Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-30-21, 02:27 PM  
Leonana

Today was Flow Cardio from Feel Good Fusion. I enjoyed this one a lot.

Donna, I googled and found one website that said reading along with an audio book is effective. However, this hearing technician said I had to be the one reading aloud, and that's what changes the word processing. I didn't find anything else about it in my google search. But I guess I'll give it a try. Haven't started yet though, of course, lol. I'm glad you have a day at home today.

Liz, I hope your booster goes well. Mine is this Friday. I didn't have much of a reaction other than a sore arm, so I don't expect to this time.
Old 12-01-21, 09:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I was feeling the need for some Ellen -

Ellen - Total Body Tune Up - I did feel like I needed a tune up - I'm spending too much time sitting at my desk at home. Not enough movement during the day. That is one downside to working from home - I got more activity in the office - just from walking to the rest room, the printer, to chat w/ someone, plus I also used to go for a walk every afternoon. I'm not sure why I don't just go for a walk every afternoon now - but I don't.

Jessica Valent -Hip and Legs on the floor. I'm definitely aiming to incorporate glute and hip work most days of the week.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 08:38 PM  
Leonana

Today was supposed to be Walk Strong 1 Total Body. But I worked in the yard for an hour bagging up mulch, then another half hour of house cleaning. But I subbed tomorrow’s workout, YT Rise and Shine workout. I added in Doctor Jo’s Back Stretches. Those consisted of bridges, deadbug and bird dog moves. Those are good preventative moves for me, but didn’t relieve my yard work back soreness. I did my glute stretches and back extensions and that helped a lot.

I think I found one of the causes of my sore pirifirmis. I did the leg lifts in Jessica’s workout, and it started getting sore. I did stop doing crunches, but kept doing leg lifts. Well, I think those are out too! Well, until I think I can do them lol. It’s hard for me not to follow the workout exactly!

Donna, I thought I’d start walking outdoors now that the weather is nice. So far I’ve walked once!
Old 12-02-21, 12:08 PM  
Leonana

Today was Walk Strong 1. I used five and six pounds. I watched a video called "Six Exercises I hate, and what to do instead." She is another instructor who doesn't recommend crunches. She suggested doing a suitcase carry. If you want to target one side, then carry the weight with one hand. So I subbed that in for the crunches. I could really feel it in my abs, my back isn't sore, and I was able to use my 15 pound kettlebell. Triple win! I think I've finally found substitutions that I like. Here's the link to the video. https://youtu.be/lGKColArCQE

She basically said that most people don't do crunches correctly, so she recommends other moves. That seemed to be the theme of the video, that few people do these moves correctly and they injure themselves. Justina Ercole said crunches will give you ab definition, but don't improve functional strength that you get from weights.

I'm off to my volunteer filing. I hope everyone has a good Thursday!
Old 12-02-21, 12:35 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Late check in today - one of those days!

So....yesterday I ended up being able to go for a dog walk so that was good and then I got the bug to do CS so I did CS 1217.

Today, so far, has been:

Angie Fitness TV - Holiday Power Walk - this was different than the one I did the other day - she uses a step bench in this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJv5UYRZuGM

Jessica Valent - Hip Pain Routine - I threw the elastic band on for this one and it intensified it nicely!

Yoga w/ Bird - 30 Day Challenge Day #1 -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KUa...jmwNjEIgSCz8as

Sherry - that is interesting research! As I have grown older, I realize that I can't do everything and that is ok - I just try to find substitutes that work for me. No sense causing pain!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 12-03-21, 03:24 AM  
lizh

Sherry
Thanks so much for posting that video from Jane Simmons. We hate all the same exercises! LOL! She had some great substitutions.
Thanks
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 04:44 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Ugh - what a day it has been.

So DD woke up this morning complaining of feeling sick - she said she didn't feel well yesterday either but medicated with OTC Excederin Migraine. But today she had a low grade fever, body aches, chills, a headache and feeling of tightness in her chest. Hmmm..sounds like COVID.

So I spent quite a bit of time hunting up tests - one would think they would be easy to find - not so much. I finally found one which came up negative.

She just had another one, along w/ a flu test at the PCP. So fingers crossed we'll hear that the COVID test is negative. If the flu test is positive, not great, but better than COVID. She has had vaccines for both flu and COVID - so hopefully if she has either one it will be mild. She was planning on getting her booster after finals, so mid-December.

Anyway, she doesn't feel terrible, but she doesn't feel good either.

I'm supposed to get my booster on Sunday and my Dr said as long as I'm not symptomatic I can.

Ugh.

So...that sort of blew my morning.

Also - from my PCP my LDL cholesterol is elevated. So I do really need to make some dietary and exercise changes - I have gotten a bit lazy during the pandemic in terms of exercise and movement and my diet isn't as good as it once was. I don't want to end up taking meds so I want to make some changes. It is just barely high but has been an creeping up. I think some of it may be drinking unfiltered coffee - which I do often particularly working at home (espresso shots)
Oh, and I also need a breast ultrasound...which I have scheduled for Wed. I'm almost positive it is a cyst, but Dr wants an ultrasound.

*sigh*

Before all of the fun this morning I did:

Essentrics - Toning for Beginners - Standing and Barre

I was going to do Annie's PT for Piriformis but that is when my DD came down and told me she was sick.

Hope everyone, including me, has a peaceful weekend!

Donna
Old 12-03-21, 06:03 PM  
Leonana

Today was YT Rest and Relax. I switched the schedule, so tomorrow is barre.

I’m in the Walgreens Clinic waiting area for my booster. My appointment was 3:20 and it’s 3:55. I think I’m next, I hope. They are so busy! Five people waiting for vaccines, and another five in line for prescriptions. Plus all the people in line in the drive through. I feel for the clerks.

I wasn’t thinking earlier today and had a candy bar after lunch. Probably not good for the immune system! But I ate a salad, so hopefully it evens out.

Donna, I’m sorry to hear your dd is sick. I hope her test is negative. Everything is so nerve wracking nowadays! I hope your ultrasound is negative. I’m sure it will be, but it’s probably stressful for you along with everything else going on. Good luck with the diet changes.

ETA: just had my booster! Easiest shot I’ve ever had, didn’t even sting. Now to wait for 15 minutes. I’ll have been here a total of an hour and a half by the time I leave. And the shot took like one second, lol. I guess whether I do the barre workout tomorrow will depend on how I feel.
Old 12-03-21, 06:07 PM  
Leonana

Liz, you’re welcome. I really liked the video too. So far, I love the substitutions. I did the one for side planks, and it felt much more effective.

Donna, it’s funny but Jessica does have some of these moves to avoid in her workouts. But now I have some ways to get around it. I tried my own substitutions, but didn’t like them as well. I really like weights the best, so enjoyed the suitcase carry.
Old 12-03-21, 08:00 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I took the last couple of days off from Lift & Shift and went on a nature walk yesterday during lunch. A local nature preserve has free 'senior walks' for anyone 55+ so I did that and it was fun. Today I went back to L&S. I'm on week 4 now.

Donna, Sorry to hear your DD is sick. Hopefully it's not COVID, but since she's vaccinated, even if it is, she should be ok. I went to my PCP in October and my cholesterol was a little elevated and I've never had that before. I don't have to be on meds, but my PCP said just about all of her patients have the same thing now and it's caused by reduction in activity since COVID started and diet. Hope your ultrasound is ok. I've had to go for those too and it's nerve wracking, but my gyn told me it happens to a lot of women and the vast majority are nothing to be concerned about.

Sherry, Congrats on getting the booster, LOL. Mine didn't hurt either and I'm glad I got it.

Waves to Liz and Pam!

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy