Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-25-21, 09:06 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!

Today’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics
~10 min rowing, 10 min gliding, 10 min gentle rebounding
~BellyFit: Open & Receive - This is one of Alice’s new 20 min ones, more of a gentle Sage style, very nice & music was good.
~Gentle stretches, yin poses, & acupressure on my own

Cyana - Chicken carcasses never go to waste here either. Good luck in your search for new fitness toys and socks. I love MELT & the roller is so much nicer than my old foam roller as it’s not as thick and it’s softer. I have some other balls I sub for the foot kit as it’s sooooo expensive to buy or have it shipped up here. They work fine.

Pat - I hope had a lovely day & you feel better, there’s nothing like a long yin stretch when one is stiff & sore.

Margot - I hope you feel better soon! I like Alice’s Chakra series, have done three. They are filmed in her home studio (just a few blocks from me ) & it’s bright and pleasant. They are nothing new really, but fun with good music. They are an hour & the first 35-40 min are cardio followed by an isolation exercise and/or a stretch. So pretty standard BF fare. I just bought three of her short 20 min ones on sale, had one already so now I have all four. I hope she will do more of them.

KarenJo - Your pumpkin cake sounds yummy!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 09:47 PM  
JustSandra

Hi everyone!

Today's Workout: Oh come on, I'm kidding!

Had a nice family (all four of us!) Thanksgiving luncheon where my niece is housesitting. It's a large, rambling, comfy house on five acres of wooded property with a little pond. I wish I had had more time to walk around! There was a corral with two ponies and two horses. I was able to pet one horse and one pony! I saw the kittens but they were too shy for cuddling. The house belongs to my niece's friend, a single woman with two teenage kids. My niece says her friend has all kinds of projects, including teaching yoga in the living room and renting portions of the house out as an Airbnb. It was a treat to visit.

Linda: Glad you dropped by!

Cyana: My niece has a set of crystal singing bowls that she uses in some of her yoga workshops.

Everyone take care!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 10:30 PM  
Garrie A.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my Mat Maven friends!!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-21, 11:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I hope everyone have a wonderful day. I got no formal exercise done but enjoyed the day very much. My organic chicken was juicy and flavorful, all the vegetables were divine. We went to my niece's for pies, which were out of this world. I had some of my own easy pie just now OMG it tastes like a roofing shingle compared.

I'll be getting back on the wagon after my next slice of shingle hidden with some ice cream. DS and I will probably walk it off.

Happy recovery day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-21, 12:22 PM  
cyana

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSandra View Post

Today's Workout: Oh come on, I'm kidding!
Sandra - I cracked up when I read this! It sounds like you had a delightful Thanksgiving day and I'm sure the horse and pony were more than happy to have a little petting therapy. I've become obsessed with singing bowls since I went to the sound bath several years ago, as I'm sure everyone has figured out. If I ever won the lottery (alas, as DH says, one must play the lottery in order to win ), I'd have someone like your niece come to my house at least weekly for a private sound bath. Powerful stuff!

Pam
- Based on your recommendation, I bit the bullet and did a six month subscription to MELT method on demand, which came with the mini foot ball kit and I purchased the foam roller. Holy hockey balls, her shipping fees are exorbitant! I cringe to think what it would cost to have it shipped to Canada. I have an old foam roller (the ancient white foam version) and even that is just too intense for some uses. I previewed the free class that Sue has on her site before plunking down my money. I must get serious (translated: consistent) about working on my hip pain and exhaust all conservative options. This has become a major quality of life issue, and I know you get it since you've been trying to work through your own hip wonkiness. If you don't mind, I have an Essentrics/CS question. Many days, my hips feel worse after doing CS. When you were training, did they address that? I know Miranda says we should work through discomfort, but back off if something is painful. For me, it isn't so much that what I'm doing is painful at the time, although my range of motion is quite restricted, particularly when it comes to external rotation of the hip joints, so I must adjust my stance. My plies are quite tragic! Hours later my hip(s) may be screaming, but not always. I think the method has great value, and Miranda has said that changing muscles is quick, but ligaments and tendons can take much longer - even years. I'm happy to take this off-line, if you'd prefer. I may need to stick to AB-type classes, even though that can get somewhat repetitive.

Garrie - I hope you, S.O., and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Pat - LOL on the reference to Shingle Pie. My chicken also turned out really well, despite the fact I was afraid I'd murdered it, as the meat thermometer quickly shot up to an alarming reading when I took it out of the oven.

Waves to ALL. Time to continue my on-line shopping. I'm hoping to pick up some food items and such to use as Christmas gifts. I was hoping one of the continuing education providers would have a Black Friday special, but no dice. MUST set aside some time this week-end to work on CE for my license renewal.

No work-out yet. I woke up with a headache, perhaps caffeine withdrawal, since I hadn't had coffee or black tea in several days. I had several cups of coffee, and it seems to have eased off. I see that Dirish has a new yin class on MFML, so I may do that later. And Mimi has a new class - Qi Gong for Anxiety. Decisions, decisions.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-21, 01:00 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Cyana - Sent you a PM.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 11-26-21, 02:29 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Cyana, I haven't checked out the sale at Video Fitness DVD yet. I need to take a peek and see if there is anything calling to me. I do want to browse other websites online to see if I can find any bargains I'm interested in.
I never heard of a tongue drum before. What an unusual instrument! It sounds nice. Thanks for sharing that with us.
Did you ever have a consultation with your doctor about your hip pain?

Pam, I like your avatar!

Sandra, your Thanksgiving sounds like it was a lot of fun. I would love to walk around those 5 acres in the woods where you were.

Pat, I'm laughing at your roofing shingle pie, LOL! Fortunately, I had no cooking snafus yesterday.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-21, 08:11 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

Today's Workout: Was a disappointment. I don't usually work out on Fridays but since I wasn't at the library I thought I'd do something fun and pulled out Kick Butt Floor Burn with Tamela Hastie. Although I still love the colorful over-the-top set, the workout itself felt like a waste of time. The actual lower body exercises were way too easy, and were interrupted by bits of yoga, some push-ups, etc. Ended up Joni O.'ing this one, and it is going into the Inactive Box. Earlier today I walked outside for about 1.5 hours.

Cyana: My niece has been leading monthly sound bath workshops. She says several of her students are repeat customers.

Garrie: Hi there!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-21, 11:53 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello Mat Mavens!

Today’s activities:
~Neighbourhood walk, we had a break in the rain but apparently another atmospheric river is on the way.
~BellyFit Chakra Series: Heart Chakra, first 40 min - Alice’s mom joined her for this one, so much fun. She is like an older version of Alice, the same infectious smile & zest for life.
~Essentrics TV: Season 14, episode 2, Hamstring Stretch
~MELT: Back, hip, & knee map

Thanks Paine, I was looking for a zen Christmas image and that tree fit the bill.

Pat - I am a good cook, but a rather pathetic baker. I think it’s just too exact a science for me, lol. I don’t bake pies, but if I did roofing shingle would probably be an apt description.

Sandra - What an idyllic setting for your Thanksgiving celebration! The sound bath workshops sound lovely, reminds me I should revisit the sound bath meditations I enjoyed on Insight Timer. Sorry your workout today was a dud!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 11-27-21, 08:29 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quick hit - had a nice long walk with DS yesterday, 7,000 steps. I made a huge pot of soup in the IP using up all our veggies plus six cups of root veggies.

Waves all! I'll read and catch up soon.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote