Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-10-22, 05:25 PM  
JENILU

So, after seeing some replies, does this help keep you in proper position if you are prone to positioning wrong in the first place?

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-22, 09:05 AM  
patrice
VF Supporter

Went to Marshall’s and bought a 6.99 band just to try this technique out.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 10:05 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Is this any different from just doing a triceps pushup?
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 10:10 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrice View Post
Went to Marshall’s and bought a 6.99 band just to try this technique out.

Patrice
Let me know what you think.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 10:12 AM  
Mickey12

I couldn’t figure out how this could make a difference until I tried it. The band supports the weight of your upper body as you lower down to the floor so you’re not putting the full weight of your body on your arms and through your chest. It’s a lot easier. I also felt like my body was sort of springing back up off of the band on the way up. I wish I could do push-ups this easily without the band. They were really fun to do this way!
Old 06-12-22, 03:54 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
Is this any different from just doing a triceps pushup?
Yes, definitely different. As Kim says, the band helps support the upper body somehow so it feels like a regular pushup (not triceps) but it seems easier. It is a fairly cool trick!
Old 06-13-22, 03:46 AM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I couldn’t figure out how this could make a difference until I tried it. The band supports the weight of your upper body as you lower down to the floor so you’re not putting the full weight of your body on your arms and through your chest. It’s a lot easier. I also felt like my body was sort of springing back up off of the band on the way up. I wish I could do push-ups this easily without the band. They were really fun to do this way!
This explains so much!! Thankyou!!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-22, 04:39 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Since my car accident last year, I continue to struggle with shoulder pain, reduced range of motion and strength. I also had a severe leg injury so I am still in recovery mode for that too. I have been struggling with push-ups. Some of my modifications included doing them off an elevated surface (weight bench) as well as dropping to my knees (at times painful due to multiple surgeries/swelling/etc.). Recently, I saw a hack which is perfect for me to improve in this area. Place a resistance loop just above your elbows, around both arms...what a game changer! You can adjust the resistance as needed. I have been using my Cathe fabric loops with great success. Let me know if anyone uses this technique and what you think
Thank you so much for posting about this!! Today I tried doing push-ups in a Cathe Live class w/ the band...it TRULY made all the difference!! It makes it so much easier for my shoulders and my lower back seemed "safer" with the stabilization of the band. That's the way I'm doing them from now on!! Anything to get me to like p/u's is a win-win!! (I hope you're feeling better and healing well, btw!).

(I used Cathe's green medium fabric band. Which band does everyone else use? Should I try them with her blue band? It seemed the green one had just the right amount of tension to keep it taunt, though.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Thank you for your post! I couldn't envision how it would work either! Turns out I will do them this way from now on!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-22, 07:36 PM  
alisoncooks

I tried it today with a medium fabric booty band. It was too strong — I could barely open my arms, lol. I’m going to try with the light one next time before moving on to a latex style band…
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-22, 10:20 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I can't wait to try this. Too bad I can't figure out how to incorporate it into yoga vinyasas!

Tags
loop band, push up, push up hack, push ups, pushups, pushups proper form, shoulder pain