Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-24-21, 09:36 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Yesterday I went to a birthday party instead of working out.

Today's Workout: The Upper Body routine from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3. I hope her new offerings will include some upper body stuff, as she's my favorite instructor for that.

Yogapam and Pat: Hope you both are feeling better soon.

Beth: Enjoy your holiday!

Karen Jo: So glad the follow-up test was negative!

Margot: Thanks for all your notes on CS Season 14 episodes. I appreciate hearing about them even though I don't have immediate plans to purchase this season. I'm definitely looking forward to the visit to the horse farm tomorrow. No riding, though! However, I would love to pay a social call on the horses if it is allowed.

Paine: The instructor in the free YouTube Buti yoga video was definitely in great shape! I am wondering if my niece might be interested in getting certified in Buti -- will have to ask her tomorrow. I think it would definitely appeal to her New Age sensibilities.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-21, 11:53 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I am rallying, thanks for the well wishes!

Today’s gentle movement:
~Neighbourhood walk
~Essentrics practice & class prep
~PT exercises
~MELT: hip & leg focus
~Gentle stretches, yin poses, & acupressure on my own

Wishing all who celebrate a very…..

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 09:19 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Thanksgiving!

The big day is here. Wishing you all health, happiness and abundance.

I didn't have any formal exercise yesterday but racked up 7,200 steps bustling around. My pumpkin pie in the crappy premade frozen crust doesn't look half bad. It sure smelled wonderful and I'm looking forward to trying it later. I had a scary bout of chills and muscle aches in the night, thinking "oh man not now," but thankfully it was gone when I woke up. I'm wicked sore and looking forward to a longer yin practice soon.

Pam, please feel better soon. Life has sure been throwing you some curveballs.

Best to all! I'm so grateful for your inspiration and company.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 09:46 AM  
Twigs

Wishing you all a very Happy and Memorable Thanksgiving.

I thought I'd start the day gently with:
- YoQi Eight Silk Brocades (YT) Now I'm getting back into Qigong again and have cancelled most of my subscriptions, I'm thinking of re-subscribing to Marisa's channel for a short while.

Pam - I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Stomach issues certainly wear you down. I notice Bellyfit has a 50% discount site-wide at the moment. I was wondering what your thoughts are on the Chakra series please?

Pat - Your pumpkin pie smells good from here. I'm glad the chills came to nothing. I woke up at 4 am with a non bacterial UTI. I'm managing it ok but resting until the pain eases off.

Happy day to you all and thank you for welcoming me into your group.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 12:17 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Happy Thanksgiving!

Oh, Margo, UTIs of any ilk are no fun. I was thinking what an extra pain to have to deal with one on a holiday when everything is closed, but then realized it's not a holiday there. Hope it's sorted soon.

Good to hear Pat and Pam are both doing OK. Pam, I do expect you're just as glad it's not a big meal day for you, though.

I'll be making this Paleo Pumpkin Gingerbread Cake today, though without the frosting.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 01:19 PM  
cyana

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful to be off work today, the sun is shining and I indulged myself with a long work-out session this AM. Oh, and I slept on some new organic flannel sheets last night.

Today (so far):
meditation and breath work (30 minutes)
Essentrics - a live class with Gail - AM Stretch (the notification popped up on my phone and I literally had 8 minutes to pull myself together)
ETV - Season 14, episode 1 (lovely vineyard, Miranda was focused - included windmills, picking up the gold ball and the baby bird, bicycles, drawing the alphabet with your toe - all standing)
MFML - Breath Work for When You Don't Know What to Do - Kiranjot (she's a Kundalini instructor and I was pleasantly surprised by crystal singing bowls )
So that led down a singing bowl bowl rabbit hole, LOL!!
YT - Quick 11 minute Chakra Tune-Up - Temple Sounds. This is the one I've done a million times and I used the hand massager over my chakras (gentle setting) up to the neck and then gave myself a good massage
YT - Quick 11 Minute Chakra Tune-Up by the Redwood Tree - Temple Sounds
YT - Healing 10 Minute Sound Bath - Our Own - posted 5.31.2020 and done by a young woman named Thalia. I loved this one and was massively tingly. Can't wait to play around with this one again.
YT - Sound Bath Experience - Our Own - posted 2.26.2021 - this was led by a couple who appeared to be sitting in a tropical setting with lush greenery and birds singing. She used an instrument near the end that I wasn't familiar with. I only had a minute to search, it may be a version of a Hang (smaller than this one and gold in color) https://lonerwolf.com/sound-healing-therapy/ . I'm going to spend more time with that link and read more about various sound bath instruments since my first sound bath experience at my neighborhood yoga studio was over the moon amazing. I'll do more research on that later.

My Thanksgiving chicken is in the oven. I'm using Ina Garten's roasted chicken recipe, but subbing out some of the veggies. I'm going to made a couple of sides and will likely just have a hot cup of golden milk for my "dessert". Since it's just me and DH, I'm not doing anything fancy.

Pat - Mmmm.....I love to smell pumpkin pie baking. I'm thinking some yin needs to be in my future, too. I was going to do yin this AM, but it got so darned cold in the bedroom after the thermostat set itself back this morning - I had to do my last sound baths under the cover!

KarenJo - Thanks for solving the bug on the foot mystery with Jane's videos. Bummer on your husband's procedure being postponed, but I'm happy that you're all well and able to enjoy the holiday. Looks like you got some good deals at Mary's sale. Thanks for the recipe link - I saved that to try later when I have some almond butter.

Beth - Glad you made it safely and didn't end up on a Crazy People Flight. The son of one of my co-workers had a massive flight delay earlier this week when he was flying home from college. Apparently most of the people on his flight were college/university students flying out late in the day, and he said aside from them all starving to death because there wasn't any food out on the concourse and everything had been shut down (and they weren't able to grab any dinner), they were all well-behaved. It was probably close to 3 AM before he got home!

Sandra - A birthday party sounds like a nice change of pace. Can't wait to hear about your Thanksgiving at the horse farm - and happy to hear that you have good weather.

Margot - Oh no on the UTI. Knock on wood, I haven't had one in many years, but they would also pop up in the middle of the night or some other massively inconvenient time. You'll have to let me know if Marisa is posting new practices if you decide to subscribe. I have several of her latest DVD's that I still need to try.

Pam - I'm glad you made it home safely, but bummer on the stomach issues. I'm glad things are improving for you.

Paine - I wonder if Amazon has The Red Shoes. I'll try to remember to look this week-end. Hope you and your family having a wonderful meal together today.

Must get back to the kitchen and start on the veggies. Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 02:00 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Happy Thanksgiving.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 03:25 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Just a short bedtime stretch yesterday, but got 6531 steps. So far today a brisk 1 mile dog walk and already just 50 shy of my minimum 4400 steps. And the cake is cooling.

Amazon Prime does have The Red Shoes. $3.99 to rent or $14.99 to buy. I've watched it once in the past. Well done but more melodrama than I prefer. Says the woman (me) who watches a Hallmark movie with her husband every night and started the Christmas ones on November 1.

I should mention that I leave out the lemon peel and add about 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts to that cake. It's surprisingly cakey with no variety of flour in it. We have a brownie recipe that uses up the rest of the can of pumpkin but I'll need to search for that recipe.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 03:50 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate this day!

Pam, I hope you feel better soon!

KarenJo, I look forward to hearing your thoughts about what you bought at Total Fitness DVD.
I bet your Paleo Pumpkin Gingerbread Cake will be delicious!
Thank you for the link to The Red Shoes.

Pat, give your son extra hugs!
I too am so grateful for everyone's inspiration and company here in this check-in.

Margot, hope that UTI resolves soon. Those are uncomfortable.

Hello to Cyana, Linda, Garrie, Carolyn, Beth and all who visit!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 07:10 PM  
cyana

A Tongue Drum was the instrument I was trying to identify earlier: https://gongs-unlimited.com/collecti...15388221997130 . There are multiple video links with different ones.

The leftovers are packed away in the refrigerator, the kitchen is cleaned up and I have a pot of chicken bone broth simmering away on the stove. No chicken carcass goes wasted in my house.

I've been cruising about the internet lusting for all sorts of fitness sale items. Everything from MELT to just about every system Jill Miller has. I'm definitely feeling like a stiff, achy, very old lady these days and I need to work on that! YMAA is going to have a 60% off sale tomorrow. Mary has her usual sale going on - if you don't mind used DVD's, she has some exceptional prices if there's anything you're interested in. Anyone else doing shopping - fitness or otherwise?

Linda - I'd been thinking about you. Hope you and MM are well. Remember those sticky socks you gifted me some years back? OMG - getting ready to have to retire those as I wore them (and washed them) until I wore big holes in the heels. They were definitely much appreciated. I will likely be shopping for new ones tomorrow. Costco isn't selling my favorite trail socks anymore (I wore them for every day), so I'm definitely going to be on a sock-replenishing mission, as I've worn those out also!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote