Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-15-21, 07:30 AM  
Twigs

- HealthBarre 5/5 - It's the only program that's noticeably changed my body over the past 30 years. Sandra is lovely and very responsive to questions.

- ETV 4/5 - I've enjoyed the regular live classes since lockdown. I agree that lately the classes seem to be geared more towards entry level. I'm not keen either on most of the newer instructors; most of the routines are 'same old same old'. If Gail had her own streaming site, I'd definitely subscribe. A few months ago, her classes had some really great tough leg work I hadn't ever seen before. I loved those.

- Movement for Modern Life 4/5 -Love the great price (also got the forever 50% off discount price) and the 3 new classes added each week. I like the few Pilates classes they offer too and some of their meditation practices.

- Body Groove 4/5 -Fun dance routines and great music. I'm liking the recently released 15 minute workouts by Heather and Miranda. I think the site could be set up better; it's a bit of a muddle. I'm disappointed that they are not very responsive to emails. In fact, I never get any emails from them.

- Katy Bowman 4/5 - I took advantage of her special rate, which I believe expires at the end of the year. It was a good refresher and I learned quite a bit but most of the classes are quite long and there is a fair amount of repetition.

- Ellen 4/5 - Ellen is such a lovely person I want to love all her classes. I'm not keen on a lot of repetition, so I find the cardio ones a bit boring.

- Ekhart Yoga 4/5 -Nicely set up site; some really great instructors and a lot of variety in styles of yoga. There are also some short Yamuna classes on there, which I find really therapeutic. I only dropped 1 star because it's a bit more expensive. If they ever offer a mega-deal annual rate, I'd go for it.

- Inner Dimension 3/5 -Very professional site and good video production. I like Travis' yin yoga classes. I'm a perpetual beginner yogi and I felt the classes were more geared towards intermediate/advanced level.

- Lee Holden 4/5 - What Cyana said. The price is just too high for me.

- Peter Caughey Qigong 4/5 - Only $10/mo for a lot of content. He's a lovely guy and has a wealth of information. I went deeper into working with energy with him than with any other instructor. He does tend to be chatty though and sometimes I just wanted to get on with it!

- YoQi 4/5 - Most of Marisa's classes are really good. I got bored because she rarely added any new ones.

- Pilates Anytime 4/5 - I liked that they had classes specifically to address certain problem areas. I also discovered some different styles I'd never come across before, such as Fletcher Pilates. Sometimes, when you have too much choice, it can get a bit overwhelming knowing where to start.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-21, 12:44 PM  
anetta

ETV 5/5 Although I agree with everyone about the newer live workouts, wish Meg would do one, but I like all the variety and instructors.

Walkingonlineworkouts 4/5 only because the streaming at least for me is Wonky-could be my TV.

I too have done Lee Holden, but agree it is too pricey for me.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-21, 12:52 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Has anyone had issues with the quality of streaming? I did a trial of Les Mills streaming at the beginning of the pandemic and it was not good. Constantly freezing and buffering on me so much that I wasn't really able to try a lot of the workouts. And I don't have that problem when doing YT workouts so it was definitely their site. That experience has me sticking with my dvd's (lord knows I have enough workout DVD's to keep me busy), but I have thought about paying for some streaming sites.

Wendy, In answer to your Q, I did not have any issues when I streamed Les Mills workouts....how odd that site was a problem for you and not other YT streaming?

ETA: I am finding I never heard of a lot of these different sites! Thanks, Elsie, for starting this thread!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-21, 01:55 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Wendy, In answer to your Q, I did not have any issues when I streamed Les Mills workouts....how odd that site was a problem for you and not other YT streaming?

ETA: I am finding I never heard of a lot of these different sites! Thanks, Elsie, for starting this thread!
I suspect that it was the timing of when I started streaming Les Mills...at the beginning of the pandemic. I think a lot of gym goers started streaming workouts once they were stuck at home and Les Mills got a big influx of streamers and their site couldn't handle it. No one has mentioned issues with streaming so I think my case was an exception.
Old 11-15-21, 03:39 PM  
mandie123

I mostly stream alot of youtube,but have a year membership for essentrics(haven't decided yet if will continue)Also les mills. Thinking of trying a month of HealthBarre,although more costly,I did like the workouts lead by Sandra on the callanetics site.
Old 11-16-21, 07:56 AM  
Rhonda

CatheLive - 3.5/5 - I liked it but most workouts are too long for me, too much impact and there is one person I cannot stand in the classes and the camera seems to always go to her.

BBOD - 3/5 I have the subscription but not renewing. I did one program this whole year, 10 rounds, enjoyed it but I don't like the offerings.

Coffeyfit RAW - 4/5 Love the workouts and she puts news ones out there frequently.

Les MIlls - 4/5 love Combat but don't use it enough

Peloton 5/5 love the treadmill workouts, don't like all instructors but use it everyday. I do the yoga workouts mainly the 10 minutes ones. I am one that doesn't like spinning much so don't do those very often.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-21, 11:07 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Ellen 3/5. She has a handful that I really like, and lots that I don't like, but $5.95 a month makes it worth it for the ones I like. I also use this when I'm out town, since all her DVD workouts are included.

I also do 3-4 of Jackie's Essentrics-based live Zoom classes a week and non-live from Band. 5/5

Daily Burn - checked it out for Ellen. Didn't like the workouts and wasn't interested in the other unknown-to-me instructors. I don't have enough time to do everything I like as it is.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-21, 01:47 PM  
leigh1673

Ballet Physique - 5/5. Incredible selection of workouts of all lengths and styles, great instructors who cue well and give excellent form pointers. Has it's own Roku Channel so you don't have to worry about mirroring.

Physique 57 - 4.5/5 - same as Ballet Physique, I just personally like their workouts a tad less.

Ellen Barrett Streaming - 4/5. Love Ellen and her workouts. And the price is amazing. However, the workouts are 50/50 whether I can get through them without them buffering or stopping. I also tend to prefer her older workouts as some of the new ones are getting a bit too "woo" for me.

Beachbody on Demand - 3.5/5 - HUGE selection of workouts, but the majority are high intensity and just are not as appealing to me as I get older. I also just hate that it's affiliated with an MLM. I still keep it for Slim in 6/Slim Series and Turbo Jam/Fire.

Obe Fitness - 3.25/5. Great selection, and I appreciated the 30 minute format. But many felt too "rushed" like they were trying to cram a 45 minute class into 30 minutes. And many were higher in impact and intensity than I prefer. I also got annoyed that they wouldn't make ALL the live classes available to stream at a later date.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 09:31 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I also do 3-4 of Jackie's Essentrics-based live Zoom classes a week and non-live from Band. 5/5
I also have taken Jackie's Essentrics-based live Zoom classes and I love her! She is as good as Miranda!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 10:52 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
I also have taken Jackie's Essentrics-based live Zoom classes and I love her! She is as good as Miranda!
Better.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
streaming reviews, streaming services