Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-30-21, 08:56 PM  
Diana3271

Thumbs up December 2021 ~ Walk On & On ~ New Check-In Buddies Are Always Welcome!

What started as a Leslie walk challenge has morphed into a wide variety of workouts and lots of support and encouragement! Join us, if you're looking for a friendly check-in, that's not limited to one type of exercise!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 01:10 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I've been fighting a cold. I've been using Cubii Jr, an under desk elliptical that I use while sitting on the loveseat. It shapes the legs and butt better than anything.

I used to love latkes but with chronic pancreatitis everything that tastes good is bad for me.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 09:22 AM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes strength training.

Linda, wow, if you found something that shapes the legs and butt better than anything while sitting that is something fantastic. Sounds good. Sorry about the cold. I must say that latkes are not exactly the best thing to eat and we just had 1/2 of one apiece. We brought a nice young track star to the Hanukkah event we attended and he refused to eat his as he thought it was too much oil. So probably not the most healthy food for anyone. I find that donuts mess with my stomach so I can't eat them now even though I love them and I normally don't have stomach issues.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 09:46 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Maybe I need a Cubii Jr, LOL. I can use it while I am on the computer.

Steps from yesterday: 4500

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 12-01-21, 07:14 PM  
seabliss

I want a Cubil Jr! Sounds perfect.

Lynn, we are doing the donut thing tomorrow night with our friends for Hanukkah. I'm not a big donut person as they give me indigestion. Duck Donuts do not. I think they use a different kind of oil. Donuts are not something Portugal does amazingly, but they do have pastelarias on every corner with delicious pastries, for those who have a sweet tooth (mine comes and goes).

I am also fighting a cold. DH caught one roaming all around Portugal with a visitor from the US. In spite of all my vitamins, I sound like a bass right now, haha. This morning my sore lower body (from the workout two days ago) was so bad that even my lower back hurt. It hurt to walk. I know this was the sickness. So no workout today. But I did get well over 10k steps seeing Porto turn on the Christmas lights tonight
Old 12-01-21, 08:17 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, thank you for starting our month -- December already!

Still experiencing a bit of gastric distress. I walked outside today, at the outdoor mall, with bathroom stops at Target and Kohls. I think the morning coffee, second cup, was not a good idea. I've been fine since the afternoon.

Stopped at Michael's craft store & got yarn for my annual baby blanket to knit. We bring baby gifts to the Christmas Eve service, and they're given to the local women's shelter.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 10:17 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Cheryl Feel better soon.

Cynthia I hope things have calmed down by now.

Check-In: 50 minute walk & Denise Austin's Standing Ab workout (I liked it)

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 12-02-21, 08:43 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 12,006

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 12-02-21, 01:28 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

No workout yet. Maybe today. I need to do weights. My SO will arrive tomorrow evening maybe. He never tells me so I can be surprised. He'll leave early on Monday because he has to work that night so he'll sort of be here for my birthday.

Lynn, since I can't have latkes I had French fries in the air fryer. Not the same but good enough. It's hard to cook when SO is here. He's diabetic and has to watch carbs. Carbs are about all I can eat because I get sick when I eat fat. The young track star needs to have something good once in awhile just for fun if he can. Or maybe not. I had one slice of pizza in August to be sociable and spent that night in the hospital. The SO says it's good that he's here when it happens. I'd rather he didn't see me passed out on the bathroom floor, among other things. He keeps coming back so he's a good man.

Cheryl, I hope you feel better.

Cynthia, are you feeling better?

Hi Diana.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-21, 05:08 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes. This one was more traditional barre 3 and felt surprisingly good.

Linda, sounds hard managing all the food issues. How is your SO doing? My DH is also diabetic, but he manages to eat a fair amount of carbs and do ok with it. For you, it sounds like you should remain unsociable although it is sad never to be able to eat pizza. But not sad enough to end up in the hospital.

Cheryl and Cynthia, feel better soon!

Cheryl, hope these donuts are ok on your stomach!

Diana, nice steps!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote