Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-06, 09:42 AM  
Rhae
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn
Some of these posts reminded me: I thought TIA was someone's name! I'm sure I was also confused about other abbreviations (not necessarily fitness related).
I couldn't come up with a reasonable/appropriate explanation for TIA and I did finally have to ask . IIRC was another one I spent a long time trying to figure out.

I don't recall exactly how many videos I had when I first started lucking at VF, but I know I could count them on one hand.

I didn't really believe I needed strength or flexibility training or any more equipment.

Now I'm just trying to fit all the fitness I need in with all the videos I have .
Old 07-26-06, 10:22 AM  
Janet O'Neil
VF Supporter

My first trade was for Animals Only Step workout - I still have it. Time to dust it off and see why I wanted it so badly!

My favorite instructors were Jennifer Mills (Palmer) and Christi Taylor.

I thought yoga was too weird and today I'm going for my Yoga Certification.

I had the original and first CIAs (sold on ebay).

My husband couldn't understand why I had more than a few exercise videos - today he doesn't say a word.
Janet O'Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-06, 10:40 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet O'Neil
My first trade was for Animals Only Step workout - I still have it.
I remember that one!

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-06, 11:34 AM  
DeQuendre2

CIA got me too, and I didn't understand why they were coming from PA and not VA

Before coming to VF, all my videos came from a retail store. Having never seen a Collage catalog and such, I wasn't at all aware of how many independent instructors were producing videos and had huge numbers of followers. I first came here in 1998 after typing "advanced exercise videos" in a search engine, which gave results for Cathe from threads here. I couldn't understand why I couldn't even get her on Amazon, but EVERYBODY knew who she was and had all her videos. And she was nowhere to be seen in Sam Goodys

Except for the obviously underhanded techniques by instructors themselves, I still don't understand where VFers go to find out about these previously unheard of instructors/workouts, especially those not hitched up with big companies/distributors.

I couldn't fathom anyone having 100 videos. That just didn't make any sense. I have since passed 100 without blinking and am over the 200 mark. I stopped counting.
DeQuendre2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-06, 02:24 PM  
Clare*
Moderator/ BC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar
when i looked at the old VF forum, the mods were screening posts before they were actually posted, so that discouraged me from posting on the VF board.
Are you sure you are thinking of VF? I'm one of the original moderators from when Wendy had her son and the moderators have NEVER screened posts. Nor has Wendy ever screened posts- though she does have the right to approve new members when they apply, that's the closest you could say anyone is ever to being screened.

“..Know the difference between an inconvenience & a problem. If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire- then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience. Life is inconvenient. Life is lumpy… And a lump in the oatmeal, and lump in the throat, and a lump in the breast are not the same lump. One should learn the difference.” Sigmund Wollman's Reality Test by Robert Fulghum
Clare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-06, 02:54 PM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

When I first joined VF most people used their own names, or some variation on that. It was kind of nice.
Old 07-26-06, 03:03 PM  
Elisa B.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clare*
Are you sure you are thinking of VF? I'm one of the original moderators from when Wendy had her son and the moderators have NEVER screened posts. Nor has Wendy ever screened posts- though she does have the right to approve new members when they apply, that's the closest you could say anyone is ever to being screened.
Not only that, remember when VF was using some kind of software that wouldn't let the moderators delete or edit anyone's posts? There was some terrible flaming going on. Remember "BITE ME ROBERTA" ?

Elisa
Elisa B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-06, 03:11 PM  
Janet O'Neil
VF Supporter

I also traded for a Scott Cole video - he was unknown then. Some time of "power" workout (it's in the back of my video/DVD closet) that was by the Buns of Steel people. It's the freakiest workout I ever did, but for some odd reason I love it! I do it once a year!

I'll have to think more of those early videos.

My favorite all time was Christie Taylors original CIA - from the 5000 series. I learned how to teach aerobics and step from it!

I also liked Lynne Brick!
Janet O'Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-06, 03:25 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Back in May 2003...

I wouldn't do chat rooms (don't much still, but will here!).
Had all but forgotten Charlene Prickett. Did not have a clue who Cathe or Tamilee or so many other great instructors was/were ().
Didn't know what TIFTing was, let alone TIA or a host of other great shortcuts.
Didn't know what happened at the Firm, but I did have my old faithfuls so was doing them still.
Had all but forgotten about Collage, too. In fact, I think it was because I was searching for Collage online that I happened upon VF!

Tags
how did you find vf