Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-05-03, 10:17 AM  
britt
VF Supporter

Smile Feel like I have been here forever

I can't remember when I found VF. I just remember being around a while before we went on that first trip to the Firm Studios in Charleston. Fun, fun! Then we went to Columbia. Fun, fun! Everyone I met on these trips was just so nice and normal. All of my friends just smile and laugh when I mention a new video or addition to my equipment stash (i.e. twiglets). They don't understand! Where on earth can I find such a huge collection of people who can relate to my obsession?! Viva la VF.
britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-03, 12:38 PM  
vivian

A ittle article in a fashion magazine ( Glamour ? ) brought me here .
vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-03, 01:44 PM  
Carouge

web search

In late 2001, after 2 pregnancies, I decided to increase my paltry collection of videos - I had about 5 if I recall correctly.

Anyway, I was overwhelmed by the number of fitness videos on sale at Amazon (many with no reviews) so I did a search on the net for video reviews and came up with VF and Paula Z's site - and soon had a collection of nearly 100 workouts!

Fran
Carouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-03, 02:04 PM  
rainbowbrite

I was here around late 1996 with a different username, but came back only recently..you know, due to job, marriage, relocating, online controversies, etc... but video fitness is eternal. I'm glad I'm back and I also got to join the Firm YaYa board, too.
rainbowbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-03, 02:06 PM  
KimberlyN
VF Supporter

I'm a little bit of an obsessive researcher when it comes to buying stuff. I liked the idea of video workouts, and knew there must be some info on the web somewhere, so I found VF while looking for video reviews.

Monica - that's so funny about EBay. I always put links to reviews in my EBay listings, and I always wondered if anyone ever looked at them...
Old 04-05-03, 02:14 PM  
GeorgiaB

I found this site from a post on the Active Low-Carber forum....don't even remember who it was that posted about it, but I'm sure glad they did! This is by far my favorite site now!
GeorgiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-03, 02:18 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I don't remember exactly, and I don't remember when (maybe 5 years ago?). I think it was in a roundabout way. I found Cathe's website after buying one of her videos (through a recommendation in Shape magazine), then I found VF through a link.

I think that's what happened!

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-03, 02:25 PM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

It was late 1998, and I was looking for fitness information. I don't remember what my search was, but maybe I was checking out Collage's web site. I saw some people referencing "VF," and then figured out that there was this place called Video Fitness. I cam for the reviews, and I've been here ever since.
Old 04-05-03, 08:02 PM  
peggy h
VF Supporter

Mollie, it must be fate that I'm posting right after you because I also found VF in 1998 (I think it was summer) and I also found out about it from the Collage Forum! I have been on ever since (though I lurked for a looong time....I posted for the first time in 1/1/2000!)
Old 04-05-03, 08:18 PM  
sehkzoo
VF Supporter

Collage forum

About 3 years ago, after I had lost all of my post-pregnancy weight, I decided that I needed to start strength training, but didn't know where to begin. I posted a question on the Collage forum and someone suggested I come to VF and read some reviews. My first strength tape was Tough Tape II, and it was a tough one at that time! I could barely do the shoulders with 3 pound weights! Now, I am a Cathe strength fan...and can match Cathe's weights on her Intensity tapes....all because of VF and the support and recommendations from this site!

So, thanks again VF - I certainly owe you!

"Do your best and forget the rest"
- Tony Horton
sehkzoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
how did you find vf