Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-10-18, 06:33 PM  
Sharaz

Cathe Bootcamp Workouts Ranking

I'm in a workout party mode. I'll be using in the next 9 weeks the following Cathe Bootcamp workouts:

1. Bootcamp (on tap tomorrow)
2. SS Bootcamp
3. Drill Max

I have done Drill Max double cardio premix in the past. This time I am doing the regular circuit workout. I have not previewed these workouts.

I would like to know your opinion and ranking in terms of intensity. You can also add the ICE Bootcamp in the ranking if you own it. If I missed another workout please add it to the list.
Old 03-11-18, 08:47 AM  
alydinva

I think that the ICE Bootcamp is actually more difficult than the S&S Bootcamp.
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-18, 10:13 AM  
owltx

I also really like the bootcamp from 4DS, if you have that. Short but fun.
Old 03-11-18, 11:01 AM  
horusosiris

I like Cathe's DVD BootCamp and Muscle Endurance. The Boot Camp workout is 51 minutes and has 8 cycles of cardio, lower body, upper body and core.

Drill Max is easier (IMO) than Bootcamp but the 72 minute length gets me every time.

Cathe's Terminator workout has three fun workouts. I also like the variety in Cathe's To The Max workout.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-18, 11:40 AM  
noodles

I never really bonded with the bootcamp on the muscle endurance DVD. The one minute intervals were too short and I personally didn't like the ab work thrown in. I love S&S bootcamp and up the weights to get a great workout- same with the ICE version. There are great premixes to work with too. If you have the fit tower dvds that bootcamp is a fab non-weight workout too. Have fun!
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-18, 01:39 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post
I also really like the bootcamp from 4DS, if you have that. Short but fun.
I don't have it. I think I preview it long time ago, but need to check it again.

I may look at the deal of the day and get it.
Old 03-11-18, 01:47 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
I like Cathe's DVD BootCamp and Muscle Endurance. The Boot Camp workout is 51 minutes and has 8 cycles of cardio, lower body, upper body and core.

Drill Max is easier (IMO) than Bootcamp but the 72 minute length gets me every time.

Cathe's Terminator workout has three fun workouts. I also like the variety in Cathe's To The Max workout.
I got Terminator in the group of workouts I purchased this month. I'm not trying the workouts until I work Cardio & Weights and Imax 2 during my next rotation cycle. I have not done these two workouts in a while. Once I master them again, I think I'll be ready for the Terminators

I did Bootcamp and was behind in some of the Plyo based cardio portions. I am getting used to impact again. There is room from improvement.

What do you think about S&S Bootcamp?
Old 03-11-18, 01:49 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydinva View Post
I think that the ICE Bootcamp is actually more difficult than the S&S Bootcamp.
I previewed ICE Bootcamp, but did not grab me. Going to give it another look. Thanks!
Old 03-11-18, 01:53 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
I never really bonded with the bootcamp on the muscle endurance DVD. The one minute intervals were too short and I personally didn't like the ab work thrown in. I love S&S bootcamp and up the weights to get a great workout- same with the ICE version. There are great premixes to work with too. If you have the fit tower dvds that bootcamp is a fab non-weight workout too. Have fun!
I have S&S Bootcamp. I love what I saw on preview!!! I tackling this one soon.

Well, I'm not very familiar with the fit tower dvds. I though that this set may be not my style. I am going to check the Bootcamp fit tower version.
Old 03-11-18, 02:27 PM  
T2B

Hi Sharaz,

I go back and forth on whether ICE Boot Camp is harder than S&S Bootcamp. I like them both. I like that S&S has a cardio, leg, compound, upper body which makes it feel like a metabolic workout too. I’m a sweaty mess with this one.

ICE Bootcamp is cardio/leg/upper/core and the cardio feels more intense but not the other parts. I like them both.

As far as the original Bootcamp, I did that one so much back in the day, that I never want to do it again. Back then it was my hardest ever. I did it about a month ago and I am happy to retire that one.

It’s been so long since I did Drill Max that I don’t remember much about it.

High Step Training Advanced is one of my hardest Cathe’s workouts - all those leg presses just slay.

Good luck, try them all.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote