when we bought it we felt like we paid a little too much. Now it's valued about twice what we paid for it! And that's without the new garage! Crazy!

I am feeling better now, still some low energy and a cough, but overall pretty much at 95%. It's like when I recovered, it was accelerated. While I was sick it sure was stagnant though! one of the families that got it with us still has a sick husband. After about 3 weeks! He is still in bed he's so sick. It's so strange how it hits people different. The Doctors think they have the combination that will help him now. His wife was one of the first of us to fully recover too. So I can't even say it was something they did or didn't do! Random!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 10-25-21, 10:04 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

40 min yin yoga for a stretch but it made my headache worse.

buzzer - yes I do have that essentrics. It's an old one but it's a good stretch so I've hung onto it. I sort of ignore the make up tip! That's cute about the broomstick yoga. Glad you are improving. I wish they knew more about why one person is asymptomatic and another well, sick enough to die. It's crazy how different it is for different people.

hi ebianco!
Old 10-27-21, 07:36 AM  
Buzzer

tons and tons of stairs and walking... DONE!

So we spent the first day doing a whole lot of everything. It's been almost 2 years since we last were at Great Wolf Lodge, so I think LB wanted to do everything at once and we ended up just jumping from one thing to the next. She got to Trick or Treat though! She dressed up as the mandalorian, I dressed in my big baby yoga snuggly thingie. It was a blast! I slept like a champ that night though. Literally. I slept 8 1/2 hours! I was so exhausted.

yesterday we spent most of the day in the water park. LB always hated the bigger slides, and yesterday I half convinced/half just used lots of suggestion that she should go down some of the bigger slides. She relented, with her little worried look. I promised her she would live. She went down one where you go down on like a sled. You have to lay on your belly and hold on to these handles. She LOVED it! I asked her if she wanted to try another slide where we go down together on a tube, and again she was afraid but said yes. Last time when we got to the bottom, she cried.... this time.... she loved it so much she went down on a single tube! By herself! She is growing up. <sniff>. So my exercise was going up those stairs to the slide entrance (there were about 72 of them, but who is counting?) at least 10 times. AT LEAST. I think we went more, but I didn't count that.

Plus she did wand and ran around and trick or treated again.... she had a blast. I had a blast. It was so worth it! I'm glad we did it. I was a little tired, and had to take breaks. Plus last night driving home was raining and snowing for about half the trip. Plus it was dark, and I hate driving in the dark on unfamiliar roads... especially when it's wet and reflecting back. So I was grateful for the movie option in our car!!

Today my hips hurt (probably from all those stairs!) and my calves. I don't know what I am going to do for a workout, probably a stretch or pilates? I don't know. Part of me says to do a firm basic again. I'll see.

So I actually did get a lot of exercise yesterday, and I am feeling even better now! It was a well needed short trip.

Then we got home and the pumpkin LB carved was on the fireplace hearth. It was all rotted and squished and oozed all over the stone hearth, soaking into it, and all over the wood floor. My rug was wet with pumpkin ooze. So right off the bat, walking in, I had that mess to clean up. Was not happy with DH that he didn't even notice! Now our stone hearth is stained and gross. So I was a little cranky when we got home, not only from the stressful drive but then having to deal with that.

Ugh!

Eventmom: I have heard covid hits men harder than women. So far, everyone we know who is or has been sick is doing good. It seems to be going through people I know, even people I haven't had contact with! It's been a weird October for sure.
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 10-27-21, 10:45 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

karen voight sleek essentials sweat

buzzer - you must be feeling better! that's awesome. Glad all your friends that are dealing with it are doing okay. I feel for the long haulers - it's really sad when that happens. uck on the pumpkin, what is it that a dh can't notice things like that? I'm afraid mine would miss it too.