Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-28-21, 07:24 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

I'm so happy that you guys are still here!! I haven't checked in on VF in literally months, but I want to come back.

Basically, I haven't been doing any media workouts since way back in May. However, I need to get back into it as I am giving up walking now that there is snow on my road. You may remember my accident of last winter. It has made me totally paranoid about walking anywhere near ice.

So, I hope you will accept me back, and I'm pretty sure you will.

All is well in my corner of the world. I spent the summer and fall at my cottage, then moved back home in mid-october. We're involved in a few reno projects, which has taken up a bit of my time.

Yesterday: some Marcus Irwin
Today: steve steinbacher step

I have no hope on catching up on everything, but I'll go back a bit and try to catch up with you all!
Old 11-29-21, 01:27 AM  
patchworkpenguin

Nora! How is your shoulder doing? I would be very paranoid also :-)

So today’s workout started with Fitness Blender‘s easy cardio warm up I did my paper Biceps and Back which included; W curls, Hammer curls, pledge curls, Reverse curls, overhand wide rows, underhand narrow rows and bird dog. I did two sets of each. Then finished with Focus Fitness’ 30m Dance Walk. Instead of a plain white background Brian seems to be doing his workouts in his home and his change the format a little. I like the changes.

My workout for tomorrow will be Chest and Triceps. I looked at my exercised and realized the majority of them are done laying on my back so I may do a little rearranging over the weekend. Who knows :-) after all this work this week I may enjoy a reclined work out :-)

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-21, 09:12 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Just popping in to say hi and welcome back to NORA!! Of course you're always welcome as you knew. Glad you had an enjoyable time at the cottage and good luck with all the reno projects! Ugh on the icy winter weather!

PENGUIN, so far very impressed with your paper weight workouts.

Hi to CAMBET.

Have a wonderful day.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-21, 05:38 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Thanks for the welcome back, guys.

PP- My shoulder is pretty good. I think I have most of the mobility back, but it still feels weirdish. It feels like there's a pulled muscle deep inside - if that makes any sense. It doesn't really hinder me at all though - except when it comes to my fear of winter walking! Who is that Brian guy? A YouTube find?

Where are you living these days? Did you move?

SB - So sorry to read about your back problems. I think that was beginning last winter...or at least I sort of remember you mentioning it. Not good that it's interfering with your walks.

Well, I had done no strength training for 6 months. Nothing. So I decided to do some today, with the goal of re-incorporating it. I did Chest and Back from Cathe's 4 day split. I also did about 30 minutes of stepping with Patrick G.
Old 11-29-21, 08:45 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, thank you for the compliment on my weight workout :-). I’m exhausted. I know I’m putting a lot more effort into my weight workouts now than I did before.

Nora, Brian is the one who does Focus Fitness. I did his workouts a while back and recently rediscovered him. I’m going through a phase where I only do workouts where they play music and don’t talk to me :-). We have not moved. We are still looking for what we want. Not a lot of people are selling at this point and the prices are getting inflated. Unless our realtor comes up with something spectacular we are giving up until the new year. Hubby did find a house but it’s about $200,000 below market and so we figure there’s something really wrong with it.

Today’s workout started with Madfit 5 Minute warm-up Chest and Triceps and Improved Health’s 50’s and 60’s Walk.

C and T included white bench press, flies, Nero benchpress, skull crushers and Rambo press (my sub for kickbacks). I did two alternating sets of each exercise, 16 reps plus pulses. I alternated the chest and tricep workouts and that was still pretty brutal. Especially for the end of the week, I’m a little sore from all my other workouts, and I cleaned house today. I will probably move Legs to Sunday and maybe rearrange some of the other sets. In order to keep me from getting bored :-) I’m thinking about starting with the second exercise next week.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-21, 08:29 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I'm back home and back to the grind of work. I did a few segments of CH on Saturday and nothing on Sunday, which was a travel and rest day.

Yesterday I did a 39 min (2 mile) walking meeting with a coworker around campus. It was colder than we realized, so we tried to walk fast and stay in the sun as much as possible (neither of us wanted to go back to get our coats; we figured the walk would warm us up. ) Made it to over 12,000 steps for the day.

SB - Glad you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving with family, and an invitation for Christmas Eve to boot! I thought about you when I was on Facebook the other day when this ad for dealing with sciatica pain popped up. I was just about to log off when I saw the word *sciatica* flashing on the screen as part of the ad. I didn't get a good look, but if I pops up again I'll see if it's seems to be something worth passing along.

Penguin- Wow, your paper weight workouts are very thorough! I'm impressed too! You're doing a great job with your workouts!

Nora - Welcome back! Of course you are welcome anytime! I don't think I was posting when you had your accident last winter. Glad to hear that you have mobility back in your shoulder but sorry to hear that it still feels a little weird. Great job with getting back into your workouts! I remember that you got an e-bike at some point. Did you continue to enjoy using it? I had never heard of an e-bike before you mentioned it, but recently I saw a news story about increased e-bike theft in metro areas and I thought about you and the fact that you turned me on to what an e-bike was.
Old 11-30-21, 05:46 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

PP- I checked out Brian today and did a 45 minute walk with him. Thanks! I loved the silence. I was at a good part of my audiobook, so just listened to that and followed along. After that, YouTube loaded another walking vid with Jordan Something. I did another 15 minutes with that guy.

Cambet - I'm glad you're still here! Yes, I thoroughly enjoyed my e-bike this summer. Hands down the best fitness purchase I've made in many years.

SB- I hope all is well.
Old 12-01-21, 09:59 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Saying hi. I do read every day to keep up with you all but it gets a little discouraging when I have nothing to report on the exercise front. I think if the weather were nicer I would be trying a short walk here and there but I'm not used to this cold damp weather yet. We had snow showers all day yesterday even though nothing stuck thankfully. Maybe today...?

PENGUIN, looks like you found a YT weight workout to follow along with. Well done.

CAMBET, good walk and step count.
That's funny that you were walking without coats. Not happening around here for a long time. If you do spot any sciatica tips on FB again I'd love to hear about them.
I was talking to my neighbor the other day and he mentioned he hasn't seen me walking in awhile. So I told him about my sciatica and he says oh you should go see my son. His son is a chiropractor. He said he has a new machine that stretches your back in different directions to relieve the pain.
It sounded like some sort of torture device to me.
I politely told him I'll think about it if things don't improve. lol

NORA, good job getting right back into your winter routine. I have chronic back issues so I may have mentioned something last winter. But this latest bout started at the end of the summer/early fall and it's been a bad one. Worst one in probably 3 years and that one took a year to resolve

I'M GOING TO START THE WINTER THREAD FOR DECEMBER NOW!!!! See you there!!

Have a great day!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vera laro