Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-21, 08:36 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - What Did One Leaf Say to the Other? I'm Falling for You. 11/21

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-21, 09:04 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks, Laura, for the title - makes starting these threads soooooo much easier!

Yay! I got the raking done in the front lawn and got the leaves taken to the compost site yesterday! Full car with 8 huge bags!

Today, I'm planning on walking Gus before the weather takes another dip in temps and winds come again. We went out to look for the International Space Station passing by last night around 6:30 pm - frankly, I'm not sure we saw anything. At least I didn't have to wake Adelija like I would have for the lunar eclipse a few days ago - I did wake up at 3:05 am and saw it from my porch in my PJs. Adelija will supposedly clean up my porch from leaves and dig out my lower stairs' leaves. Otherwise not much planned for the day - dusting and vacuuming are needed.

Laura, The Full Monty is definitely a British film, but still highly entertaining. Some of my other favorites are in the same vein - A Fish Called Wanda, Best in Show, and Love Actually. My humor must be British . I hope your MIL gets the help she needs without you needing to get there.

Paula, looks like you and Laura posted at the same time . Sorry you went through program difficulties too when you were in community college. Frankly, I didn't think I needed to check with her program supervisor when she dropped her courses as I needed to sign her release.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 11-21-21, 09:00 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Nope. I'm here. If we go to WV, it won't be until next weekend. We have someone coming tomorrow to clean the main floor in the house and we've been working like dogs to put things away so he can get to surfaces. It has been a long time and I hope this person does a decent job. Prices have skyrocketed for this service, so I found someone on a one-time basis on a website that has people who do gig jobs. We'll see what happens. He's well rated with a lot of reviews, so I think it will be fine.

We have a lot going on right now and the days just melt away. Plus, DH is in a lot of pain and doing what he can to help, but I'm picking up a lot of slack. That type of thing just happens so quickly.

Anita - I'm just glad you're willing to start the threads. Thanks for doing that. It never occurred to me that this Sunday was the one before Thanksgiving. Oh well. Here's one for after the fact and a couple of more:

Crone Cronies - Hope the Wishbone Snapped in Your Favor This Thanksgiving. 11/28

Crone Cronies - Be Naughty. Save Santa the Trip. December 5

Crone Cronies - Dear Santa. How Much Do You Already Know? 12/12

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-21, 10:11 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout today was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 20 Cardio/Tone. Today was grocery day. We got up and got to the market early before it got crowded.

Anita, thanks for getting us started - cute theme. You've been productive with yard work. I like those movies too - except Best in Show, so many people love that movie and I could never get into it.

Laura, sorry you're under so much stress at the moment. Yeah, today is the Sunday before Thanksgiving. We got an early start in order to avoid the crowds. It worked for the first place, the grocery store but by the time we got to Trader Joes, it had gotten crowded.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-21, 08:17 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on meeting a water meter person that has to get into my basement this morning sometime, walking Gus, doing some odd jobs inside cleaning, and putzing around. Spades game this evening!

Laura, I imagine the cleaning services are really busy in holiday season. I'm watching a lot of Hoarders on TV to get me in the mood to clean more - it works for me! Thanks for the list of titles!

Paula, I had an order in to a grocery store for a pumpkin cheesecake to take to a thanksgiving dinner - asked and found out they aren't even making them this year, just single servings . I bought regular pumpkin pies instead. Glad I asked and found out as I doubt I would have gotten a phone call on it. I'm not looking forward to the store rush already ongoing but getting worse after Thanksgiving.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 11-22-21, 09:22 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a busy day. I finally found someone to come clean on TaskRabbit and he cleaned most of the rooms on the main floor and focused on the areas we'd be in for Thanksgiving. The house feels so fresh. We'll have him back after Thanksgiving to do more.

The rest of the day, I ran errands and took DH to his PT appointment and dropped in on my chiropractor and cleaned some of the master bathroom (which he did not get to).

Polly, the cat, had a terrible, horrible, no good day. She was on the porch this morning, obviously not happy because of the cold and the rain. I went out and spent some time with her and soothed her some and then she went back into her heated house. DH went out a couple of times and held her on his lap and petted her while she acted like she liked that, but still felt disgruntled. We think she must have arthritis because she seemed like she was stiff and in pain today. We hope she feels better tomorrow when the sun comes out.

Anita - It's good you found out that those aren't being made this year. We have found a couple of fall staples aren't available this year. You watching Hoarders to get yourself in the mood to clean just cracks me up.

Paula - I'm only doing pick-ups this week. I have no desire to actually go into a grocery store this week.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 11-22-21, 09:30 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was some Yin Yoga with Kassandra and a long walk with DH.

Anita, hope you had fun playing Spades and the meter man thing went off as planned. I've occassionally watch those Hoaders programs and they always make me twitch. I have a friend who comes close - her adult daughters told her they were coming over one day last week to help her "reclaim" the living room. I meant to call her and ask how it went but not sure if it would have gone over well. I am dying to know if they wholesale moved her stuff out.
You could make a pumpkin cheesecake but buying a pumpkin pie is definately easier.
Old 11-23-21, 08:48 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus, then going to get a haircut, do some grocery shopping at TJs, follow up with Cub, and getting some replacement light bulbs from the lighting store (special tapered ones). Yesterday we ended up playing a game of Yahtzee - it was fun to talk to my friend in Chile. The water meter people didn't show up in the morning - sigh. I called it in asking what happened and they sent someone out in the afternoon - I walked Gus in our neighborhood to save some time - little guy was sooooo patient with me.

Laura, glad you found someone to clean your house before Thanksgiving - I dusted and vacuumed yesterday. Glad Polly has such loving caregivers in you and DH .

Paula, My parents weren't messy hoarders, but every shelf and drawer were stuffed with things. When my mom remarried, he brought all of his stuff on top of our stuff from living in the house 25 years. I think she had about eight sets of dishes and enough glasses to run a bar. Enough laundry to fill the closet and lots of spare furniture and arty objects. He added a workshop downstairs with lots of tools and wood scraps. Quite the job to clean out the house. My brother and his wife did most of that living so much closer. I'm trying to keep things way down - I'm looking ahead to moving to a condo or apartment in a few years so further shucking things. I'll need to pick up some cinnamon flavored whipped cream for the pumpkin pies .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 11-23-21, 09:26 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We had a quieter day. I ran several quick errands, and we did some laundry. Last night I told DH he HAD to decide on whether we are going to WV or not because our lives in the near future has been on hold while the decision has been in limbo. Tonight, DH talked to his sister and she admitted that she is running ragged and can use a break. So, we will leave on Saturday and be gone a week, give or take. So, the decision has been made - yay!

Anita - It's good you called, and they sent someone out. Yeah, we love Polly. She has added a lot of joy to our lives.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 11-23-21, 09:38 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 22 Push (Strength) followed by some yoga stretching. It was a nice day so we went flying. Tomorrow I plan to do some shopping and some baking for Thanksgiving.

Laura, not sure how I missed your post yesterday. I wonder if Polly does have arthritis given what you said. I wonder what can be done to help her? Your DH, in spite of his allergies, petting and cooing to her is such a sweet visual.

Anita, I'm sure Gus was happy to go on a walk, in your neighborhood or not. Yeah, one of the hazards of living in one place a long time is accumulating too much stuff. I try to declutter but you know how it is. I have way more dishes than I need - not as much as your Mom, but more than I'll ever use again. I'll pull it out on Thanksgiving but there will only be four of us. People don't want china and silver anymore. One thing I did during the lockdown was to go through the drawers in the kitchen and declutter. I got some drawer organizers so things are looking better there. I meant to get to the linen closet but that never got done, but it's on my something to do on a rainy day list - if we ever get a rainy day.