Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-29-21, 06:21 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
Today was Hips, Thighs & Abs with Pam Cauthen Meriwether This DVD has a floor workout and an ab workout. I only did the floor workout today. If I do it again, I will do it on the floor and not bother with the box or sculpting stick. I decided to use a hand held weight for the thigh work since the stick was a bit awkward for me. It was also a bit annoying to adjust the box. I used to do the ab workout regularly over 10 years ago. I will try it again soon. However, I just got my Essentrics Vol. 1 in the mail today and wanted to do one of the stretching workouts instead. I did workout #3 and it was just what I needed
I have this workout and do the ab work on the floor. I cannot seem to get doing ab work on the transfirmer. I feel like I work my arms more than my abs by holding on to the top of the transfirmer so I don't slide down. Since that defeats the purpose of ab work, I just move to the floor. Maybe there is a secret to form I'm missing.
Old 11-29-21, 06:26 PM  
wendug

Today was the pink Firm Cardio Party. I've had a slight headache most of the day and just wanted to move to something fun. This is just the workout for it. Poor Annie looks a bit awkward in this workout in the dancey sections, but she does seem to be having fun.
Old 11-29-21, 08:03 PM  
MoFirmer

I like to use a small portion of yoga mat on my incline to stop the sliding. It helps a lot!
Old 11-30-21, 12:06 AM  
Venus

I did The Firm: Hard Core Fusion (57 min) with Allie Del Rio Pointer today. It was fun! Allie is a great instructor and I liked the background exercisers (which included Rebekah and Alison). They use light and medium weights, but only use the light weights to combine with the medium weights. It would be better to have medium and heavy weights for this if doubling up bothers your hands.

I meant to do this one Sunday evening, since I missed my Firm workout on Monday, but I lay down for a moment and fell asleep I also missed my evening yoga yesterday, so I doubled up for tonight. I did these after my Firm workout:

Yoga with Adriene: Total Body Deep Stretch 45 min
Yoga with Adriene: Yoga Joy 19 min
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-21, 06:34 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
. I did these after my Firm workout:

Yoga with Adriene: Total Body Deep Stretch 45 min
This one looks perfect for after a hard workout. I find doing relaxing stretches after a workout helps me to keep from being sore. I can also go deeper into the stretches

Today was Vol. 3 with Sandahl Bergman I thought the aerobics were quirky, but fun. I also like the tall box work. There's a lot to like about this workout. It's solid and fun, but not overwhelming.
Old 11-30-21, 07:04 PM  
gladgirl

Vol 1 This one is still one of my beloved workouts.
Tough and makes me feel toasty.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 11:57 AM  
kat999

Today I did Express Cycle 4 Cardio + Sculpt and Sculpt, for a total of 40 minutes. These are two of Kelsie's in this set, and her cycle is my favorite. I did some modifications on the bursts to alleviate boredom and got a good calorie burn. Used 4, 6, and 8 lb. weights.
Old 12-01-21, 06:44 PM  
Karla25

I'm happy to extend TheFIRM challenge through December -if there's any interest. However, I probably will only do up to 4 Firm workouts a week. I enjoy my restorative and other workouts too.

I had planned on doing Tough Aerobic Mix today, but with everything going on, I needed a bit of gentle Ellen instead. So, tonight's workout was Ellen's 30-Minute Feel Good Fusion followed by Elastics Lite. This morning was CS.
Old 12-02-21, 08:33 PM  
Venus

My workout on Wednesday was:

The Firm: Sculpt-ilates with Robyn Johnson 50 min
Yoga with Adriene: Yoga to Shift Perspective 20 min

Sculpt-ilates is chaptered, so it would be easy to do either the standing or the mat portions for a shorter workout. The standing portions were 20 minutes total; I think it would be great for a light day. I wasn't feeling great and nearly skipped the workout. I'm glad I didn't- it was light and relaxing. I used a resistance tube and, since I was tired, felt like it would slip in some of the exercises. I want to try using light weights another time. I liked Robyn Johnson as an instructor. She said to reach "toward the stars" during some of the moves, which I thought was sweet.

I've been doing The Firm 3x/week and planned to continue through this week. I haven't decided what I'm doing for December yet; I might continue with The Firm.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 01:33 PM  
gladgirl

Red face

Karla,
Just wanted to say thanks for this thread. It kept me accountable.

I also learned about a few more FIRM workouts I missed along the way.

I will continue on my FIRM workouts during Dec, but will need to scale back to just 2, focused, again, on the sculpting ones. This month is off the charts crazy so far and it's only day 3!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awt, circuit training, circuit workouts, firm, firm history, firm rotation, janet jones gretzky, the firm