Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-23-21, 03:30 PM  
Tugger31

Question Bootcamp Like Workouts

I'm enjoying Cathe's Intensity Series Bootcamp style....1 min cardio, 1 minute lower body, 1 minute upper body (due to vertigo I'm doing the no abs premix, getting up and down off the floor that often is no bueno!)

I know she has her ICE Bootcamp Circuit that is the same style.

Are there any others either of Cathe's, through premixes or even non-Cathe instructors someone can suggest? (I previewed the Bootcamp workout on 4 Day Split and it didn't seem to follow this format)

Thanks!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-21, 05:57 PM  
katmom

Cathe’s Strong and Sweaty series has a boot camp workout that follows similar format.
Old 08-23-21, 07:06 PM  
lisa122

I love Intensity Bootcamp too. I think Circuit Blast is similar, kind of. Circuit Blast does 6 rounds and is shorter on time. It also uses the regular step, a band, and dumbbells. These two are my most used Cathe dvds.

Lisa
lisa122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-21, 09:01 PM  
bfit

There is a very old Cathe workout just called "Boot Camp" that is one of my favorites. It is on DVD. If I'm remembering right it has 8 sections consisting of 1 minute cardio, 1 minute lower body, 1 minute upper body, and 1 minute core. The cardio is high impact, but you can modify it.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-21, 07:50 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I think Paul Katami's 4x4 set follows the same format. One minute each of upper body, lower body, core and cardio.

You might also like Shift Shop by Beachbody. You can find it cheap on Ebay, or try it on Beachbody on Demand (they have a free trial, or you may already be a member). There is also Jay Johnson's Bootcamp fitness, but his style is actual drill sergeant, so not sure if that's what you're looking for.
Old 08-25-21, 01:32 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
I think Paul Katami's 4x4 set follows the same format. One minute each of upper body, lower body, core and cardio.
Katami 4x4 is great and has good progression with its circuits/blocks (Paul calls them “quads”).

I also like the ICE and Strong & Sweaty bootcamp workouts.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boot camp, bootcamp, cathe bootcamp