Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-30-21, 04:01 PM  
seabliss

Today I did an upper body strength workout from Zanna. I am thankful for these workouts that have exercises I can do with my single set of dumbbells. I'm also getting much better at decentric pushups or whatever they are called, because she likes those.

Cynthia, glad you are almost done with colonoscopies! They seem hateful. DH has had one or two because his mother died of colon cancer. Your friend sounds like a gem.

Lynn, thank you for letting me know that you weren't offended by the turkey talk! So nice that you had a Zoom celebration with your DS. We did have latkes last night, and when we go back Thursday, we will have donuts. The medical history of DH took place in the States. We shouldn't have disclosed it because they cannot learn anything on their own anyway, and as it turns out, there is no paper trail on the cancer, being that it was so long ago and he was cured. And to exclude him from cancer coverage of any kind is completely unfair. The healthcare is good and cheap here, but he should be covered.

Diana, your Thanksgiving meal sounds perfect. Stuffing was the one thing we couldn't have, and I think it's my favorite part of the dinner. Cornbread stuffing is delicious! One expat made big pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting, and they were amazing. She had to strain real pumpkin through coffee filters to make it, because there is no canned pumpkin puree here. So much work, but they were a big hit!

Tomorrow two big things happen here: the Christmas lights in the city come on at 5:30 (which will be so beautiful--they've been hanging them for weeks), and new covid regulations go into effect, at least through the beginning of January.

They are quite strict and conservative here, but it will be ok. We managed to get our EU vaccine QR codes, which will be required for restaurants. It's crazy--bars, clubs, and hotels will require a covid test in addition to the code. I feel bad for those establishments. But somehow places that are designates as cafes do not have the requirement (and they are pretty much restaurants). So silly. Anyway, we will be ok. Until the first week of January, when everyone will have to stay home for a week. Hopefully that will only be for a week. Looking forward to seeing the holidays in Portugal, though!
Old 11-30-21, 08:16 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

No workout to report. My tummy was fussy about solid food.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-21, 08:54 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I helped in the office at church today and didn't have time for a workout.

Cheryl I love cream cheese frosting.

Cynthia I had the never ending prep when I had my colonoscopy. The prep took a while to start and then it kept going for a couple of days. We evening had to delay a trip out of town for a couple of days.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-21, 08:56 PM  
Diana3271

Getting us started:http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232064

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-21, 09:08 PM  
lynnf

finishing up with barre 3 cardio 30 minutes and a short walk.

Cheryl, glad you will get good health coverage in Portugal.

Cynthia, you need to take it easy day after.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote