Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-11-17, 12:02 PM  
margaux

Tried Cardio Core yesterday (trying to do them in order...lol) It was just ok for me. Did Upper Body this morning and loved the different movements Kelly used to keep it fresh. Really felt the burn too.
margaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 02:04 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I did the upper body supersets today -- very pleasantly surprised by the intensity in this one. I wasn't looking forward to it as I'm not a huge upper body fan, but wow, a lot of new moves and burned a lot of calories in 27 mins. Good music and only need three sets of dumbbells and a step bench. I used 8 for light, 10 for med, 12/15 for heavy. Already sore from this one!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 06:33 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I got these today. I usually do the premixes that are longer when I do a KCM, the shorter ones aren't enough for me. I am going to try Cardio Core shortly. I too am going to attempt to do them "in order" although I doubt that will last. I tend to choose my DVDs pretty randomly depending on my mood.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 08:15 PM  
muggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingwolf View Post
I received my DVDs yesterday. First workout I did was KB & KB fusion. I've only done this one so far. It is definitely a good workout for beginners. This might be good news to some people. But, I barely got my heart rate up and did not feel worked out enough afterwards. I also used a heavier KB than Kelly. Too slow paced for me. I guess I'm just used to Cathe making me struggle to keep up with her.
This exactly!!! My heart rate barely rose at all, i didn’t break a sweat, not a bit!
And why oh why isn’t there a premix to include both workouts?! I’ve done 4 so far and I’m not sure any are 30 minutes. I’m disappointed, I was hoping for something better. I like Kelly and enjoy some of her other workouts but these really miss the mark for me.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 09:28 PM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
This exactly!!! My heart rate barely rose at all, i didn’t break a sweat, not a bit!
And why oh why isn’t there a premix to include both workouts?! I’ve done 4 so far and I’m not sure any are 30 minutes. I’m disappointed, I was hoping for something better. I like Kelly and enjoy some of her other workouts but these really miss the mark for me.
That stinks Muggle. Does Kelly have a return policy?
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-17, 03:42 AM  
Calistro

I wonder if Mary plans to sell this?

I do not want intensity at the moment, so these sound perfect.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-17, 06:51 AM  
Rhonda

I have done two and have enjoyed them but neither are 30 minutes. I too like to do her premix of both workouts but have seen that no premixes are combined like that. I will keep the set as I have liked the KB/KB and legs. These actually are perfect for me right now with the snowy weather as I can still get a workout in and leave the house early enough to drive to work in the snow.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-17, 07:00 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Muggle:What size kettlebell did you use? My first time through on Saturday I used a 10 for halos, 15 for everything else except 2 hand swings (20) on my first time around, but I plan to go heavier and push myself. I really enjoyed the controlled workout. I used to do taekwondo and sometimes we worked on speed and sometimes we worked on focus and form, so I do enjoy a deliberate-paced workout.

I tried the upper body on Sunday... whew! I used 5-10-15 since I wasn’t sure about how I would feel. I’ll increase weights next time. I loved the finisher at the end.

Today I tried the lower body tabata. Awesome! Reminds me a bit of her YouTube raw lower body workouts. I stuck w/ 15’s this first time through. Good ‘n sweaty — and perfect length since this week I am up extra early.

Looking forward to trying the rest of them.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-17, 08:33 AM  
IceQueen07

I did the upper body one this morning and I liked that there are different variations from standard moves. I did realize that I really need to work on my strength more. I ended up having to use 5-8-10s. But hopefully since this was only my first time through I will gradually start gaining strength again. Amazing when you haven't done higher weights in awhile how you lose strength.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-17, 11:25 AM  
alydinva

I also did Upper Body this morning. I used everything from 8s to 25s and was dying during the chest work. Also, the first move for biceps really stung because it also worked shoulders and mine were fried from the shoulder superset.

I did Cardio Core on Sunday and it was harder than I was expecting. I didn’t mind the repeating because it felt like it went quickly to me. I’m looking forward to the rest of the set. I don’t mind that they’ve been shorter than 30 min so far because I like to add on a 10 or 15 min Jessica walk anyway.
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build and burn, home gym intervals, kcm, kcm build and burn, kelly coffey-meyer, kettlebells