Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-30-22, 05:09 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Check in and Run

Cuz I have to do something this morning before work:

6/27/2022: 30 mins. Power zone Ride in the a.m., Row in the p.m
6/28/2022: Bootcamp Tread (total body), pickleball 2.5 hours after work
6/29/2022: Row

That's it for now. Getting ready for ONE MORE day and then a holiday weekend. Hallelujah.

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 05:34 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

I can't believe I haven't posted since Monday! I think I posted but didn't submit? Oh well, here's my week:

6/28 - dog walk
Cathe's 10-10-10 (more high impact than I wanted, but I modified)
6/29 - 30 Min. Advanced Beginner Ride w/ Jenn Sherman
10 Min. Barbara Streisand Ride, 5 Min. Post Ride Stretch w/ Jenn
I hadn't done a Peloton ride in over a month!
6/30 - dog walk
Jessica's Tread & Shred

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 08:32 PM  
Helen

>> July Thread <<

Aaaannd it's been a week since I posted
I'm NOW on holidays though, and DH is HOME - so things are looking good - apart from cold & rain - SOOOoooo tired of the endless rain!

LILI
You pulled out CTX!!!! You've given a big smile!

CLEDA
Hope the treatment is going well.
The band on the new FitBit Charge has given me red/itchy whelts. Never had a FitBit rash ever before - and was fine for almost 2 months - no idea what kicked it off.

Here's my doings:
Sunday 26th
59min, Cathe (chrono) - Slow & Heavy - Chest, Back, & Planks
Monday 27th
64min, Cathe (chrono) - Slow & Heavy - Legs & Shoulders
41min, Cathe - Step Boss - Step Sync - Basic Mix 2 (Bonus Step + Ab Stac ker), with Kathryn
Tuesday 28th
60min, Cathe (chrono) - Slow & Heavy - Triceps, Biceps, & Abs
Wednesday 29th
Walk with school very leisurely, as last one -we just walk to the shops (I get a coffee).
93min, Cathe (chrono) - Body Max, yes, it was still a slog
Thursday 30th
63min, Cathe (chrono) - Power Hour

RE-doing has been good for having 'right' weights listed - having more satisfying DOMS as a result. Feeling pleased with how I've been sticking with it, but not yet pleased with how I'm doing them, compared to what's been logged in the past. I Knoooowwww I'm older, but 50 to 60 shouldn't make THAT much difference - and I also knowwwwww it's mostly about the 20lb weighted-vest I'm carrying.

Kathryn caught C-19 and became so wretched with it that she went into the ED. Given anti-nausea meds. Today, though, said she's recovering quickly.

See you in JULY!!!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-22, 07:55 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Wait !!! Wait !!!

Seriously??? We are now into July? How?

Lili! a MONTH? Say it isn't so ... (Since you did a peloton ride) but I can see how easily that happens. Peloton is usually the core of most of what I do, but even I had a "lesser" month (not every day). But skipping the blue dot daily did NOT cause my world to end. Go figure! I also have Hydrow, but that one? I just strive to keep my weeks streak going! So far? So good.

I have an 87 week streak going on Hydrow.
I have a 183 week streak going on Peloton.

(Bear in mind, that's not every day, just weeks I've done a workout on each of those platforms. And honestly? Pretty darn good if you ask me! Thanks for having me go look Lili - your conversation - or my wandering - had me do it!)

Did you like the Barbara Streisand ride?

Peloton has 2 new Power Zone instructors. Sam Yo is one and then there's a German instructor (name has flown out of my head for now.) I think Sam Yo will be good for me! He's kinda mellow and gives great pointers. (one of the reasons I like Matt Wilpers.) I am hoping to give Sam a whirl this week. We'll see. Might do it as my Extra Credit ride.

Helen: Do not compare yourself to a younger you. . . It's never a good thing. And wait until you hit the 60-70 range and beyond. We are here to tell you, that just staying active and doing stuff is way more than most people. So you are already ahead of the game. Do NOT be so hard on yourself.

I had to read and reread your comment about Kathryn's Covid 19. I probably needed more coffee. I was like, Huh? Wrong check in? Oh wait! C-19 (Covid 19). Just took my brain a little longer than usual to process it. (hence the need more coffee.) I am so glad she feels better. They know so much more than they did 2 years ago and treatments. Yep. Treatments. I am glad she's recovering quickly. It's still here. Not going anywhere. We still have a lot of cancellations in the office. A Lot of exposures. My fear? It will once again get bad in the fall/winter when we all move indoors and most people are so "over it", that they are back to (mostly) their old ways. Anyway, I can only control my behavior and pray I continue to dodge it.

Oh ... now I'm here to check in and not chat, aren't I?
On to the favorite subject: ME ME ME

6/30/2022: Rebounding (20 minutes Lymphatic cleanse with Jeremy) and then a 20 mins. row (I think) - most likely a breathe.

I've been trying to row a few more times per week. This week I got in 3 so far. I think that's good. I've also been mixing it up with pb, the tread bootcamp, the row, the rebounder. Sounds good in theory, but it makes me so sore. That's when I feel old.

Starting week 4 of the Power zone Challenge. Halfway through!

I suppose I"ll head over to the July thread and post in there.
Waves to all!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
daily, every day check in, everyday, everyday workout