Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-22, 08:08 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - Some People Can Have ALL the Lights On and Still Be In the Dark. 8/28

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-22, 08:26 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks, Laura, for the title again!

We had a good time at the Renaissance Fair, despite some sprinkles of rain - nothing as a true soaker - we were there till about 6 pm. We saw our past shows and I showed them some of the newer circus style shows with fire juggling, wire walking, and silks (I was a bit angry with the silks show as they're stupid enough to work around fire also and the silks had lots of huge holes burned into them - not safe!). We had a good time! I bought a nice necklace. I got home and was very tired, my friends still gathered and played games till who knows when - I was asleep. We also had some pretty powerful thunderstorms. I was surprised that the state fair parking had descended into our neighborhood - all clear this morning! My friends will return to Milwaukee today - this next week looks like it will have some nice days and I might walk over to the fair.

Vantreesta, yes I saw the Fandazzi Fire Show also! I got a nice pendant with a purplish ribbon - my colors!

Paula, is the light broken for full replacement or just a burnt out bulb? I'm hoping my outdoor lights stay working until I sell the house - they are up under my roof two stories up - my long ladder wouldn't reach them... My friend is an architect who I assume would do some work inside the airport - he designs lots of stores and food places that are in there, but could do airport facilities also. Guess that work needs a security clearance...

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 08-28-22, 09:40 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for getting us started, Anita. I especially like this theme. Of course, I say that every week. I Maxine!

We both just crashed yesterday. I didn't feel like doing anything. I did go pick up groceries at Wegmans and do a load of laundry, but didn't do the cooking I was going to do or any of the other little things I had planned on.

On Friday, we did the twilight tour at the Carolina Tiger Rescue organization. Because they are a true rescue organization, there was no show. We just walked around to see the cats and they told us general information about the cats and stories about the specific animals we were seeing. We saw tigers, lions, bobcats, servals, and caracals. It was a good tour and we enjoyed it.

It sounds like a good time was had at the Renaissance Faire. It's good that showers meant that there was some dry time. I don't blame you for crashing last night, Anita.

Everyone have a good day!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-22, 08:35 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was a Pahla B Cardio/Tone workout and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Groceries and food prep today. Got a lot done and now I'm tired. But I got a large pot of lentil soup made, some pasta salad, and steamed some veggies to eat cold with hummus later in the week.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. Another good theme - thanks Laura. I can't imagine the people doing silks would do them with holes in the cloth - YIKES, what are they thinking. The whole light fixture was broken according to DH - the bulbs were actually in good condition. We bought a new fixture today and DH installed it and he put the old bulbs in the new fixture. It seems to be working fine now. The fixture that failed is one we got when we moved in so it's been working for 28 years and just now died so we got our money's worth out of it. Yes, any work on an airport requires security these days, even on our little municipal airport. We have security gates and portocols just to enter the airport. Prior to 9/11 we had an airplane at the same airport and things were a lot more relaxed, members of the public could walk just about anywhere on the field.

Laura, Glad you like the Tiger Rescue. We went during the day on a hot day and most of the cats were laying around in the shade. Were they more active for your visit in the evening. Sometimes a lazy day is just what's needed.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-22, 07:41 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Yesterday, we did breakfast at a little local coffee house about a mile away - nice walk and wonderful food! Afterwards my friends packed up, stopped by a relative in town, then headed back to Milwaukee. I just hung around, washed bed laundry from downstairs, and rested. Today I'll probably stop by a grocery store and just putz around - pretty warm and humid today so not wanting to walk to the State Fair today. I'll probably mow my back yard.

Laura, I had to look up what a serval and caracal were - cool African cats! I assume some had been imported as pets that failed? (which I expect) I hope your energy level is back to normal today - I'm realizing I'm getting more tired than my friends in the course of a day.

Paula, glad your light is now fixed! I remember as a kid going to the airport with my dad to just watch planes taking off and landing from the terminal - no longer! My friend and I went to the local zoo Friday and lots of the animals were back in their private rooms trying to stay cool - we didn't see much out in their pens.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 08-29-22, 02:32 PM  
Vantreesta

My goodness! Why is it so hard to post regularly??? It was a busy week and my lack of formal workouts definitely reflects that.

Mon 8/22 182 minutes
12 minutes (from 2 sessions toe yoga)
9 minutes (from J. Fairley The Source Chiropractic -Thoracic Mobility Routine Exercises and Stretches, YT) twice through
24 minutes (from PT strength exercises + stretches)
6 minutes (from H. Estrada Aztec Athletics -5-Minute Calf Plyometric Workout for Runners, YT)
11 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
32 minutes (from 2.56 mi for 10k trainer wk4 day1/Zombies Run S3M57)
16 minutes (from H. Clare -Yoga for Piriformis - Release & Stabilise the External Hip Rotators, YT)
20 minutes (from M. Giordano Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice)
52 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.3 mi)

Tue 8/23 48 minutes
36 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.44 mi)

Wed 8/24 117 minutes
66 minutes (from walk 3.32 mi with Sandy & Ali)
39 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.73 mi)

Thu 8/25 39 minutes
27 minutes (from 2 dog walks 2.13 mi)

Fri 8/26 54 minutes
42 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.8 mi)

Sat 8/27 12 minutes REN FEST WITH FRIENDS--over 13k steps!
00 minutes (from 0 dog walks--stormy night)

Sun 8/28 34 minutes
34 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.4 mi)
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-22, 02:56 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Yesterday, we went over to Mom and Dad's for lunch - chili, cornbread, and pecan pie. I had the pie Mom sent home with me today.

Today has been a busy day. I slept in some because we were up too late last night. After going to the YMCA for a workout, I went to Costco and did some shopping. I ended up at the hearing aid center and had my new hearing aids fitted. Beyond being able to hear much better, we paired it with my phone and I can hear phone calls and music through my hearing aids.

Anita - I'm glad you had a good visit with your friends. I find myself being more tired at the end of the day, these days. I think it's a combination of my reality and one of the medications I'm on. All of the animals at this rescue were either pets or from small back-yard or roadside "zoos" that shut down for one reason or another. There was only one animal that they got from the wild, a bobcat that was found injured on the side of the road by someone.

Paula - A few of the animals were laying around, but many of them were up and moving about. The lions got up after we arrived at their enclosure. Sundays seem to be your food prep day. It makes sense to get ready for the coming week on that day.

Vantreesta - That's the way weeks go these days; they just melt away. We all understand that. I hope things calm down for you soon.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 08-30-22, 07:50 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'm debating whether to go to the state fair today or tomorrow - lovely weather for both days (plus Thursday). If not, I'll be putzing around here, doing some weeding and stopping by the hardware store and bank.

Vantreesta, lots of walking seems to be my workout day also - I should look into your toe yoga videos... 12 minutes, I can do!

Laura, Nice lunch! So glad things turned out well at the hearing aid place and you got better hearing aids! Now that I'm retired, I do have to think what day is today - I only have one day (Friday) with scheduled work.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 08-30-22, 05:49 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today is almost over and I'm not sure where it went. This morning, I interacted with Polly a lot on the front porch. She was so loving and got a brushing and a couple of pettings. Then, I spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen cooking and taking care of clean and dirty dishes. This afternoon, I took DH to his chiropractor appointment this afternoon. Now, it's early evening and DH just lured Polly inside for the evening. She's stomping from door to door looking for a way out.

Anita - Did you go to the state fair? It's nice to have the choice of several nice days. I'm definitely hearing better and I've asked DH to repeat himself so much less.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 08-30-22, 09:01 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 15 Push (Strength) followed by Travis Eliot Upper Body Yin Yoga.

Not much to say about today - dusted the living room then went shopping for a new pair of sandals. Didn't find anything I liked ended up buying a new shirt even though I wasn't looking for a new shirt. I've been haveing pain in my left foot lately, the one I used to get PF in. I wanted a pair of sandals with good arch support and that would hide the large bunion I have on that foot. Nothing. Of course now there aren't many sandals the stores are shifting over to closed toed shoes for Fall/Winter.

Today was nice but weather report is we're in for days of HOT weather for the rest of this week.

I thought I checked in yesterday - probably did it on last weeks theme, oh well.

Vantreestra, check in when you can - we understand.

Laura, glad the cats were up and moving when you were there. It struck me as mildly weird but also neat that you can listen to music through your hearing aids. Also a bluetooth type connection with your phone. Is there an automatic setting for volume or does the phone just blast in your ear?

Anita, what did you decide on the fair? Did you go?
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote