Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-01-22, 07:31 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Pilates Cross Trainers JUNE 2022

Just starting us off in June.

No workout to report yet. I'll check back later.

Waves to all!
Old 06-01-22, 08:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I tried out Jessica's Flow & Glow - Fusion Flow Sculpt. It was a pleasant surprise as I was not sure at all about the use of the gliders. This one only used one glider and that felt appropriate and safe. She also moved at a moderate pace and I did not feel that it was out of control or an injury waiting to happen. It was, however, tough! A good lower body workout. I normally use 3's for these types of workouts, but I dropped to my 2's b/c I was focusing so much on the lower body and the gliding. This one was a winner for me!

I added on a Jessica Valent - Pilates for Upper Back - my upper back, neck, shoulders, etc. are really tight and sore these days - too much computer work.

Speaking of work - I finally have my official offer letter so I have to tell my boss I'm moving on. I like her, so this is hard, but I also need a change and a better work/life balance, too.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 09:05 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Woohoo Donna! Congratulations on the new position. When do you think you will start?

Glad you liked Jessica's fusion workout with the glider. For me, the jury is still out on this set, and that may be because I find them a little too challenging.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 05:57 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Yoga with Andrea - 5/25/22 - 30 minutes

This was a nice slow flow of sorts - about 22 minutes standing and the remainder on the floor.

Also got my pneumonia 23 vaccine. So far so good.

Carol
Old 06-02-22, 07:35 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

CS Posture Boost and Back Health Day 1 of the 20 Day Challenge - 30min. This one was with Sara. The challenge consists of 18 segments of Season 14 plus 2 classes with Sahra. I also added CS 14-min Psoas, IT and Hip Stretch off youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U85YqRN0iy0. I'm feeling pretty good right now.

It's going to be a beautiful day today and I plan to spend it outside. They are replacing pavement on the street in front of us, and yesterday they were ripping out and grinding the old asphalt. The work continued for 11 hours straight and the noise was unbearable. The work will continue today and I want to get the heck out of the house asap and stay out for as long as I can.

Donna, congrats on getting job offer!

Carol, I hope you're loving your time off.

Waves to Linda and Brenda!
Old 06-02-22, 09:19 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I did CS 601 and this morning was CS 602. I decided to re-visit Season 6. I think I will temporarily suspend my ETV subscription for now and work on the DVDs I have. I have all the seasons through 12 and will buy Seasons 13 and 14 eventually, too. I like the live workouts, but since I'm mixing things up I am finding that the simplicity of the episodes are easier to fit in and still beneficial.

I have been really tired and dragging lately - I can't even totally blame lack of sleep either. I think it is just the result of working so much over the last several months plus the emotional turmoil of switching jobs. I am sure it will even out soon.

But, that being said, I didn't have enough time for the "5K" steady walk this morning - it being 50 minutes! I will tack something else on this evening - more than likely though I'll probably pick something in the 30 min range.

Annie Pilates Physical Therapy has a new program for June -Strive. I may do this one in July when I'm having my renovations continue -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX__...F7eZDKzmITqAQA

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Donna
Old 06-02-22, 11:50 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

So far,

Outdoor walk - 30 minutes, no dogs

It's another cool, drizzly day here in the Texas Panhandle. It would be nice to have gotten rain instead, like so many of our neighbors did in surrounding counties, but we will take what we can get. I'll try to add on some pilates later.

Carol
Old 06-03-22, 04:22 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I ended up doing the full "steady" walk on the "5K" DVD, I enjoyed it. So far, this new set from Jessica is a winner!

This morning I did Total Body 31 - which is a weight workout -I'm guessing done in 31 minutes, LOL! I didn't actually track the time. But it was a good workout. Jessica's style for these is different, slower and more controlled pacing. Even w/ the hip hinge, I felt ok - I am going light and pacing myself.

I am soooo tired lately. I don't know what it is. I was good last weekend but once I returned to work I have been beyond exhausted. I am sure some of it is stress and the "anxiety" of leaving one job and planning to start a new job. I also do not sleep well, my elderly Lab needs to go out during the night and I am aware of her throughout the night -ready to spring into action to let her out in time.

So - my boss took it ok - no guilt trip - I offered to stay through the end of the fiscal year if she wanted to work something out w/ my new boss - but to my knowledge nothing has been worked out. He is beyond ready for me to start over there. Anyway - from what I hear, I can expect a much saner life working there. I hope so! My department is so rough - I have known three people who have had to go on FMLA to recover from the stress. That speaks volumes. I also had Shingles the first year I worked there, caused, in part, by the stress! And, I know someone else who had a stroke. So....not a healthy place. I'm supposed to start at the new place on 6/21.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend, TGIF!

My DH has a friend visiting on Saturday - I will sadly probably catch up on work - I like to leave things finished before I move on - at least as much as I can. So I'll probably do that after DD and I do our volunteering time at the animal shelter.

Carol - glad to hear you had some drizzly weather!

Dana - what are your thoughts so far on Essentrics?

Donna
Old 06-03-22, 05:22 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Outdoor walk - 35 minutes, no dogs;
Annie Pilates Physical Therapist - June Strive Challenge Day 1: Beginner Core Pilates with Band - 20 minutes

We had a nice sunny day today, not too hot - in the upper 70s - and not too windy. A perfect day for a walk, so I took one.

This may have been my first Annie Pilates YouTube video. I liked it and liked the addition of the band.

Donna - Good grief! It sounds like you should have been getting combat pay for working in that department. Glad you are moving on!

Dana - I will be interested in what you think about Classical Stretch. I would love to love it, but I haven't gotten there yet.

Carol
Old 06-04-22, 08:01 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

CS Season 14 Episode 1 Full Body Alignment - 23min.

I needed this stretch this morning. In fact, I need to do stretches every single morning before I do anything else. So far, it's good to be back to CS/Ess. I have quite a few of their DVDs but the last season I have is Season 9, and I haven't done any CS for at least 4-5 years. I want to check out their newer classes/seasons and see how they've evolved.

I didn't have time to do anything else because I wanted to go to the office extra early today. Lots of work to do and it'a nice and quiet here.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!