Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-30-21, 09:50 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

We got a reprieve from going into the office today! My boss wasn't feeling well. So I'm happy to be working from home today.

Today's workouts were:

Angie Fitness TV - Holiday Power Walk (You Tube) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAn4WsjOP1c

This was a fun walking workout - not overly challenging, but fun.

Annie Pilates Physical Therapist - Piriformis Syndrome - Mobility
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVQ_k4Wk8C4

After the new year I may re-try Angie Fitness TV's "over 40" program - I started it last year and didn't finish it - it looks manageable - 30 minutes or so a day. And, it is a 30 day program, but I will do best if I don't force myself to finish it in 30 days to allow for some variety here and there.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Summer Breeze -I find that I'm getting quite a bit of benefit from the PT style workouts I'm doing. I think my butt is perpetually asleep since I spend my entire day sitting on it I hope you find some relief soon!

Pat - yes, I do try to keep moving even if not 100% motivated. It is just a habit for me now - literally like brushing my teeth. I feel like I can't get my day started w/out some movement even if it is 10 or 15 min.

Waves, Diane - now I'm curious about Terrafit, too. Off to look that up.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-21, 11:02 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post

Diane, what is Terrafit? That's a new one. Annie Pilates PT sounds interesting. We might be getting some snow Thursday.
Terrafit is a fitness program that is tied in with essential oils, basically another multi-marketing company like Herbalife, etc. Originally the workouts did not get good reviews but they are OK. For me, it's what I make of it and as someone who has exercised basically most of my life, I can pretty much make any program work. I'm not 100% sold on their essential oils (one one video they actually add some lemon essential oils to their water bottles and drink it - ummmm, not sure about that) but I don't pay much mind.

Their workouts are circuit style, 4 different exercises, done twice, then 4 different cardio moves (not sure how many times as I fast forwarded). The moves are basic but I found to be effective and good. If I sweat, I'm good!

HTH!!!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 09:18 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies! I just can't believe it's December. Yesterday featured:

~ YWK 20 Minute Morning Yin Yoga Stretch Full Body
~ Jane Fonda Walk Out, level 2
~ 7,106 steps

This time the TG leftovers really are gone - I've been finishing off the cranberry sauce in my oatmeal. Yum.

Diane, interesting about essential oils and fitness combined. It sounds like you can make any routine work for you.

Donna, you have me sold on Annie's Pilates. I'm going to visit her channel right now.

Have a wonderful day Summer Breeze and anyone who follows.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 09:41 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Just popping in to say hi. I do read every day to keep up with you all but don't have anything to contribute on the exercise front.
If the weather were a little nicer I probably would try a short walk but I'm just not used to this cold damp weather yet. We had snow showers all day yesterday but nothing stuck thankfully. Maybe today...?

PAT, good job on the workouts. Cranberry sauce in oatmeal sounds delish! I rarely do MR's warmups when I do her workouts I hate to say. lol

DONNA, good to see those PT exercises working so well for you. I am seeing some slight improvement I think so maybe I need to start slowly experimenting with some exercises and assess from that point.

DIANE, some good workouts for you. This is a slow road to getting better for sure.

Happy December everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 09:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I was feeling the need for some Ellen -

Ellen - Total Body Tune Up - I did feel like I needed a tune up - I'm spending too much time sitting at my desk at home. Not enough movement during the day. That is one downside to working from home - I got more activity in the office - just from walking to the rest room, the printer, to chat w/ someone, plus I also used to go for a walk every afternoon. I'm not sure why I don't just go for a walk every afternoon now - but I don't.

Jessica Valent -Hip and Legs on the floor. I'm definitely aiming to incorporate glute and hip work most days of the week.

Pat - I'm having some good luck w/ Annie's channel. I feel sore in my glutes these days which I am taking as a good sign - like a muscular soreness like things are waking up in that area. Since the JV workout I did today was short, I'll probably add another 10 min on later today. Caroline Jordan has some good stuff, too!

Diane - Terrafit does look interesting....

Waves, Summer Breeze!

Donna
Old 12-02-21, 09:15 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Yesterday was a bust. Started out very well with a nice meditation and yoga, but then I faded fast. Just YWK Morning Yoga Movement Day 5 - Best Yoga to Wake Up plus 5,000 steps.

Tonight is my office Christmas party, and I'm looking forward to arriving home from it, ha ha.

Donna I almost pulled out an Ellen last night but was too tired. I get "needing an Ellen." It sounds like Annie is really helping, good thing!

Summer Breeze - those MR warmups really can be goofy. She seems to be hearing joyous sound waves from another planet.

Good morning to Diane and anyone who visits today!
Old 12-02-21, 09:36 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

41 minute outdoor walk

Yes you read that correctly. It was a fairly decent day and my pain has been somewhat lessening so I decided to try a short walk. Well my friend called while I was walking and we got to talking and I wound up walking longer than I had planned. It went ok. I felt ok during the walk going a little more slowly than usual because I do still have some pain but I don't think it made anything worse at least. By the end of the day I had more pain but I had been doing some other things around the house so not sure if it was the walking.
Today I feel like I have been feeling lately, still pain but manageable. I may try for another walk today since we should be in the 50s!!

PAT, yoga is always a good way to start the day. Wow that's an early Christmas party!
Enjoy arriving home! LOL

DONNA, glad Ellen fit the bill for you. I've been following that CS thread on GD. I'm tempted.

Hi DIANE!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-21, 10:07 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning from rainy Upstate NY!

At least it's not snow!!!!! Still busy getting ready for the floors to be started on Monday. I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about the floors, where to put the cats, how are we going to move the furniture, etc. I tend to be my own worst enemy with worrying.

Anyway, to the workouts:
Monday - Real Fit TV Step Workout then Lesley 15 minute yoga flow.

Tuesday - pushups, Body Electric Series 1300, Show 13, followed by Lesley Yoga for the Core

Wednesday - Treadmill run, followed by Lesley Yoga for flexibility

Thursday - pushups, Body Electric Series 1300, Show 14, followed by Lesley Vinyasa flow.

Pat I never thought about putting the cranberry sauce in oatmeal! Damn - it's all gone but now I may have to get some to give it a try. Have fun at the Christmas party!

Donna I remember a thread quite a while ago with a lot of complaints about Terrafit (no relation to the TerraCore piece of equipment). I very rarely Joni O any workouts because I can usually find a way to make them work. The instructor's presentation and cueing are both good - worth a try!

Summer Breeze I'm so happy to hear you were able to get a walk in!!!! Baby steps. I walked a lot slower. Maybe compression sleeves would help? I wear one on each hamstring ONLY when I run or drive for more than an hour. They have helped me. I have several kinds - Bauerfeind and Pure Athlete and am happy with both.

Anyway, that's about it! I'm pet sitting a good friend's dog. She's immobile and old but still playful and eats with gusto. He asked me what I thought and honestly, I don't think she's ready to check out just yet. He just started a new job with the State of NY and has never left her for long periods of time as he was - and still is - a realtor for the last 20 years. I go to his house at 12, check her diaper, carry her outside to try to pee (she's very overweight at this point thanks to steroids) and generally just love her up. He and his partner both love her to pieces and I'm happy to help them out.

That's about it - have a great day!!!!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-21, 12:30 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Late check in today - one of those days!

So....yesterday I ended up being able to go for a dog walk so that was good and then I got the bug to do CS so I did CS 1217.

Today, so far, has been:

Angie Fitness TV - Holiday Power Walk - this was different than the one I did the other day - she uses a step bench in this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJv5UYRZuGM

Jessica Valent - Hip Pain Routine - I threw the elastic band on for this one and it intensified it nicely!

Yoga w/ Bird - 30 Day Challenge Day #1 -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KUa...jmwNjEIgSCz8as

Another use for cranberries is to blend them into some plain Greek Yogurt!

Summer Breeze - I'm glad you were able to get out to walk and I hope you continue to be able to do so!!

Diane - the dog you are sitting sounds a bit like my Lab. She is still able to go out by herself, still had a good appetite, but is pretty much a couch potato these days due to arthritis, etc.

Pat - LOL on the Xmas party!!

Donna
Old 12-03-21, 09:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone!! The Christmas party was actually very nice. I was surprised how much I enjoyed seeing the extended office "family" and it was in a beautiful restaurant. To prepare for the calorie overload, I accomplished:

~ yes2next 10 Minute Indoor Walking Workout for Seniors
~ LWR's new Winter Wonderland Workout
~ LWR 7 Minute Lower Body Workout
~ Yoga With Bird Yoga for Lower Back Pain
~ 7,542 steps

The yes2next workout was good for the office - it is geared towards gentle movement for seniors, and I was able to pep it up at my own pace yet it was low key enough where I didn't get winded or sweaty at work.

Lucy's new Wonderland workout was fun!! Only 7 minutes and a mood lifter with lots of animals.

Is anyone here happy that it's FRIDAY?????

Summer Breeze what good news to read. Are you going to rest today?

We had rain too Diane, but I appreciated the warmer temp. Aw, you're so sweet to care for the senior dog, especially in light of the incontinence.

Donna, good to hear you got to walk with your Golden. Cranberries in the Greek yogurt sounds good, too - I'll have to make more next year. I just learned of the Yoga with Bird challenge and will start today.

Enjoy your Friday everyone!

Tags
jim fixx